FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

This is an amazing time to be an airgunner - especially if you've been into PCPs since the early days like me and have gotten to watch this insane evolution over the last 25 years. It's been crazy and thoroughly enjoyable. I summed up my thoughts in a Facebook post earlier. Here is the copypasta of that post:

FX Airguns just keeps on pumping out innovation after innovation like no other airgun company in history. I can't believe this DRS is here just a year after the release of the game-changing Panthera/Dynamic. Clearly they are busy in Sweden creating insanely innovative rifles and apparently they don't even take lunch breaks or ever leave the R&D building! And it's not only the rifles, it's scopes, chronographs, rangefinders now, and accessories of all types. No other company offers even half the portfolio of insanely dope shooting products as FX does. That is a fact.
Now when you're the best at what you do, you're gonna get a few haters, and I will say it has been super entertaining watching them online today grasping at straws for things about this new platform to hate on!
🤣
🤣
🤣

Here's the thing - this is a rifle designed for competitive shooters. As a competitive shooter myself, this platform looks extremely practical for what I do. The ergonomics are there. The power is there. The form factor is there. The modularity is there. In my professional opinion, albeit admittedly without handling this rifle yet, this thing looks damn near perfect and may be just the thing to help me stay at the top of the leaderboards in 2024 and beyond.
📈

I am going to be an even greater threat once I get this in my hands. And I like being a threat to other competitors. And I like shooting rifles made by a company who is a threat to other marketplace competitors, as well. It just fits. So I suppose if I pick up a few haters along the way... I figure I must be doing something right!
😉

I think the DRS Pro in .25 caliber will be an excellent prairie dog eliminating rifle !

I really like that it looks like a firearm and not an air rifle ! ! ! !

The MDT chassis on my 17 HMR and my 204 Ruger are an awsome upgrade to both Savage rifles !

The only bad thing I have to say is I can't order one yet ! !

Hehe i tallied my piggyback a little while / a hour or so ago, in it was 1300 Dkkr, which i threw on top of the others i collected in the past months for a grand total of 10300 DKkr / 2 cents shy of 1500 USD.
In the smaller coins box, well probably also a good 1000 Dkkr, i will take that to the bank tomorrow as i need to go there anyway.
Big coins will still have to wait, i really need to hear / see these things i lust for perform, before i aim my piggy bank at my internet modem and pull its hair trigger.

Still a while up to what i was initially looking to get me, but now FX gone and made it a harder choice.

Last edited:
Okay maybe a bit more, the volume of my piggy bank ( old Hama camera bag for a HI8 camcorder ) is about 6 X 5 X 9 inches and its about "half" full of the small coins 5 - 2 - 1 Dkkr and our version of 50 and 25 cent / Ore coins ( well if you guys have such )
So probably more like 2000 Kr in there, these however will go towards new shot shed.

When the piggy bank is full its like carrying a block of steel that sice, so good its well build and have a strong handle, though for safety reasons i do not use that when it is full.
It also have 2 straps, that velcro in the picture would not be worth a damn even " half" full like now

peanuts.jpg

" Full " of the big coins ( 10 and 20 DKkr ) there is about 20.000 Dkker in there, or 2900 USD, but i never had it totally stuffed only been as far as 17.000 once, and there was room to spare,

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
This is an amazing time to be an airgunner - especially if you've been into PCPs since the early days like me and have gotten to watch this insane evolution over the last 25 years. It's been crazy and thoroughly enjoyable. I summed up my thoughts in a Facebook post earlier. Here is the copypasta of that post:

FX Airguns just keeps on pumping out innovation after innovation like no other airgun company in history. I can't believe this DRS is here just a year after the release of the game-changing Panthera/Dynamic. Clearly they are busy in Sweden creating insanely innovative rifles and apparently they don't even take lunch breaks or ever leave the R&D building! And it's not only the rifles, it's scopes, chronographs, rangefinders now, and accessories of all types. No other company offers even half the portfolio of insanely dope shooting products as FX does. That is a fact.
Now when you're the best at what you do, you're gonna get a few haters, and I will say it has been super entertaining watching them online today grasping at straws for things about this new platform to hate on!
🤣
🤣
🤣

Here's the thing - this is a rifle designed for competitive shooters. As a competitive shooter myself, this platform looks extremely practical for what I do. The ergonomics are there. The power is there. The form factor is there. The modularity is there. In my professional opinion, albeit admittedly without handling this rifle yet, this thing looks damn near perfect and may be just the thing to help me stay at the top of the leaderboards in 2024 and beyond.
📈

