FX Halo Ammunition - Say Goodbye To Pellets

@douger you need to put a @ in front of the username, that why the user get notified that you have mentioned him / her when they log on next time.
Just like i just did with you here.

It is more convenient, not least with prolific posters that have a lot of things going, after i while such users can barely keep up with them self.
Or you can just set your profile settings to notify you with all kinds of options for your notifications.....

From someone who has no horse in this race(I shoot heavy slugs almost exclusively these days), I doubt these will make pellets obsolete. Yet, innovation is a good thing, and they will definitely have some uses if they perform as advertised. Time will tell.

And who knows? I might even have an airgun that will work with them by the time they're available. Hmm... How nice of a gun can I save up for in the next three years?

You can, but i like 0 fructifications or at least very very few, at least on my computer and phone, i am far too laid back to deal with such things.

But the @ trick so a person you mention get a notification are good, provided of course he have the option to get a notification on

I use that a lot on another forum to help brands / their supporters get notified fast so they can take care of their customers, or to tag in a more knowledgeable person, as i dont have knowledge / experience with a lot of brands.

For those who are questioning the accuracy of this new halo ammo I am pretty sure it will be as good as most pellets and slugs for short range shooting. I have been experimenting with the corbin hollow ogive dies for the past couple weeks. I have made slugs with just enough point to cycle from the mag to the breech all the way down to a 2s nose. All of them are easily moa at 50yds through my .22 maverick sniper. 24 grain and up are also moa out of my .22 aea varmint.
6105F7EA-EEAD-441A-8438-1D9E07A66851.jpeg
15EC2043-2A87-4D19-9A29-BC0B025ECA95.jpeg

DAF414DD-D1C8-48C3-A525-B1473A787AC0.jpeg

77082CAC-3747-476D-A264-0B8866098BC9.jpeg

For those who are questioning the accuracy of this new halo ammo I am pretty sure it will be as good as most pellets and slugs for short range shooting. I have been experimenting with the corbin hollow ogive dies for the past couple weeks. I have made slugs with just enough point to cycle from the mag to the breech all the way down to a 2s nose. All of them are easily moa at 50yds through my .22 maverick sniper. 24 grain and up are also moa out of my .22 aea varmint. View attachment 290805View attachment 290806

View attachment 290802

View attachment 290803

50 yards tells us nothing though, I shot my Alpha Wolf .22 that was not designed for slugs at 50 yards, with slugs , and could get 10 in a group the size of a quarter. Taking them past 50? Lol that was the day I was pissed I wasted that much money on a rifle. Just sporadic accuracy shooting those same slugs past that 50 yard mark.

Why don't people just call these "slugs"? They look like slugs to me. No skirt.

Is the different manufacturing process the reason for the name?
Welcome to FX marketing..."Team, we are going to produce an existing product, but it's our job today to come up with a different name for it to confuse the masses into buying it" 😁
(Queue up the brand ambassadors to help the confusion cause)

Welcome to FX marketing..."Team, we are going to produce an existing product, but it's our job today to come up with a different name for it to confuse the masses into buying it" 😁
(Queue up the brand ambassadors to help the confusion cause)

And theres people here who don't believe FX is 75% marketing lol

These Slugs are especially made for PCP guns for non Crowned barrels and are not really meant for lower powered PCP and break barrel guns. There is no hollow Skirt behind them so I would think for higher powered guns. Pellets will always have their place in life and there are so many good I'll never say goodbye to my pellets, Love my pellets and I like the lower costs. Thanks for sharing, look very interesting. Mick.

In the middle to distant future i think would have been more in line.

It is funny though, and i might cheat myself, but lets say Element scopes, well everyone got one, so i am more inclined to get something else.
Just like today everyone have a tattoo, the almost 40 year old one i have, i am inclined to get it removed as POP have ruined it for me, even if i dont really ever notice it myself.

Though i must also say, 2 months for me now in my old age, that is no time at all, time just go so fast now, so some times when we talk about something i go " remember 10 or so years ago when we ,,,,,, " and my friend look funny at me and go " dude that was more like 30 years ago.