FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

This is why I like FX. Always working on new products!
Thanks for the compliment. We are always pushing things for the betterment of our sport!

More details to follow on pricing, packaging and count. Just a bit of a tease of what's to come.

The price will be similar to pellets :)
If this becomes a reality these will be the ticket. I shoot NSA slugs due to price and availability of supply. The hybrids have been more than double the cost and not reasonably price comparative. I will say though, FX innovation is stellar, the follow-on lack of supply is a huge detractor. A number of us are still waiting for items like 800mm tensioned barrels that were advertised three months ago, and other innovations that have not been adequately supplied after all the hoopla and sponsored shooter Youtube hysteria. I have two M3’s so I’m not a person that doesn’t have the base investment in the product. Looking forward to seeing these on the market in an adequate supply.

If they aren’t comparable to NSA in price, or less.
Maybe as a American, over here in EU ville, or the Danish part of it, the NSA are the most expensive option VS JSB Ko or Zan Slugs or H&N for that matter.
Okay it is not super more expensive for NSA but say over 5 tins / boxes of the other ones mentioned, well with the savings you could by a 6 one.

I am wondering where the FX inline chronograph announced years ago ended up ? that was a paper launch in anything i think it is safe to say by now.
That is also okay, at least if you come out and say so, just leaving people in the dark thats so unnecessary.

I think FX makes great products !

All of the Impacts I've owed had been excellent rifles including my M3 non power block(YET, I have pre ordered the upgrade kit)

But I think most of us FX fans are getting sick of COMING SOON and PRE ORDER !

New innovation is Great !

Just wait until you can supply your dealers with a continuous supply of these new innovations before releasing them.
Thanks Brian

Slugs or bullet shaped projectiles are nothing new.
But I thought this was a huge innovative new idea?!?!
(Just pulling your chain Glem.)

FX may have something here......if they'll shoot well in most barrels (like pellets) without the typical slug frustration........as for me, I'll wait to see how they shoot prior to extolling virtues.

I'd kinda like to see some details about why FX thinks they'll shoot so much better than slugs (which is kind of an admission that slugs are tough to get to shoot well in its own right), cuz they don't look too different than regular slugs......

Given the multitude of airgun slugs out there now, it is a little hard to see how these stand out. I guess it comes down to how much testing and development went into their design and if some optimal shape was worked out that wasn’t picky about barrel specifics.

They look nice I’d love to try them out especially if they come in loose / box / tin packaging.

Last edited:
Reactions: delooper
If this becomes a reality these will be the ticket. I shoot NSA slugs due to price and availability of supply. The hybrids have been more than double the cost and not reasonably price comparative. I will say though, FX innovation is stellar, the follow-on lack of supply is a huge detractor. A number of us are still waiting for items like 800mm tensioned barrels that were advertised three months ago, and other innovations that have not been adequately supplied after all the hoopla and sponsored shooter Youtube hysteria. I have two M3’s so I’m not a person that doesn’t have the base investment in the product. Looking forward to seeing these on the market in an adequate supply.
Let me clarify further as I reread what we wrote earlier. These will be priced the same as pellets now (JSB level quality, not Gamo ;))

But I thought this was a huge innovative new idea?!?!
(Just pulling your chain Glem.)

FX may have something here......if they'll shoot well in most barrels (like pellets) without the typical slug frustration........as for me, I'll wait to see how they shoot prior to extolling virtues.

I'd kinda like to see some details about why FX thinks they'll shoot so much better than slugs (which is kind of an admission that slugs are tough to get to shoot well in its own right), cuz they don't look too different than regular slugs......
It's more about shooting accurately at standard regulator pressures and the same tuning as pellets. Slugs with high BC are incredible (just check out what the 40gr .22 Cal was doing at RMAC Precision in that crazy wind this year), but you have to push higher reg pressures and less shots per fill. Not everyone wants to shoot that way versus the convenience, economy (price and air effeciency), and effect of pellets... just with double the BC of pellets.

Hope that helps clarify. It's going to be really fun to see what you guys think when these hit the market!!!

Really looks good but like many others that have been waiting for over a year on the .35 slug liner and now the tensioned barrel system for roughly 3 months, until I see it it’s just wishful thinking.
I love my M3, M2 and Dream-Tac but until the products hit stores, and not as a pre-order, they only exist to the FX tester family. Today is July 29th, I’ll check back with when they are available to the everyday average guy/gal…

It's more about shooting accurately at standard regulator pressures and the same tuning as pellets. Slugs with high BC are incredible (just check out what the 40gr .22 Cal was doing at RMAC Precision in that crazy wind this year), but you have to push higher reg pressures and less shots per fill. Not everyone wants to shoot that way versus the convenience, economy (price and air effeciency), and effect of pellets... just with double the BC of pellets.

Hope that helps clarify. It's going to be really fun to see what you guys think when these hit the market!!!
@FX-USA but there is no room for Hybrids then. Halos have pretty much the same BC as Hybrids, same weight, bigger HP which means they will expand better and they are cheaper than Hybrids.

They are not slugs nor hybrids. The Halo will be more comparable to pellets.
what is the difference between slugs and Halo’s then apart from the obvious lower minimum weight of the Halo’s ?

if the FX Halo’s are rebranded JAVELIN GEN2’s with just more hollow point ( material removed, hence lighter) please be clear about that from the beginning. Nothing wrong with that.
( daystate have their Howler Nielsen slugs )
This makes me think that there is a writing error on the packaging and introduction of the HALO’s in this thread. It should read the “HOLLOW” not “HALO”. The HYBRIDS will be GOODBYEBRIDS I guess .

Last edited:
Reactions: jps2486