FX Fx drs

I have both rifles and it doesn't look like an easy thing to do.
20240330_082131.jpg

Yes it looks like it would be quite a under taking.Thanks for sharing and putting the two side by side.
I know Matt Dubber said they used a chassis for the Remington 700 but I can't see how ? ? ?
The front action screw on the 700 is by the recoil lug and back screw is by the safety.
VS the DRS action screws that are in the front and rear of the trigger guard.

I know Matt Dubber said they used a chassis for the Remington 700 but I can't see how ? ? ?
The front action screw on the 700 is by the recoil lug and back screw is by the safety.
VS the DRS action screws that are in the front and rear of the trigger guard.
Maybe he meant that was the base they started with and modified from there to make it work for the DRS?

Making the DRS or any other rifle fit in a Bolt action stock made for the Remington 700 is going to require a lot of modification to the action and barrel channel. It can be mocked up but just isn’t practical. I just stocked my DRS 600 in wood and copied the grip from my GRS Dreamline. It was the easiest inletting job I have ever done. All the lines of the inletting are straight with no tapper in the action or barrel. I set the wood up in my vertical mill and inlet the whole thing with a 1/2” and a 1/8” bit In less than two hours. I have another 6 hours shaping the blank mostly with power tools and different rasps. It is in the final sanding stage now so another half day I will have it all done. It is coming out really nice. The DRS platform really shines in a wood stock. My wood stock which is soft curly maple is only 2 pounds heavier than the synthetic stock. There isn’t really a noticeable difference of the gun in hand between the two. The DRS barrel is so light so most of the weight is in the rear half of the gun. This is just opposite of a typical PB deer rifle with a heavy steel barrel. Everyone is raving about how light the DRS is and how nice a hunting gun it will make. But not me . I personally like a slightly barrel heavy gun for offhand shooting which comes in to play in hunting scenario when a rest isn’t available. I have been shooting my DRS offhand and I simply can not shoot it as well as most of my other guns especially my PB guns. It’s too light . So I’m going to be adding weight in the barrel channel of the stock to replicate what I am used too. it might wind up a 8 or 9 pound gun. It looks like a typical bull barrel PB rifle , it might benefit to feel like one too. i know others will have different opinions. I dont have a picture of the stock at it latest stage so I will post one next week when it’s finished. I think you will see what I’m talking about.

Reactions: Impact701