FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

Thing that keeps me on my seat is the fact they’re mKing them in similar weights as pellets. This appeals to me for my guns that shoot lighter stuff. Also the quality control in pellets lately has been sub par, and it would be nice to have another option.
I recently ordered some 20.2 nsa slugs to try in my crown and see if I can get similar accuracy to the 18gn jsb’s I set it up for.
Totally agree with this statement - JSB have been pretty bad lately. I've been using H&N more and more in guns that shoot them well.

Reactions: madeintheuk
Hybrids are expensive. I would if I could, but you encroach the cost of powder burner ammo at that point. These halo’s are supposed to be priced like pellets.
I dont shoot them exclusively unless longer range ie 100+. Normally stick with the standard 34gr JSB's inside that which is the majority of my shooting anyway. You can tell by looking at them with the large hollow point cavity and smooth finish they probably take a few steps to make plus the protective packaging tray adds to the cost but they are a very nice well engineered design that has it's place. You see high quality target .177 pellets packaged the same way to protect and insure uniformity. If to expensive then other options are certainly available...go that route and move on.

Reactions: madeintheuk
I certainly have…it’s getting bad enough that the guys I shoot with are all looking into buying a swage press together as like a “club investment”. Like everything else, the price just keeps on climbing.
The smartest investment for a small team of people (5>) is something like a Presslug or Corbin, with the fact that they come out with proven dies for a good shape of slugs, take a lead melting pot (Lee Precision) and make a big "pellet/slug trap" so that the lead leads again for making slugs. Lead is cheap and easily available... FX and other slugs producers should say "goodbye"!...

This thread has been here since the end of July '22...has 16 pages...just clicked on it for the first time for something to do...retired you know (way too windy to shoot today.)...A new air powered projectile to replace pellets...better than sliced bread...Well FX...send me a tin/box in .177,
22, and.25 and if available a tin/box of
20 cals too. Let ME test them in MY existing barrels and MY magazines and I'll give them MY honest review (l'm a member in good standing of the Air Gun Nation community been shooting over 60 years, I'm retired and have lots of time)....in the meantime please keep at least one pellet line going in the mentioned calibers just for me...I love you FX, (I've helped fund this project from all your guns I've bought) but I'll believe it when I see it....

Reactions: Matt B. (SHOOK)
hehe yeah.

ATM i think we are just beating about the bush here, maybe displaying a infantile impatience.
IMO thats okay a thread go a little OT, when these finally come out i am sure many of us are going to try them and will have all manners of feedback on them to share in here in new threads..

On another forum i made a thread just for funny pictures, it is now about 300 pages and by far the biggest thread on that forum.

It is good to shoot the breeze now and then and not just papers / pests we normally shoot.

MIND you that funny pic thread of mine, have earned me a few slaps on the wrist by admins, as what constitute fun for a Dane are apparently not fun for a American.
Also both countries have free speech,,,, but we Danes have ULTIMATE free speech, meaning you can go on live TV and just spew foul words, and you will not hear a single beep, so i some times forget that and use words online that are not popular by some, and it can get a little harsh as i am also a crusty old sailor.

We Danes and Swedes, well we like to pull each others legs, far more fun than the +30 years our countries have been at war.

I have BEEN ready to say to pellets.......
MiniatureDemandingConch-size_restricted.gif

But it's 2023 and.......
Waiting-Memes-52918.jpg

I like the name "Phantoms". I have to be a phantom, here, there and gone. Every spring and summer I get 2 to 4 liters of raccoons walking my 6' fence making a 90 deg. turn and headed to our animal feeder lady 3 places down. I really want that Phantom pellet and the sidewinder for 2 very Phantom type holes like, on each target, cause after the first 2 critters they all do a lot of duck and run the rest of the summer, and I need big holes cause I have to catch them on the "dodge and fly" so they bleed out quick and I can gather them up quick and get them away from my place. They move quick once they know that I know. I am debating on semi or full . I like the Idea of a little more control with semi . I have about 3 acres and machinery, plus 1.65 acres in alfalfa and a pasture and water. I've given up gardening. They get more than I do. Almost stopped all the kits and one doe last year. Squirrels everywhere. Closest neighbor is beside my place and is feeding them along with the feeder lady, she feeds every thing. They don't know whether to go to his feed or hers down the way. They seem to stop at his place and when thy notice the rest are headed to her place they leave. Of course I must stay under the line of sight and always have an excellent back stop. Wouldn't want to upset any folks. Well be sure of your target and squeeze slow. Bye SMOKE. P.S. I Used to watch my dad's blue gray cigarette smoke fade away like a " Phantom." Not a trace left. No noise. That is the right Idea for me.

I like the name "Phantoms". I have to be a phantom, here, there and gone. Every spring and summer I get 2 to 4 liters of raccoons walking my 6' fence making a 90 deg. turn and headed to our animal feeder lady 3 places down. I really want that Phantom pellet and the sidewinder for 2 very Phantom type holes like, on each target, cause after the first 2 critters they all do a lot of duck and run the rest of the summer, and I need big holes cause I have to catch them on the "dodge and fly" so they bleed out quick and I can gather them up quick and get them away from my place. They move quick once they know that I know. I am debating on semi or full . I like the Idea of a little more control with semi . I have about 3 acres and machinery, plus 1.65 acres in alfalfa and a pasture and water. I've given up gardening. They get more than I do. Almost stopped all the kits and one doe last year. Squirrels everywhere. Closest neighbor is beside my place and is feeding them along with the feeder lady, she feeds every thing. They don't know whether to go to his feed or hers down the way. They seem to stop at his place and when thy notice the rest are headed to her place they leave. Of course I must stay under the line of sight and always have an excellent back stop. Wouldn't want to upset any folks. Well be sure of your target and squeeze slow. Bye SMOKE. P.S. I Used to watch my dad's blue gray cigarette smoke fade away like a " Phantom." Not a trace left. No noise. That is the right Idea for me.
One of the best posts I've read on this world wide web forum.

• Haha
Reactions: UCChris