FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

OK the release date from FX will be 2013 , Now to buy a tin or put a deposit down you will have to wait until 2014, There has been a huge demand and a labor shortage so we are expecting every thing to be viable in 2015 except in the USA shipping has been backed up and 2016 looks pretty clear, All orders will be shipped and be in the hands of the customers late in the year of 2017 for express shipping, all others will arrive at normal times in 2018,
I hope you enjoy your new product...
Mike

I was the last holdout in America when the CD came out to replace the cassette tape. I listened to my cassette’s for years after they had stopped being sold in stores and were replaced on the shelves with the compact disks. When I say years I mean YEARS. I refused to buy a CD player. Had no interest at all in doing so. Obviously time marched on and left me in the dust….a person to be ridiculed by all the “cool” CD people that could just advance to track 4 on the cd at the push of a button, while I was still hitting fast forward and guessing where to stop in order to get to the next song. (I was actually pretty good at it). One day my tape deck in the car gave up the ghost and I searched everywhere for a new replacement….none were to be had. Now the CD manufacturers had me right where they wanted me. I lived like a caveman using only the am/fm portion of the tape deck until I could stand the irritating commercials no longer… and finally with my head hung low, I joined the New World Order and forsook everything I believed in and bought a CD player for my car.
[….Fast Forward 15 Years to today…]
After reading this article from FX I immediately recognized that the world was once again leaping into the future and I didn’t want to be left behind again…. So I headed straight to my pellet shelves and swept my arm across each of the shelves, sweeping ALL of my years of hoarded pellets into the trash to make room for these totally new things that will replace pellets forever.
I hope the new HALO slug that isn’t a slug works good. I really liked those pellets. In hindsight maybe I should have saved enough JSBs to hold me over til the HALO’s are available… dang.

Thanks for the compliment. We are always pushing things for the betterment of our sport!

More details to follow on pricing, packaging and count. Just a bit of a tease of what's to come
Let’s hope FX do a few production runs before the go on sale. It’s great bringing new product out what’s no great is waiting months for it.

Even if having a big inventory collecting dust on shelves are a bad business idea, i would personally establish a good amount of product before i launch my nice new product.

The "JIT" production concept,,,,, i just hate it. ( that mean Just In Time ) Meaning for instance if you are a car maker, well the sub contractor will not make and ship the seats for your cars just before you need them, so this way you do not have XXXX seats sitting in a warehouse.

Over in the UK the cost of Slugs and Pellets has gone through the roof with the more popular pellets almost impossible to find and when you do find them sellers are asking silly money. We are also under the threat of a Lead ban as are the EU country’s. As soon as a retailer gets pellets in they are almost always sold the same day. It’s getting stupid now last year my go to JSBs we’re around £9.50 or there shouts now if i can find them they are just under the £20 mark.

So Mr FX please do some production runs before sending orders to retailers otherwise there will be a fare few shooters getting a tad upset. I mean to say FX is renown for its forward thinking and bringing new ideas to market but FX are also known for not being able to keep up with demand.
m My was on a waiting list with the importers to the U.K. for five months in the end we had a away day to Europe and picked up a U.K. legal one I had ordered two days previously naturally we cancelled the U.K. order. We still got it cheaper than it was advertised for at home.

Reactions: s_mack
The pellet has provided accuracy and efficiency; the staple projectile of choice of airguns for the last century… until now. Introducing the latest innovation from FX Airguns: FX Halo Ammunition. The replacement for the airgun pellet.

FX Halos share the best characteristics of the pellet (high accuracy, low working pressures needed to shoot at optimum speeds) but with nearly double the ballistic coefficient making them more accurate than pellets.

View attachment 279028

The FX Halo was conceived in the mind of Fredrik Axelsson. He knew that the pellet was going to quickly fade in relevance. Modern PCP Airguns simply don’t need the parachute/shuttlecock shape of the pellet to achieve accuracy anymore. The pellet design also limits the ability to shoot at further distances with an airgun, and shooters desire to stretch their rifles out to further distances with extreme precision.

Fredrik perfected the FX Halo with the help of the famed FX South African R&D team (Matt Dubber, Hein Fromann, Roelf Vorster) as well as renowned tooling engineer and die manufacturer Kenith Almeida. The combination of these minds working together has created an airgun ammunition that will replace pellets and give an easy ammunition for air rifles to shoot accurately. Perfect for the shooter that wants the performance of slugs but at pellet settings and tuning.

View attachment 279031

Halos will come in the standard weights of the most popular pellets for each caliber. They shoot at more or less the same speeds to match the velocity and efficiency of rifles tuned for common pellets, but with a much higher BC. This creates extreme stability in flight to provide enhanced accuracy.

Expect that the FX Halo Ammunition will replace your pellets as the common round used for everything from pest control, small game hunting, target shooting, and backyard plinking. The future of airgun ammo is FX Halo Ammunition. FX Halos are coming soon. More details to follow.

View attachment 279032

This will be another overkilled topic for the next 6 months lol.. hybrids were garbage and these will probably be the same crap, just another fx marketing scheme
0_JeeGZt2P_C8ryULH.png

Said FX to the slugs 😁

I'm down if they're pellet priced and are stable and precise at pellet speeds. If they're not and it requires you to bump fps to keep decent precision...nothing we havent seen before with the short-fat-slug options that already exist.

Oh, and FX, those of us with .25 cal that do not have 25 round redesigned magazines (and those of us with the 28's, can't swap em out even if they jam up more than they should) for the love of all things Halo (religious references are now fair game bc FX can market it on the forums? I've seen the marketing giving a blue halo to these pellugs--*ehrm* money over rules), please tell me these won't turn sideways in the mag. I've had to add a bumper to my .25cal 28rd magazines so they feed properly but can't prevent the sideways slug shuffle on lighter weight ammo.

Still waiting patiently to see if these will be viable to replace my hades for pesting duty.

Seems like I’m the minority that really enjoys the hybrid slugs for squirrel hunting. They are lasers out of my cricket 2 .25 and so far testing with my Maverick sniper .30 is showing them to be my best choice for this season. They are out of stock a lot for them to be so unpopular. Must be shooting more of them than I realized. If this means they’ll be discontinuing the hybrids I’ll be stocking up now

Reactions: 850renxrs
The whole "Halo" could have been the lead ring around the hole the pellet, slug or bullet leaves.
I see someone is missing not only a sense of humor but the target as well. Glad you went straight to name calling, good on you.

Smitty
My apologies. I'll wait to wet my pants over these "pellugs" or whatever, until they are not only available, but have been tested by people whose opinions I trust. There aren't many of those when it comes to .177 pellets at low velocity.

Last edited:
I guarantee an issue with penetration with that giant hollow point. I hunt med to med/lg sized game with my .30 M3 I use jsb pellets and pass straight through coyotes and small mule deer you really need penetration to puncture the lungs/heart. I can’t see ethically hunting anything bigger than a raccoon with these. It does say small game though so I’m sure FX realized the same as I.