FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

The pellet has provided accuracy and efficiency; the staple projectile of choice of airguns for the last century… until now. Introducing the latest innovation from FX Airguns: FX Halo Ammunition. The replacement for the airgun pellet.

FX Halos share the best characteristics of the pellet (high accuracy, low working pressures needed to shoot at optimum speeds) but with nearly double the ballistic coefficient making them more accurate than pellets.

View attachment 279028

The FX Halo was conceived in the mind of Fredrik Axelsson. He knew that the pellet was going to quickly fade in relevance. Modern PCP Airguns simply don’t need the parachute/shuttlecock shape of the pellet to achieve accuracy anymore. The pellet design also limits the ability to shoot at further distances with an airgun, and shooters desire to stretch their rifles out to further distances with extreme precision.

Fredrik perfected the FX Halo with the help of the famed FX South African R&D team (Matt Dubber, Hein Fromann, Roelf Vorster) as well as renowned tooling engineer and die manufacturer Kenith Almeida. The combination of these minds working together has created an airgun ammunition that will replace pellets and give an easy ammunition for air rifles to shoot accurately. Perfect for the shooter that wants the performance of slugs but at pellet settings and tuning.

View attachment 279031

Halos will come in the standard weights of the most popular pellets for each caliber. They shoot at more or less the same speeds to match the velocity and efficiency of rifles tuned for common pellets, but with a much higher BC. This creates extreme stability in flight to provide enhanced accuracy.

Expect that the FX Halo Ammunition will replace your pellets as the common round used for everything from pest control, small game hunting, target shooting, and backyard plinking. The future of airgun ammo is FX Halo Ammunition. FX Halos are coming soon. More details to follow.

View attachment 279032
Dang this is wild! THIS PELLETS LOOK SO SEXY

Just ran across this. The .30 caliber the one they’re coming out with first from what I understand.

IMG_8284.jpeg

why is fx being mysterious about how many will come per pack. all their reps just have "price will be similar to pellets" on repeat. they cant give us actual numbers ? i get the feeling its going to be 100 or 150 halos for the prices of 500 pellets
What I’m about to say isn’t to bash FX as they’re simply working the market like everyone else, however… A company of their size already knows exactly what their inputs (raw materials, machinery, etc) cost down to the penny with some obvious variables such as the price of fuel. I think they’re trying to assess market interest which will allow them to shift prices up or down a dollar or 2. They kinda shot themselves in the foot though if they can’t match the price of conventional pellets but we’ll see 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Caliber 22
What I’m about to say isn’t to bash FX as they’re simply working the market like everyone else, however… A company of their size already knows exactly what their inputs (raw materials, machinery, etc) cost down to the penny with some obvious variables such as the price of fuel. I think they’re trying to assess market interest which will allow them to shift prices up or down a dollar or 2. They kinda shot themselves in the foot though if they can’t match the price of conventional pellets but we’ll see 🤷‍♂️
FX does not manufacture ammunition. They contract to put their name on someone else's.

i understand that point. i dont think they are at the planning phase of "how many will we include per pack" they already have packing made or at least samples. why not just put out something telling use what the customer would get per pack. if they wait to the last minute to announce that we will get 150 "halos" for the price we would get 500 pellets most people are just gonna say fx is just hyping their products again. then weeks or a few months later it fades into oblivion. anyone remember the barrel harmonic tuning device they released? it was put out as basically fixing all barrel harmonics. when was the last time you anything about that waste of money?

Reactions: Dairyboy
FX does not manufacture ammunition. They contract to put their name on someone else's.
Thank you for the clarification as I was unaware of that but I don’t believe it changes my original claim. However I think the probability of my hypothesis being accurate is much lower now as (IMHO) the more likely possibility is simply contractual disagreements with the manufacturer. Manufacturer may have stated they can keep production costs in line with pellets and come time to pay the bill the quote FX is handed is much higher. I wonder if that thing that made this take so long to get to market was finding a supplier who could do what they were asking at the price they requested.

i understand that point. i dont think they are at the planning phase of "how many will we include per pack" they already have packing made or at least samples. why not just put out something telling use what the customer would get per pack. if they wait to the last minute to announce that we will get 150 "halos" for the price we would get 500 pellets most people are just gonna say fx is just hyping their products again. then weeks or a few months later it fades into oblivion. anyone remember the barrel harmonic tuning device they released? it was put out as basically fixing all barrel harmonics. when was the last time you anything about that waste of money?
I 100% agree that the packaging has already been made and they know how many are going to be in each pack but I think it’s possible the MSRP might be effected, however with what @heavy-impact pointed put I don’t think my original claim is likely to be accurate

Actually I’m embarrassed to have passed over this as the possibility there’s ambiguity in the pricing. There may be quality control issues and they’re having a hard time getting reject rates down. Someone with experience in high volume metal manufacturing will hopefully chime in here to let us know. Is it possible that this could be a large unknown expense this late in the game or if it’s already been ironed out?

Also to anyone wondering, I’m just throwing theories out there for fun. I don’t have a formal background in this subject and it could just be FX is blatantly lying but I like to think that’s not the case.

I think I saw one video for the barrel tuner from each elite youtuber that pushes their products and never seen it again. They don’t use it in any of their subsequent videos. And have seen a lot for sale used since. I’ve never fallen for it and never used it so I can’t say personally if it works or not. I try not to fall into the newest, latest, greatest, updatest traps. 😂 Im steering away from FX just for my personal preference anyway. I’ve had two Impacts, a Maverick, WC MKI, II & III. I’m about FX’d out. Haha! Went to Airgun Technologies and love them. No hype and solid as a rock.

I noticed in the last video (most recently posted?) that the verbage had been changed to "**almost** as cheap as a conventional pellet..."

As far as manufacturing, you definitely need to keep your rejects down to make manufacturing work. In fact, you'd need negligible defects (1 in many thousand) because it's just not feasible to inspect each projectile and customers aren't going to accept a couple of defects in every package. That said, the technology to do this kind of manufacturing is very mature, so quality production should not really be an issue.

GsT

I noticed in the last video (most recently posted?) that the verbage had been changed to "**almost** as cheap as a conventional pellet..."

As far as manufacturing, you definitely need to keep your rejects down to make manufacturing work. In fact, you'd need negligible defects (1 in many thousand) because it's just not feasible to inspect each projectile and customers aren't going to accept a couple of defects in every package. That said, the technology to do this kind of manufacturing is very mature, so quality production should not really be an issue.

GsT
Thank you for answering!!!