• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX excitement gone

As hard as it is to believe it's worth the wait. Most of us poor addicted souls are constantly waiting for something in the mail to validate our existence. When it finally gets here we are elated and just have to tear it apart and then buy parts to make it better. We have to wait for those too. ;^) Most of us know how tough the wait can be. Good that you have one coming they are really a blast.

Welp— my impact has been ordered so long that the excitement is gone. At this point, if something comes up needing that money, I’m not sure it will hurt my feelings to cancel that order. That is a shame

I'm right there with ya...If I don't get some kind of an update soon ( it's their resposibility to keep us informed, not ours to chase them down ) I'll be doing research on an alternative rifle. I've read good things about the Benjamin Kratos. I've had a Crown Continuum on order since July 7th.

I am not going to hold the people responsible for keeping me informed about the gun I ordered because I understand that I am on a long list and I am easily replaceable. It is what it is with this hobby. As far as getting a used one goes I look at it like this. If you have $2k+ to blow on an airgun, the risk of buying used to save a couple hundred bucks is just not worth it. 

Like Long_Gun_Dallas said, everything is slow now. I bought a package deal in the beginning of July with my marauder pistol, all dirt-common items, and it took well over a month for them to ship even that. They actually had to reauthorize my credit card because after a month the authorization expired. So if it can happen with the most common items out there, maybe that will make you feel better that you weren't singled out by Fate for some extra aggravation. It's bad that way all over.

In the last 3 months, I've purchased 2 used Impacts from the classifieds section, one from Racolon and Mikelo123.

Both were sold in like new condition and I paid $1800 each, both were flawless cosmetically and shoot as they were designed to.

At the same time I also purchased 2 more used FX Impacts from UtahAir's Used Section and have had the same excellent results!

All 4 are still under factory warranty, but I doubt needing to exercise that service.

To each their own, but I got thank the previous owners, they did all the hard work and exercised their patience to acquire these Impacts.

These purchases were easy acquisitions, with very little risk involved!

Thanks for you time! 

A few factors to consider:

1. Sweden goes on vacation for 5 weeks during the summer so production slows or comes to a halt.

2. People are spending more time outdoors, so outdoor equipment is becoming scarce. Just look at the mountain bike industry - bikes have flown off the shelves and production can’t keep up with demand.

3. People staying at home are bored and have turned to YouTube for entertainment. Watching airgun hunting and pest control videos gets them hyped up. They’ve discovered airguns as viable hobby. They see all the shooters promoting FX as the top gun to get, so they go out and preorder one, not realizing how long the wait is.

I’m in category #3. I waited 9 weeks for my Wildcat Mk3 Compact .25. I ordered the week of June 15 from Utah Airguns, and it finally arrived last week. They were quite patient with my constant inquiries concerning the status of my order. I’m happy with the gun, and it meets my expectation.