FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

The pellet has provided accuracy and efficiency; the staple projectile of choice of airguns for the last century… until now. Introducing the latest innovation from FX Airguns: FX Halo Ammunition. The replacement for the airgun pellet.

FX Halos share the best characteristics of the pellet (high accuracy, low working pressures needed to shoot at optimum speeds) but with nearly double the ballistic coefficient making them more accurate than pellets.

View attachment 279028

The FX Halo was conceived in the mind of Fredrik Axelsson. He knew that the pellet was going to quickly fade in relevance. Modern PCP Airguns simply don’t need the parachute/shuttlecock shape of the pellet to achieve accuracy anymore. The pellet design also limits the ability to shoot at further distances with an airgun, and shooters desire to stretch their rifles out to further distances with extreme precision.

Fredrik perfected the FX Halo with the help of the famed FX South African R&D team (Matt Dubber, Hein Fromann, Roelf Vorster) as well as renowned tooling engineer and die manufacturer Kenith Almeida. The combination of these minds working together has created an airgun ammunition that will replace pellets and give an easy ammunition for air rifles to shoot accurately. Perfect for the shooter that wants the performance of slugs but at pellet settings and tuning.

View attachment 279031

Halos will come in the standard weights of the most popular pellets for each caliber. They shoot at more or less the same speeds to match the velocity and efficiency of rifles tuned for common pellets, but with a much higher BC. This creates extreme stability in flight to provide enhanced accuracy.

Expect that the FX Halo Ammunition will replace your pellets as the common round used for everything from pest control, small game hunting, target shooting, and backyard plinking. The future of airgun ammo is FX Halo Ammunition. FX Halos are coming soon. More details to follow.

View attachment 279032
Sounds like they're coming out in December

The pellet has provided accuracy and efficiency; the staple projectile of choice of airguns for the last century… until now. Introducing the latest innovation from FX Airguns: FX Halo Ammunition. The replacement for the airgun pellet.

FX Halos share the best characteristics of the pellet (high accuracy, low working pressures needed to shoot at optimum speeds) but with nearly double the ballistic coefficient making them more accurate than pellets.

View attachment 279028

The FX Halo was conceived in the mind of Fredrik Axelsson. He knew that the pellet was going to quickly fade in relevance. Modern PCP Airguns simply don’t need the parachute/shuttlecock shape of the pellet to achieve accuracy anymore. The pellet design also limits the ability to shoot at further distances with an airgun, and shooters desire to stretch their rifles out to further distances with extreme precision.

Fredrik perfected the FX Halo with the help of the famed FX South African R&D team (Matt Dubber, Hein Fromann, Roelf Vorster) as well as renowned tooling engineer and die manufacturer Kenith Almeida. The combination of these minds working together has created an airgun ammunition that will replace pellets and give an easy ammunition for air rifles to shoot accurately. Perfect for the shooter that wants the performance of slugs but at pellet settings and tuning.

View attachment 279031

Halos will come in the standard weights of the most popular pellets for each caliber. They shoot at more or less the same speeds to match the velocity and efficiency of rifles tuned for common pellets, but with a much higher BC. This creates extreme stability in flight to provide enhanced accuracy.

Expect that the FX Halo Ammunition will replace your pellets as the common round used for everything from pest control, small game hunting, target shooting, and backyard plinking. The future of airgun ammo is FX Halo Ammunition. FX Halos are coming soon. More details to follow.

View attachment 279032
Haven't seen them on preorder

Wow! I'll be saying "goodbye" to my "pelletmake as" as I send them down range.🙀 The big hollowpoints up front like on the Daisy pellets? I will await accuracy/grouping reviews from shooters here on AGN. Still not giving up on pellets... Because they get it done at the ranges I shoot...
Guessing they will make a loud pop on contact with any critters to confirm a hit. Lol

Nice.
I am for sure up for trying a tin or two of the .177 ones.

Cost ?
I have always assumed, that slugs got to be cheaper to make the mold for VS pellets, but it is of course just one of those things that rummage around in my grey goo between the ears.

If i could get those at the same time i got a .177 slug liner,,,,,, i would be a happy chappy :giggle:
Can't beat pellets at short and medium ranges.
An accurate slug in a barrel it likes is a very good thing. Lol

I hope that JSB will produce them before them, because they have fairly normal prices, at least here in the EU..
I am hoping that with the statement from FX, they are also thinking off the price.
It would suck if its just slugs ever so slightly cheaper than the most expensive slugs.

IMHO i have always thought " why are slugs not cheaper than pellets" CUZ the mold got to be cheaper to make for a slug VS a pellet with their skirts on.
And we all know things with skirts on can be high maintenance / cost.

Looks interesting for sure! How are these different than the FX Hybrids? Are these available now at the usual outlets?
looks like the cup in the back looks really thin vs. the hybrid which is recessed
just a really light slug