FX FX Dynamic 1st shot low 2nd shot normal.

I have a dynamic .25cal 700mm and when I chamber the 1st shot the speed is low but the next shot speed is normal.
I suspect a leak somewhere in the chamber area but a soap test did not show any leaks.
Anyone else have this issue ?
I was having the same problem with my M3 .25 cal. I eliminated the first reg. and set the second reg to 115 and it's shooting the JSB 33.95 MK 2's at 900 fps. with no more low first shots.....I have been deer hunting since the season opened here and have not shot the M3 for a couple months, I took it out the case a couple days ago and shot it at 50 yards, the first shot was dead center.

Your rifle is new and probably just needs to be shot a lot to get the reg. to settle in....I would at least get a couple of tins thru it before I would worry about it...

Reactions: qball
More likely reg creep. They do take a while to settle and you can break them in by dry firing. The effects of creep are mitigated by tuning close to the peak speed of the reg pressure. Turning the micro down may be going in the wrong direction, increasing the propensity of creep to modulate velocity. Click up progressively to find peak speed at the current reg pressure and if that speed is suitable, click down to 98% of that speed and you’re set. More often than not however, factory tunes are out of whack with a customers desires (even if they’re specified in advance 😩) and if the peak speed is too high, you need to drop the pressure until you find a value that gives your desired speed at 98% of the maximum speed for the given reg pressure. Tuning in this manner (often termed the knee of the power curve) mitigates the impact of reg creep on velocity.