FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

I'm surprised that no one has tried to fit this into some type existing Remington 700 stock. Even if it is a wood stock? Dunno I don't have enough knowledge of powdered burners.

I was at bass pros last week saw this and 🤔

20240403_184328.jpg

Allen

Reactions: Impact701
Hi everyone, a question, I saw a video of an FX YouTube guru who dismantled the tank of the DRS 700 and the liner was different than usual, much bigger. Did fx make a new liner? Do you know what diameter the new liners have?
This is the drs liner, isn't a normal heavy liner...
Thanks

View attachment 456251
It was mentioned in one of his videos that that fx was making a solid steel housing not available to public yet. I think it was here?

Allen

Reactions: carpmaster
Well you will be surprised how little we pea shooters actually need,even FAC pea shooters.
When i first got my Vulcan 3 it came with,,,,,,, Eeee i cant say assembled wrong, it was assembled wrong and then also made wrong so not something AGN could weasel out off easy, i firmly believe they knew this at the factory and just went along with it.
So yeah while i like my Vulcan 3 i am in no hurry to get another AGN rifleCUZ that thing, not really something i or others should ever see.

Anyways the result was there was 0 plenum in it, or at the MAX the 3-4 CC there might be in the hole in the end " cap )
Anyway i shot it several times before i saw that and the rifle actually shot pretty good, though i might only have shot pellets.
Anyway going from that 0 plenum or damn close, to the 90 CC or whatever the Vulcan 3 have in small plenum setup, absolutely no change in performance..

I am a bit sad even the rail to put on top of the dove tail rail is a extra, IMO something like that should come with the rifle.
Okay maybe most of us addicts have both dovetail and other scope rings ready at hand, but that's just us.
The vulcan 3 is very powerful on paper, is it not actually powerfull?
I skimmed through again, and read your first comment, I must have missed it the first time. My first perusal of this announcement discussion left me with the general sense that everybody was a wanting oodles more power.

But yep yep, 27-34fpe in a .22 is still on the somewhat low end of power, as I rate them. But it's also a pretty saturated market. For years most .22 PCPs were right there.

Most of my PCPs are set up for AAfTA, so just shy of 20fpe. My first <12fpe PCP came after numerous 18-19fpe guns and made lots of smiles.

Realistically, even in the US where power is not regulated by the powers that be, tons of airgunners are living in a subdivision with 30 yards in the back yard. Ie, <12 fpe is what would actually be most appropriate for MANY of us.
I read of guys loading up to go shoot at the range and just feel sad for them. If shooting airguns as a hobby (not competition) meant I was loading up to go to a range, I'd find a different hobby.

So I feel there's a market for decent <12 fpe airguns, even in the US, so long as guys can quit their 🥒 measuring, when it comes to how much fpe their new toy is producing.
.22 slugs only go up to 40 grain. And the Matt rubber video shows them shooting 40 grains at almost 1,000fps. The question is can we trust that video?