I am going to be an even greater threat once I get this in my hands. And I like being a threat to other competitors. And I like shooting rifles made by a company who is a threat to other marketplace competitors, as well. It just fits. So I suppose if I pick up a few haters along the way... I figure I must be doing something right!
😉
I agree with most of what you said. It seems to meet minimum power requirements for a .22 PRS rifle so when maxed out it can shoot 34 grain slugs at 980 fps. I do think MOST competitive shooters will automatically add the CF air tube and match trigger for two “necessary” upgrades, plus a couple hundo for weights. The gun doesn’t have the power to shoot 40 grain slugs over 900 fps.

I also do not think this has the power to shoot heavier (41, 43.5, 46 or 49.5 grain) 25 caliber slugs competitively. That being said most opt for .22 anyway. The gun in .22 and .25 is advertised as 72 fpe maximum.

If the gun is as advertised, strictly for PRS to get a minimum of 15 shots per fill, I wonder why it just doesn’t come weighted as 99% of shooters will weight it. Not being a hater, just pointing out facts provided by FX. At max power with standard 230 bar fill and steel air tube I’d like to know the shot count?
Looking forward to your review, please point out your upgrades added for the review. Thanks and good luck!

I agree with most of what you said. It seems to meet minimum power requirements for a .22 PRS rifle so when maxed out it can shoot 34 grain slugs at 980 fps. I do think MOST competitive shooters will automatically add the CF air tube and match trigger for two “necessary” upgrades, plus a couple hundo for weights. The gun doesn’t have the power to shoot 40 grain slugs over 900 fps.

I also do not think this has the power to shoot heavier (41, 43.5, 46 or 49.5 grain) 25 caliber slugs competitively. That being said most opt for .22 anyway. The gun in .22 and .25 is advertised as 72 fpe maximum.

If the gun is as advertised, strictly for PRS to get a minimum of 15 shots per fill, I wonder why it just doesn’t come weighted as 99% of shooters will weight it. Not being a hater, just pointing out facts provided by FX. At max power with standard 230 bar fill and steel air tube I’d like to know the shot count?
Looking forward to your review, please point out your upgrades added for the review. Thanks and good luck!
You are known for making logical points on the forum, thanks for continuing that here.

I will 100% be getting the CF version and of course adding weights, as you said. To be fair I was actually thinking (somewhat unenthusiastically) about how I'd have to buy weights for it earlier today. So, ok, you're spot on with those points. However, I recall when I started all this competing last year I was a super minimalist and ran my Panthera completely stock and had great results, which is to say that in its stock form this DRS will already be competitive, as well, and without adding any weight. In any case I can't deny it'd be nice if it came with a few of those chassis weights. Up to the user here, though, apparently.

About the power, this is what I saw. Seems like a pretty reliable source, if ya know what I mean?

1706067359050.png

For the record I am shooting 30 grain Javelins at 985 out of my Panthera, and I would consider myself pretty competitive at that 65fpe tune. So I wouldn't worry about power being an issue with the DRS - it can easily do 65+ from what I'm seeing online. Will it be more powerful than the Panthera and its giant plenum? Probably not. Will it still have way more than enough power to excel in NRL22? Absolutely.

You are known for making logical points on the forum, thanks for continuing that here.

I will 100% be getting the CF version and of course adding weights, as you said. To be fair I was actually thinking (somewhat unenthusiastically) about how I'd have to buy weights for it earlier today. So, ok, you're spot on with those points. However, I recall when I started all this competing last year I was a super minimalist and ran my Panthera completely stock and had great results, which is to say that in its stock form this DRS will already be competitive, as well, and without adding any weight. In any case I can't deny it'd be nice if it came with a few of those chassis weights. Up to the user here, though, apparently.

About the power, this is what I saw. Seems like a pretty reliable source, if ya know what I mean?

