FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

I like this. Yes, it's kinda like my Daystate Revere which I like very much, but since it's so close in design, I doubt it I will buy one. I have all the high caliber, high power, fully adjustable guns and have spent way too much money trying to stuff slugs down the tube at PB power levels. When I'm sick of that, I drag out one of my .177 rifles, either 12 or 20 fpe and just have fun shooting. They are extremely accurate and a joy to shoot. It tickles me to read these comments. The first thing said is longer barrel, more power, upgrade, upgrade. Enough of that. My only criticism is that the picatinny rail is optional-it should be standard.

Reactions: Greenarrow
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE !

View attachment 427359View attachment 427360View attachment 427361View attachment 427362

Introducing the FX DRS Sub12! The airgun we all dreamed of becoming reality!

Immerse yourself in an amazing shooting experience with the FX DRS. Designed with precision for the most demanding shooters, it seamlessly combines simplicity and sophistication, setting a new standard for high-end airguns.

Say goodbye to conventional air tank designs! The FX DRS stands out with its sleek and minimalistic appearance, generating the look of a classic rifle. Yet, it retains all the essential features you've come to expect from a modern high-end airgun, delivering performance and style in one.

If that isn’t getting you excited the FX DRS has more to offer!

The FX DRS changing the way we look at airguns forever.
I thing the SPA M30 did this first :)

Reactions: BSJ
Imagine having 1 platform, with modular plentums, reservoirs, and barrels, that allow "options"of going from sub-12 in .177, up to 100FPE in .35.
Im not suggesting thats going to be the case, here, but it certainly looks like it MAY at least be a possibility, for the first time ever.
The Shot Show should provide us with more information, very soon.

Reactions: qball
Imagine having 1 platform, with modular plentums, reservoirs, and barrels, that allow "options"of going from sub-12 in .177, up to 100FPE in .35.
Im not suggesting thats going to be the case, here, but it certainly looks like it MAY at least be a possibility, for the first time ever.
Oh see, that is where my problem is.

I want crank up my low power gun for specific tasks.
I keep proving to myself that is not practical. But the thought of one that can do it all never leaves me.

Reactions: Airgun Al

I’m thinking this is more on the medium to lower power platform with limited air around the barrel or without a bottle. Not saying they won’t come out with a bottle adapter to add a bottle too because that’s what a Panthera/dynamic/king is.

Impact can go from 12-150 FPE but very complex mechanisms to achieve that, think many people will like this platform where a few internal parts get swapped to change power and caliber. If implemented how I think they will this could be a very consistent and simple platform and gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun Al
No offense meant, but...
How far do you think you ‘ll get with those 15.89 grains on a 200 cc breathing volume and a mere 4cc plenum...
Also...given any thought about the harmonics-shift at around 40 joules ? I m suspecting there's a reason this DRS is sent into the world with a label on it of 'sub12 hunting gun'.

Guess sub12 Britain is now going wild : “Axelsson at last thinking of us ! . . .At last …! … All hail and glory be to you, FX, finally a sub12 made just for us islanders." :sneaky:
Come and see next episode on YT… how Giles from AirgunGearShow manages his FX marketing like a drooling foodie fully recommending this sub12 DRS to his fellow countrymen. :D

All kidding aside… it's a nice classic looker. Really is.
But I do have a consideration or two.

First of it being that I strongly suspect this low power limited pcp will be as much of a 'thrill' to most of the US shooters, as it is to me: hardly.
The Brits however... Even now already great enthusiasm on British fora.
Just guessing that Axelsson Sr. might well have thought : 'If Daystate with their BRK Ghost so much likes to try and come fishing in my Impact-lake, then I see no reason whatsoever for me not to go fishing in their sub12 UK-pond.

