FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

My apologies. I'll wait to wet my pants over these "pellugs" or whatever, until they are not only available, but have been tested by people whose opinions I trust. There aren't many of those when it comes to .177 pellets at low velocity.
I've only seen one person posting videos of .177 slugs out of a Red Wolf, IIRC.

I've only seen one person posting videos of .177 slugs out of a Red Wolf, IIRC.
Yeah, these days .177 airguns (especially in lower velocity) are the "redheaded stepchild" of the airgun world.

Not that there aren't LOTS of .177 users. It is just that the marketing hype is for MORE POWER, higher caliber and MORE POWER, MORE POWER! (heavy sigh)

Oh well, I know what I need and what works for me. More power/caliber isn't necessary or wanted. Accuracy/precision is. (smile)

Reactions: jps2486
1 question, when will they be out?
Love to try them, why not, even though I have 100 lbs of pellets.:LOL:
Screenshot_20220803-072100_Chrome.jpg

😁😁😁

the hybird's dont 't shoot good in any of my guns, and the same with patriot slugs , and they both have said the were made to shoot in most airgun barrels but I don't think they were tested in other guns, just fx guns so I think these will be the same and most non fx guns will not like them, my gun does shoot good with jsb and some nsa slugs

the hybird's dont 't shoot good in any of my guns, and the same with patriot slugs , and they both have said the were made to shoot in most airgun barrels but I don't think they were tested in other guns, just fx guns so I think these will be the same and most non fx guns will not like them, my gun does shoot good with jsb and some nsa slugs
Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed........ If FX is designing a pellug you can be sure it's for their liners with little care as to what other guns it works in. I haven't had a single gun the Hybrids shot well in regardless of barrel or choke.

Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed........ If FX is designing a pellug you can be sure it's for their liners with little care as to what other guns it works in. I haven't had a single gun the Hybrids shot well in regardless of barrel or choke.

I’m expecting a Stupendous Pellug Liner MKII to be required for best accuracy. Innovation!

Reactions: BSJ
I have not tested Javelin or hybrids, as they are not made in .177.

Other slugs i have had okay experience with in both FX and CZ barrels, and i have no doubt it could be a excellent experience too if i was able to leave the damn knobs on my guns alone.
I’m expecting a Stupendous Pellug Liner MKII to be required for best accuracy. Innovation!
Well ! that would still be A LOT cheaper than a new barrel for a Daystate A / D wolf, which i have just seen at Krale cost 991 USD :eek:

Bold statement! I do like that FX, even in a failed project at least they tried!! Love that! For me slugs are my absolute least favorite projectile to shoot. Tuning is a nightmare, expensive and time consuming. Pellets are easy and for 100 yards do well if you are even just an average shooter. Best think FX could do is put out basic starting tunes for their rifles for this "new ammo". Help people actually get to shooting, instead of the perpetual cycle of tuning and tinkering.

Reactions: s_mack and douger
the fx hybrid needs 2 sets of dies and has to be struck 2 times to make this cost a lot more to make and more time , by making the halo with one die and having a very large hollow point less lead is needed and it can be done with one die , it saves them money they don’t care if it shoots good in other guns it only mayters if it shoots good in there barrels and its cheaper to make , I am not saying its going to be a bad slug just that its about making more money

Coming soon with FX means we might see them in a year. Can’t see how these are different than hybrids or other slugs.
Coming soon with FX means: Take a seat.
We will make some and you will be lucky if you get to found some in the market.....

But believe us: They are extraordinary!!!!!!....

It is a peatty you can't have them!!!

pellet guns rule
They sure do, i will never be without a pellet shooting rifle or a barrel that can handle pellets too, but i am still a big fan of the other shape of ammo..

Come Tuesday / Wednesday i might very well try some heavies at way past 50 yards, the weather gurus predict next to no wind.

Sunday i will have to do temporary car repair, as on Wednesday someone was so kind to ram my car while parked and then run, fortunately there was a witness that took down the plate as this happened 2 - 2.5 hours after i parked and i only run parking guard on my dashcam for 1 hour.

And i only have the cheap insurance on the "old" car, so if they can get no one else to pay i am screwed.

skade 04-8-2022.jpg

the fx hybrid needs 2 sets of dies and has to be struck 2 times to make this cost a lot more to make and more time , by making the halo with one die and having a very large hollow point less lead is needed and it can be done with one die , it saves them money they don’t care if it shoots good in other guns it only mayters if it shoots good in there barrels and its cheaper to make , I am not saying its going to be a bad slug just that its about making more money
If what you say is true, then the price of Halos should be competitive with the competition, but how do you know how they're made in terms of dies and processes?

So if they are claiming this will replace pellets then will things like benchrest and other pellet competition be going away eventually?
No, it's marketing for their new pellugs. These are just short, fat slugs with the most notable 'new' piece being they have an extra large hollow point. Lighter weight slugs have comparable BC's vs what is being pitched to us here.

Reactions: Richieg and DMS