FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

Settings will be more or less the same between pellets and Halos of the same weight and caliber. The idea is you don't need to hotrod a gun and power it up. You can keep shot efficiency and low reg pressures!

View attachment 279194
I learned from Matt Dubber that especially with shorter barrels regulator settings should be high (150-160 bar minimum) In order to have no air blowing behind a projectile whilst leaving the barrel. I am curious how this advice relates to the lower reg settings encouragement in this announcement.

Wow! I'll be saying "goodbye" to my "pellets" as I send them down range.🙀 The big hollowpoints up front like on the Daisy pellets? I will await accuracy/grouping reviews from shooters here on AGN. Still not giving up on pellets... Because they get it done at the ranges I shoot...
How many manufacturers of slugs or projectiles say THEIRS are the best ECT...but it isn't being proven by those buying them. FX claims: The replacement for air gun pellets. We will see if this claim is fact or fiction by those looking for a replacement for air gun pellets. JSB's are hard to beat or replace...it hasn't happened yet.

Wow this is like the best ever. I’ll believe it when I test it out. But fx might just beat out JSB and take over the pellet market. Can’t wait. But it might be like 6 months before we see any retailers get any of these.
What makes you think jsb aren’t making these for fx. Their pellets are made by jsb, and their hybrids are made by rat sniper. They’re not really into making their own projectiles. Actually my moneys on patriot.

I learned from Matt Dubber that especially with shorter barrels regulator settings should be high (150-160 bar minimum) In order to have no air blowing behind a projectile whilst leaving the barrel. I am curious how this advice relates to the lower reg settings encouragement in this announcement.
True. My Impact Compact .30 reg pressure is 175 bars.

A slug with a large hollowpoint which yields lighter weights. FX has great marketing, I’ll give you guys that. Well, except for that dual Impact shroud idea. Never saw that one come to fruition, obviously.
1E5EA70D-A0B4-4E86-82DB-F6C27A49866E.jpeg

The way you guys rename existing products and call it new; just don’t understand why consumers don’t see it for what it is but good for y’all.

Pellets aren’t being replaced. Plenty of folks need pellets for shortish distances. They also want a projectile that scrubs off speed and energy quickly so as to be safe for shooting in close proximity to sensitive areas.

Last edited:
A slug with a large hollow point which yields lighter weights. FX has great marketing, I’ll give you guys that. Well, except for that dual Impact shroud idea. Never saw that one come to fruition, obviously. The way you guys rename existing products and call it new. Just don’t understand why consumers don’t see it but good for y’all.

Pellets aren’t being replaced. Plenty of folks need pellets for shortish distances. They also want a projectile that scrubs off speed and energy quickly so as to be safe for shooting in close proximity to sensitive areas.
Totally agree Derrick! Pellets will never be replaced! They are much more practical in many applications and a higher bc does not interest me on a dairy. I will also bet my best pair of sponge Bob underwear that they will not be more accurate on average or at moderate ranges! Glad to be wrong on that one! Hope they will let me test some🙏🏼

A slug with a large hollow point which yields lighter weights. FX has great marketing, I’ll give you guys that. Well, except for that dual Impact shroud idea. Never saw that one come to fruition, obviously. The way you guys rename existing products and call it new. Just don’t understand why consumers don’t see it but good for y’all.

When I was pesting with my .22 rimfire, there were so many shots I "couldn't take" even going down to CCI CBs. And all of those projectiles were slugs. When I started pesting with 30 FPE PCPs, there still were many instances where the pest were "too close". For the bulk of pests I shoot pass thrus are a real concern. For me what @zx10wall, wrote in his last paragraph, epitomizes why many come to airguns in the first place.