A second reservation might just be that i remain curious about how accurate that DRS will behave once hunters take it outside, into the cold of winter... I m suspecting temperature shift of the air around the barrel will influence the way the barrel vibrates, both in cold and warm weather circumstances. From that point on it remains to be seen to what degree POI is affected.
Was also wondering how the air tube would affect harmonics. Particularly in weather extremes, winter and summer? Looking forward to user reviews…

TBH i dont think you can go "cannon" caliber with this rather small platform, i think like other brands FX will be better off making another rifle meant for the big stuff.
CUZ trying to make a 1 size fit all, that never really work good.

So i say keep these little ones, and go FAC with them as the MAX, and then do something else for .25 and .30, and finally something for the to me silly "cannon " calibers

FX already make things that can push .25 and .30 real good as far as i know as a outsider to these calibers, but of course the insane big stuff they have not done yet, and question is if they will ever bother.

Will be damn hard to make a air rifle that look like a nice traditional 700 nitro express anyway, you simply need too much air to even have just 2-3 shots in something that big, so you enevitably end with abominations like some AEA rifles and so on.

So i say make nice looking & shooting rifles in the small calibers CUZ that is actually possible, make shooting machines in the small to middle calibers, and what ever you like in the man portable pneumatic cannon class.

Last edited:
TBH i dont think you can go "cannon" caliber with this rather small platform, i think like other brands FX will be better off making another rifle meant for the big stuff.
CUZ trying to make a 1 size fit all, that never really work good.

So i say keep these little ones, and go FAC with them as the MAX, and then do something else for .25 and .30, and finally something for the to me silly "cannon " calibers

FX already make things that can push .25 and .30 real good as far as i know as a outsider to these calibers, but of course the insane big stuff they have not done yet, and question is if they will ever bother.

Will be damn hard to make a air rifle that look like a nice traditional 700 nitro express anyway, you simply need too much air to even have just 2-3 shots in something that big, so you enevitably end with abominations like some AEA rifles and so on.

So i say make nice looking & shooting rifles in the small calibers CUZ that is actually possible, make shooting machines in the small to middle calibers, and what ever you like in the man portable pneumatic cannon class.
We are all different!
You would probably feel different about your "silly cannon calibers" , if you ever experienced a coyote in the chicken coup issue.
.177, just isnt ethical.
coyote-1-1490034317.jpg

4 Sure the bulk of my air rifle collection if i was American would be .25 and up, though the what i call really big stuff like .45 and up well OK if i was affluent and able to go big game hunting, or had a massive zoombie problem on my property.
Then again if the latter was the case, i am sure i would reach for one of my many many many powder burners i would own.

But as it is for me tied to .177 i can still shoot all i would ever want to shoot, and that would be rats, and maybe doves or seagulls, that is if i was able to do pesting, which i am not CUZ that almost require a master degree here in this silly little country and not just a little common sense and will + a permit.
But with a 20 grain slug pushing upwards of 50 FP i am pretty sure i could put a seagull to sleep just fine at a moderate distance.

So yeah i understans some want to hunt or regulate big pests, but cant you do that with any " shooting machine " airgun like Impact ASO, do it really have to look like a decked out Parker and Hale rifle.
I think i would focus on ruggedness + accuracy in a rifle if i was out and about, not so much a drop dead good looking rifle.

Dont get me wrong i would like to be able to go hunting and have the skills associated with that, like gutting and skinning various prey, and even if i think you can now hunt a few things with a air rifle in Denmark, getting the hunting licence is all too difficult, and not really worth it when you dont even have your pwn property but is living in a 2 floor apartment in a town.

Funny thing here, your property to be able to legally hunt on it ( assuming you have the permits for that ) well your plot dont have to be more than 1/8 X 1/8 mile in size,,,,,, which i find pretty damn funny CUZ that is very small even by Danish standards.

There is deer passing my friends property CUZ one of those damn SOBs have headbutted the side of my car parked there overnight.

Lucky for them i am mellow about my measly little car, CUZ i do still have a couple of boxes of 12 gauge slugs lying around from my mischievous younger days.