View attachment 428361

For the record I am shooting 30 grain Javelins at 985 out of my Panthera, and I would consider myself pretty competitive at that 65fpe tune. So I wouldn't worry about power being an issue with the DRS - it can easily do 65+ from what I'm seeing online. Will it be more powerful than the Panthera and its giant plenum? Probably not. Will it still have way more than enough power to excel in NRL22? Absolutely.
Good points. At your tune power will not be an issue and although I’m certain Dubs has the CF tube, 20 shots is sufficient.
I’d trust FX before Dubs, they say 72 fpe and that’s 900 fps with 40 grain. Maybe that’s what he meant? 89 fpe is just a teenie bit more than 72…. Plus, the Pro plenum is I think 65cc, less than half the plenum size of the Panthera/Dynamic, it doesn’t have the Dynamic valving, and also he’s paid good money to promote FX.
But like you said, 72 (or 65) fpe is enough to be competitive as you have proven, and 20 shots is also enough. Looking forward to see how you do at RMAC, a top ten finish would be awesome!
Lastly, will it have as much power as the dynamic block? Definitely not.

Good points. At your tune power will not be an issue and although I’m certain Dubs has the CF tube, 20 shots is sufficient.
I’d trust FX before Dubs, they say 72 fpe and that’s 900 fps with 40 grain. Maybe that’s what he meant? 89 fpe is just a teenie bit more than 72…. Plus, the Pro plenum is I think 65cc, less than half the plenum size of the Panthera/Dynamic, it doesn’t have the Dynamic valving, and also he’s paid good money to promote FX.
But like you said, 72 (or 65) fpe is enough to be competitive as you have proven, and 20 shots is also enough. Looking forward to see how you do at RMAC, a top ten finish would be awesome!
Thanks, Mike. It means a lot to have your support despite being on a different team that primarily shoots non-FX guns. I hope you crush it at RMAC in bench and everything else you partake in! All I can say is I will try my best and keep figuring this thing out as I keep going along. Either way it's all back slaps and belly laughs when we're at competitions anyway - win or lose.

Stay tuned, if I can hopefully get one of these early I will give you guys a lot of content on it, as always. ;)

Thanks, Mike. It means a lot to have your support despite being on a different team that primarily shoots non-FX guns. I hope you crush it at RMAC in bench and everything else you partake in! All I can say is I will try my best and keep figuring this thing out as I keep going along. Either way it's all back slaps and belly laughs when we're at competitions anyway - win or lose.

Stay tuned, if I can hopefully get one of these early I will give you guys a lot of content on it, as always. ;)
Thanks! One correction. My Team shoots whatever gun we choose. I shoot an FX Panthera in PRS and Long Range competitions. A Red Wolf at 100Y. A Delta Wolf at EFT. Two others shoot all FX. One shoots Thomas. One shoots Cricket. One shoots Skout and I’m thinking I might also at EFT and/or 100Y BR. Another two shoot BRK Ghost and the youngest member killed it at EBR by winning two events with his Red Wolf.
We shoot what we think gives us the best chance to win.

Thanks! One correction. My Team shoots whatever gun we choose. I shoot an FX Panthera in PRS and Long Range competitions. A Red Wolf at 100Y. A Delta Wolf at EFT. Two others shoot all FX. One shoots Thomas. One shoots Cricket. One shoots Skout and I’m thinking I might also at EFT and/or 100Y BR. Another two shoot BRK Ghost and the youngest member killed it at EBR by winning two events with his Red Wolf.
We shoot what we think gives us the best chance to win.
Apologies for not being aware. I thought most of you all shot Daystate, however I saw Gabe shooting a Panthera at RMAC and maybe someone else shooting an Impact.
Using whatever works best is a pretty good strategy, I'll say! 🙌 😁

@AirShootist since you posted right after my post about haters( weather you were referring to me or not i really don’t care) but im not really a hater of fx i just don’t think their business is doing right by the customer. Im all for their advancements but think of the guy that just spent $3000 or $4000 getting a panthera set up for comp then they see the next new gun 6 mos later and now 6 mos or so after that another! How the hell is a guy supposed to feel good about his purchase if he’s getting beet by the next latest and greatest from the same mfg every 6 months to a year? I have a m3 and its ok for what it is but ill be spending more time in the brk daystate camp just for less pain in the wallet!

@AirShootist since you posted right after my post about haters( weather you were referring to me or not i really don’t care) but im not really a hater of fx i just don’t think their business is doing right by the customer. Im all for their advancements but think of the guy that just spent $3000 or $4000 getting a panthera set up for comp then they see the next new gun 6 mos later and now 6 mos or so after that another! How the hell is a guy supposed to feel good about his purchase if he’s getting beet by the next latest and greatest from the same mfg every 6 months to a year? I have a m3 and its ok for what it is but ill be spending more time in the brk daystate camp just for less pain in the wallet!

Fx knows how to herd.