FX experts…see anything weird?

I’m a bit of a snob myself…but it always doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion. Anyone notice anything off about this rod? There is a VERY SLIGHT indentation on top which bugs me…thoughts?

image.1651876713.jpg
image.1651876737.jpg
image.1651876760.jpg

I say it’s time for a rebuild kit!

I’m thinking huma unless I can find a second hand AMP for cheap

Huma isn’t all they crack up to be in my experience plus Huma can NOT be adjusted while under pressure while FX regulators can. I have a Huma on another gun and it permanently creeps if stored for a while so to say I’m disappointed is an understatement, plus their support isn’t helpful at all and won’t help me after multiple contacts and blame it on me. While FX send me a rebuild kit when I had just a oring problem. Call FX and the reg are actually cheaper than Huma rega, in fact the entire bottle adapter with the reg is cheaper than Huma reg alone. YMMV. 

I say it’s time for a rebuild kit!

I’m thinking huma unless I can find a second hand AMP for cheap

Huma isn’t all they crack up to be in my experience plus Huma can NOT be adjusted while under pressure while FX regulators can. I have a Huma on another gun and it permanently creeps if stored for a while so to say I’m disappointed is an understatement, plus their support isn’t helpful at all and won’t help me after multiple contacts and blame it on me. While FX send me a rebuild kit when I had just a oring problem. Call FX and the reg are actually cheaper than Huma rega, in fact the entire bottle adapter with the reg is cheaper than Huma reg alone. YMMV. 

Alrighty I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask

I'm definitely not an expert but, I ordered parts from FX to rebuild the original AMP in my M1 conversion because it was creeping. After the repair the creep was much worse and would not stop after shooting quite a few times. Ordered a Huma, installed it and have had no issues since. It adjusts the same as the AMP and so far no creep. The only thing I don't like about it is that it adjusts with a flat screwdriver rather than a hex key.

FX USA has brass pistons now all fx will use brass pistons now i got one just not having issues yet lol

pssss i never turn reg down under pressure degass

FX has them as a part you can order on their website? I will get them, this is a vast improvement. VetMX is 100% right, the AMP piston is supposed to be dome shaped. A dent is caused by lowering reg under pressure. You can raise pressure. Same with Huma. You can raise under pressure, not lower. I confirmed this with Huma. I talked to them in detail because of a creep issue also. Had this problem with all my Huma regs. Once I stopped trying to get higher pressures, anything over 135, I stopped getting reg creep. Huma IMHO just doesn't like higher pressures even with adding washers. This is a problem of course for slug shooters that need more speed. I like the AMP stuff, especially if you polish the two ends that meet to close the reg. The new brass piston will be a good improvement. Douger do you have a part number?

FX USA has brass pistons now all fx will use brass pistons now i got one just not having issues yet lol

pssss i never turn reg down under pressure degass

Oh shoot…yeah this is nice if true. The only reason I wanted a huma was because of the brass regulator rod…but if they have them now and for less…then it’s worth it.

I'm definitely not an expert but, I ordered parts from FX to rebuild the original AMP in my M1 conversion because it was creeping. After the repair the creep was much worse and would not stop after shooting quite a few times. Ordered a Huma, installed it and have had no issues since. It adjusts the same as the AMP and so far no creep. The only thing I don't like about it is that it adjusts with a flat screwdriver rather than a hex key.

Yeah see I had leaking issues with my impact…and they went away after installing a Huma. This was the pre-AMP regulator Impact (MK1) though. Décisions…décisions.

...if you do a quarter turn then burn off a couple shots if lowering....

👆👆👆 this!!! and applies to every Reg.

I am amazed ppl buying new and new and new tricks expecting to work a magic....Fix it, or ask for training :)

When you polish the mating faces in between two pieces you don't do it in 3 minutes....do it in 5 or 10 if needed redo four times.