FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

Hmm....
So FX promotes a new product well before they actually have it available. We talk about it for months thus keeping it relevant and spreading the word about said product. This marketing strategy has worked before and is working again.... can you blame them??
It's like the Knights-Who-Say-"Ni". Don't say it, ahhh I said "it" again, AHHHH!!
FX, you must bring us a shrubbery!

Reactions: MrP and Gerry52
IMO this kind of behaviour by manufacturers is inevitable. The airgun community is small, but it has a big-enough "well-heeled" population so that small innovations can drive demand, even with high prices. So there's enough money in this small economy to drive high-priced small innovations. The hype cycle keeps people hooked on brands. Much like the zombie hordes still following everything Apple.

I like that they are constantly innovating. I like that they promised me " fall" as a time line for the 800mm kits, having learned not to promise dates for something not even in production. I like that they made good on that. I hate waiting as much as the next guy, but come on, it's part of life. Being on the leading edge means spending your money and time on research. It's neither free, nor instantaneous. When one of us can accomplish these things, we will all applaud them. In the mean time feel free to vote with your dollars. If this brand isn't spending enough money or working fast enough to suit you, feel free to spend them on the innovator who is. While you are at it feel free to let us know who that is.

IMO this kind of behaviour by manufacturers is inevitable. The airgun community is small, but it has a big-enough "well-heeled" population so that small innovations can drive demand, even with high prices. So there's enough money in this small economy to drive high-priced small innovations. The hype cycle keeps people hooked on brands. Much like the zombie hordes still following everything Apple.
I  was starting to be well heeled, till I discovered airguns....

Ted Holdover is already testing them, he posted on Instagram!...
Apparently, they aren't ready for prime time... Yes, Ted hinted that he's testing them, but no data, nothing.... If something isn't a prototype or B version, why would they not have him TEST them? To me, this seems like they aren't quite sure yet, and need some feedback before us little people get to try them out...

Well i could not wait, and just had to buy something, so i picked up 2000 more 13 grain Zan slugs, which now mean that aside for 3 boxes of 16 grain Zan, my slug suitcase are full.

And i need to figure out something else as i want to turn the slug case into a case for pellets i just have to force myself to shoot more next year.
So i figure if i have nothing but pellets in my go ammo case, well i will just have to shoot those.

I also remembered to pick up a tin of the 13 grain H&N slugs as i have not tried those, i hope they work well, CUZ compared to JSB KO slugs and Zan, they are a lot cheaper.

Last edited: