• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Fx dynamic expres 700 cal .25 And talking about hammer weight

The way I am now a 54.5 runs 988

have you shot anything heavier how many shots are you getting,what’s your air setup?
I did shoot 60g Rifle brand slugs, 60g, 64gn and 68gn Javelins. The 68s were shooting around 890 ish, but the gun was tuned differently at the time. I didn't chrono the 60 and 64gn slugs... I'm running a 580 in front, and the 480 stock bottle in back. I haven't really counted shots before filling but I get a lot. I'm usually right next to the compressor, so I top it up maybe every 5 or 6 mags, but I'm never near falling off the reg at the time...
I've put a lot of different slugs through this so far, shot up all the 56s earlier... 😂

IMG20230812172020.jpg

IMG20230822232200.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered a 8mm thinking my My .30 came with a 6 and it had a 8mm in it from fx. I was surprised when I pulled it to install the “new“ one bought gun last month from Utah air, they told me on the phone it had the 6 from the factory
Mine might have the 8mm in it too then, I called FX and asked them and they said the 30 came with 6mm stock, but I haven't checked. Maybe I was misinformed too...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, i’m going to tinker some more and see if i can squeeze any more out of it If not i’m going to throw the tungsten in. I have several valve pins and valve pin cups on standby
As an fyi, I chrono'd the .300 68s, not the .301s, I did shoot some 301s through it though and it didn't even change the point of impact, it felt exactly the same.

Hammer is not maxed now but if I go up on reg and increase hammer I gain no more speed. I do have the 8mm hammer installed
look. the function of PCP airguns is that the hammer acts on the stem valve. with greater pressure in the regulator, the pressure on the stem valve also increases, so you need more hammer weight or a stronger hammer spring. so with a higher regulator pressure you don't need as much air for a shot as with a lower regulator pressure.
thanks to this, you can reach higher pressure and a higher shot speed with lower air consumption

it is best to find the ideal gun setting for each bullet weight. in general, the heavier the bullet, the more pressure or more air you need for the shot.
I showed here that I made a hammer with a weight of 14.3 grams, but after trying it I found out that it was already too much, so I reduced it to 13.6 grams and now it is ideal for the function of the 180bar regulator. Tungsten hammer is twice as heavy, so it is certain to destroy the stem valve and it is unnecessary.

my gun really liked the hybrids i just wanted more punch, best groups other than the avs .3013s
I saw FX posted a Materclass a few days ago on the Panthera disassembly. If you look around the 18 minute mark, Ernst mentions paying attention to the delrin on the valve pin, and that if it comes loose from the stainless is will cause low velocity. I know you had the valve pin out already to replace it. It might be worth taking a close look at that pin and see if there is an issue with it. Also, if you have a bore scope, maybe take a look down the barrel and look at the transfer port alignment and make sure it's aligned properly...

I did shoot 60g Rifle brand slugs, 60g, 64gn and 68gn Javelins. The 68s were shooting around 890 ish, but the gun was tuned differently at the time. I didn't chrono the 60 and 64gn slugs... I'm running a 580 in front, and the 480 stock bottle in back. I haven't really counted shots before filling but I get a lot. I'm usually right next to the compressor, so I top it up maybe every 5 or 6 mags, but I'm never near falling off the reg at the time...
I've put a lot of different slugs through this so far, shot up all the 56s earlier... 😂

View attachment 382892

View attachment 382895
after reading everything you write, I can only silently envy the number of shots you have with your dynamic. I'm happy that the 480+500cc can last me 36 shots per fill in my cal .25 setting and I shoot 55.5 grain 283ms / 60 grain 278ms.
I would like to get to about 45-50 shots

after reading everything you write, I can only silently envy the number of shots you have with your dynamic. I'm happy that the 480+500cc can last me 36 shots per fill in my cal .25 setting and I shoot 55.5 grain 283ms / 60 grain 278ms.
I would like to get to about 45-50 shots
55 and 60 gn slugs are pretty heavy per caliber for a 25, if you shoot in the 30 to 40 gn range you would definitely get better shot counts...

55 and 60 gn slugs are pretty heavy per caliber for a 25, if you shoot in the 30 to 40 gn range you would definitely get better shot counts...
yes, I know this, but the performance is weak and the range too. now I have ideal performance for long range shooting with 60 grain Altaros Queen slugs I have 153 Joules at the muzzle and 118 Joules at 250m on impact. the drop of the bullet is also ideal and it allows me to shoot at 500m as well. whereas with a 40 grain slug it has insane power and velocity losses at long distances.

yes, I know this, but the performance is weak and the range too. now I have ideal performance for long range shooting with 60 grain Altaros Queen slugs I have 153 Joules at the muzzle and 118 Joules at 250m on impact. the drop of the bullet is also ideal and it allows me to shoot at 500m as well. whereas with a 40 grain slug it has insane power and velocity losses at long distances.
Maybe consider a rebarrel down the road for 30 cal... There is more surface area for the air to work on in a 30 for those weights, so it's more efficient, although the bc would be better in a 25 for the same slug weight. A 60 gn .25 must be a looonnnnggg slug 😂

Maybe consider a rebarrel down the road for 30 cal... There is more surface area for the air to work on in a 30 for those weights, so it's more efficient, although the bc would be better in a 25 for the same slug weight. A 60 gn .25 must be a looonnnnggg slug 😂
the problem is the legislation in the Czech Republic. I can only use a maximum of 6.35 cal.
as for the bullet and its length, it normally fits in my magazine and still has clearance inside. exactly it is 12.9mm with a 60 grain slug

the problem is the legislation in the Czech Republic. I can only use a maximum of 6.35 cal.
as for the bullet and its length, it normally fits in my magazine and still has clearance inside. exactly it is 12.9mm with a 60 grain slug
I'm happy I'm in the US, a lot of the international airgun regulations really stink. I think I saw that Germany was limited to 5 or 6 ft lbs.

I'm happy I'm in the US, a lot of the international airgun regulations really stink. I think I saw that Germany was limited to 5 or 6 ft lbs.
I can also buy .30, 35, .50, etc., but I only have to shoot with them at the shooting range, and there are quite a few of them here, and mainly only at a short distance. they also have to register with the police.
up to caliber 6.35 I can shoot with them at home in the garden or anywhere else where I will not endanger anyone.