Last edited:
4 Sure the bulk of my air rifle collection if i was American would be .25 and up, though the what i call really big stuff like .45 and up well OK if i was affluent and able to go big game hunting, or had a massive zoombie problem on my property.
Then again if the latter was the case, i am sure i would reach for one of my many many many powder burners i would own.

But as it is for me tied to .177 i can still shoot all i would ever want to shoot, and that would be rats, and maybe doves or seagulls, that is if i was able to do pesting, which i am not CUZ that almost require a master degree here in this silly little country and not just a little common sense and will + a permit.
But with a 20 grain slug pushing upwards of 50 FP i am pretty sure i could put a seagull to sleep just fine at a moderate distance.

So yeah i understans some want to hunt or regulate big pests, but cant you do that with any " shooting machine " airgun like Impact ASO, do it really have to look like a decked out Parker and Hale rifle.
I think i would focus on ruggedness + accuracy in a rifle if i was out and about, not so much a drop dead good looking rifle.

Dont get me wrong i would like to be able to go hunting and have the skills associated with that, like gutting and skinning various prey, and even if i think you can now hunt a few things with a air rifle in Denmark, getting the hunting licence is all too difficult, and not really worth it when you dont even have your pwn property but is living in a 2 floor apartment in a town.

Funny thing here, your property to be able to legally hunt on it ( assuming you have the permits for that ) well your plot dont have to be more than 1/8 X 1/8 mile in size,,,,,, which i find pretty damn funny CUZ that is very small even by Danish standards.

There is deer passing my friends property CUZ one of those damn SOBs have headbutted the side of my car parked there overnight.

Lucky for them i am mellow about my measly little car, CUZ i do still have a couple of boxes of 12 gauge slugs lying around from my mischievous younger days.
I suspect that living in a 2nd floor apartment building, might be your issue.
And if so, United States is no different.
Anyone shooting a sub 12, .177 in a residential area, (especially a populated, multi-family apartment building), could be very alarming, and a valid cause of concern to others.

Seems largely irrelevant to the US. I don’t know why you would buy either the 600 mm or .25 in a sub 12. Perplexing as you are already going to get a ton of shots so why bother with the extra weight as far as the 600 mm goes ?? As far as .25 I don’t know why one would choose daisy red ryder trajectory if you really wanted sub 12 🤷‍♂️?

I’m very disappointed that FX will come out with this new air rifle, when they should focus on executing the competition by introducing an electronic trigger. If fx would introduce an electronic trigger, that would impress me more than a new rifle. How difficult is it to add an electronic trigger to the FX impact m4? Something like that in my opinion would euthanize daystate. Fx has bigger mags, caliber changing kits, slug barrels, tune-ability.

well i dont shoot at home, aside for when tuning on a rifle, i could maybe cram in 10 M pistol shooting clear across living room - hallway and into kitchen, but i am not yet that trigger happy.
I am wondering how large is the sub 12 market really ? i assume it is large enough that most brands feel they can not ignore it and so cater to it.
Personally i see no harm to it, the British seem to have good old fun, but i am very glad we Danes can still have FAC, though i am very aware that the second some punks again shoot at people in public, it will probably change to sub 12 or just be banned all together by our benevolent leaders.

Also very happy my friend used his inheritance on buying that farm allowing me and hin to stretch it out VS the 15 M we was locked to back in 2012.

I’m very disappointed that FX will come out with this new air rifle, when they should focus on executing the competition by introducing an electronic trigger. If fx would introduce an electronic trigger, that would impress me more than a new rifle. How difficult is it to add an electronic trigger to the FX impact m4? Something like that in my opinion would euthanize daystate. Fx has bigger mags, caliber changing kits, slug barrels, tune-ability.
They are likely staying in their lane, daystate has all of those and a built in chronograph into their barrel. I could hardly see FX making them obsolete, and given that it would be a "brand new thing" for FX it would only drive costs higher, and make the competition much more aggressive between the two.