FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

1691847797869.jpeg

I just ordered and received more boxes of Zan, as i simply can not wait for FX or Javelin to work their magic.
Actually 3 boxes more and my slug suitcase are full, and thats minus various H&N and KO slugs i also have sitting in a cupboard in the kitchen.

Really Sweden have declined ever since it stopped being a part of Denmark,,,,, thats what succession / rebel get you, just a fair warning to any rebel states out there. :)

As much as I have avoided being a "fan boy" — just for the sake of the privilege to be "one of the boys" — I have to say that what FX intended (still intends?) to offer is exactly what I have been looking for.

So much, that I even have considered* spending two grand to get the swaging equipment to make it myself. 😱

I explain:
• I like big impacts.
•• And big calibers deliver that — but at the price of more noise and low shot count.

••• Hollow points in smaller caliber deliver almost the same.
•••• But they must expand a lot — in a couple of inches of flesh — if the big impact is going to happen.

● For big expansion, the projectiles must not just be made from very soft (i.e., pure) lead, but:
●● Projectiles must have a very wide and a very deep hollow point cavity (see Bob Sterne's testing in HardAir Magazine). And:
●●● Projectiles must have a high impact velocity (not just at the muzzle!) — 800fps and above is good.

BUT:
■ Hollow point pellets have a notoriously low BC, the better ones in .22cal around 0.25.
➔ Which means they will bleed of their high muzzle velocity quickly and arrive at the quarry with less than 800fps.

➠ NOW:
🟠 The Halos:

🔸They would have a high BC, as they are slullets, sluggets, pellugs, what have you.
➔ Therefore, they will arrive with a high velocity for impact to favor HP expansion.
🔸They also have a ridiculously good hollow point cavity:
It is so wide, so deep — it will be a CRATER OF DOOM for the poor pest. 💀

Matthias

*I said "considered spending" — no, I don't have that kind of money to spend.... 😆