FX FX Dynamic 600 tuning question

Hi Everyone,

I’m new to PCPs and just received my FX dynamic 600 in .30 Cal yesterday. I am trying to tune it to shoot 70 grain Eviscerators. I adjusted the regulator pressure, following the directions in the manual, I went from 110 to 120 to 130 but the velocity of the slug was reduced tho higher I went. I then slowly adjusted the reg pressure down to 100 and the velocity was increased. Is that normal? My assumption was that increasing the regulator pressure would increase the velocity of the slug. I kept the macro wheel at 13 and didn’t touch the micro. Micro is set at 3.

If anyone can help explain if this is correct and it is indeed normal or if I did something wrong I’d really appreciate it.

Before starting I read the manual and watched a number of tuning videos. The manual I received with the gun was for the “Panthers & Others”

Thanks in advance,

Farmer B

Yep, got to adjust the hammer heavier as you take the reg up. What you saw was too much plenum pressure for the hammer. The hammer setting couldn’t hit the valve hard enough to open it more against the added pressure.

Think of it like this. Drive a nail into pine with a 16oz hammer. 3 or 4 wacks and it’s in. Same hammer same nail on oak, you won’t drive it as far with one swing as the pine. So it’s going to take 15 wacks to get the nail in. Solution, swing the hammer harder. Or get a bigger hammer. This is what you are seeing in the rifle.

Reactions: Farmerb
Just to be clear, you don’t need a Tungsten hammer! Set your reg at 130, click the macro up one or two clicks at a time until you reach desired speed. At some point speed will plateau and you want to use a speed just below the plateau. If it’s not enough speed at 130 bar, increase the reg pressure and start clicking up again. Or if it’s too high, move down in pressure and macro. Goal is to find a reg pressure where the speed you’re looking for is just below the max speed the hammer can produce.

I’ll give that a try. I experimented with it a bit last night after reading everyone’s suggestions. I turned the reg pressure up to 120 bar and turned the macro wheel up to 20. I got a similar result as I did in the beginning, velocity dropped off a cliff. So far the fastest speeds I can get with the 70 grain is right around 805fps and 100FPE. My current tune is:

Reg pressure: 105 bar
Macro wheel: 22
Micro: 3

This gives me about 45-50 shots at 800fps, 100fpe with a standard deviation of 5. At 100 yards it I’m getting 3” groups at 100 yards. Groups might get tighter if I’m not compulsively tinkering around at midnight and shooting with a flashlight on the bench.

Does this seem like about a sensible tune? Is there a way to get more power out of it? I saw in a Fx video that the 600 dynamic comes with a larger hammer and it wasn’t recommended to us a tungsten hammer it.

All thoughts welcome and appreciated

Just to be clear, you don’t need a Tungsten hammer! Set your reg at 130, click the macro up one or two clicks at a time until you reach desired speed. At some point speed will plateau and you want to use a speed just below the plateau. If it’s not enough speed at 130 bar, increase the reg pressure and start clicking up again. Or if it’s too high, move down in pressure and macro. Goal is to find a reg pressure where the speed you’re looking for is just below the max speed the hammer can produce.
Thank you!!!! At one time FX cautioned against using the tungsten hammer in the Panthera. Maybe they have beefed up the valve pin since, but tuning and a basic understanding of the relationship between the plenum pressure, valve and hammer will get you further down the road.

Thank you!!!! At one time FX cautioned against using the tungsten hammer in the Panthera. Maybe they have beefed up the valve pin since, but tuning and a basic understanding of the relationship between the plenum pressure, valve and hammer will get you further down the road.
From what I can tell
this was incredibly helpful. After a few frustrating days I figured out that the set screw on the micro adjuster wasn’t set and was slipping and then catching randomly. I got it tightened up and the gun came alive. Not sure if I set it in the exact spot it should be but I’m starting to see accuracy and a decent shot count. Thanks again for your help!

Reactions: AKairgunner907