FX FX Dynamic

I have the FX Dynamic 700mm in .357. To keep it short I’m looking to shoot a 145 ish grain slug and reach 900 to 950 fps. As of now after replacing the stock hammer weight with the 8mm hammer weight I’ve found myself at 170 bar on the regulator, macro/micro maxed out and shooting 830fps. Any adjustments, wether it be up or down in pressure along with macro/micro adjustments just drops fps. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction or am I “pushing rope”? Thank you in advance.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have the FX Dynamic 700mm in .357. To keep it short I’m looking to shoot a 145 ish grain slug and reach 900 to 950 fps. As of now after replacing the stock hammer weight with the 8mm hammer weight I’ve found myself at 170 bar on the regulator, macro/micro maxed out and shooting 830fps. Any adjustments, wether it be up or down in pressure along with macro/micro adjustments just drops fps. Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction or am I “pushing rope”? Thank you in advance.
Will report back on that asap.
Ok after some testing this morning here’s what I have. Pressure down to 160 with no other changes speed drops from 830 to 820 fps. Pressure set at 165 bar puts it at 832-834 fps which is obviously slightly faster than the 830 at 170 bar so that’s the sweet spot so far. The difference in air consumption from 165 to 170 bar is pretty big. Unless I’m missing something this seems to be what this gun can do.

I don't think that velocity will happen without some modifications. I was looking into the same model FX you have as a possible hunting/distance shooter here in Texas, specifically because of this video:

Around the 15:50 mark he tests some 160 NSA slugs and gets around 820-830 FPS, BUT he has a custom 800mm barrel supplied by FX which attributed to additional velocity (which is mainly what the video is about, definitely interesting).

Anyhow, I'm also interested in how you're enjoying the Dynamic?

I don't think that velocity will happen without some modifications. I was looking into the same model FX you have as a possible hunting/distance shooter here in Texas, specifically because of this video:

Around the 15:50 mark he tests some 160 NSA slugs and gets around 820-830 FPS, BUT he has a custom 800mm barrel supplied by FX which attributed to additional velocity (which is mainly what the video is about, definitely interesting).

Anyhow, I'm also interested in how you're enjoying the Dynamic?
Other than wanting it to be something it’s not I absolutely love it. It’s a tack driver with nsa 93 gr. Slugs. Fun target shooting and small game hunting.

Ok after some testing this morning here’s what I have. Pressure down to 160 with no other changes speed drops from 830 to 820 fps. Pressure set at 165 bar puts it at 832-834 fps which is obviously slightly faster than the 830 at 170 bar so that’s the sweet spot so far. The difference in air consumption from 165 to 170 bar is pretty big. Unless I’m missing something this seems to be what this gun can do.
Thats not bad at all. Honestly it cant reach 900 with that grain weight I bet. Its intended to launch fairly light 357 ammo. I feel like it falls short in the hunting category. I like to think 357 is meant to be a clear hunting caliber thats able to go deer size down to raccoon but frankly I wouldnt hunt a deer with the dynamic in 35. It could do a vital or headshot but I deem it the wrong tool. Coyote sure!