FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

Supposedly it's removable...trying to find out how easy. Hope it's a pop off/pop on aka tool-less. Imagine my MDs will ask for me to pop it out between stages for visual safety sake.

Hopefully it's a valved self-contained plenum so maybe it won't bleed out when it's removed?
Does that means degassing the gun?

Dissambly might be the best way, including the air cylinder, for flying.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Question 1: is the maximum of 72 fpe “enough”?
Question 2: what is the price with the options that will be required?

CF air tube upgrade in order to get enough air to complete a stage, match grade trigger upgrade, all the weights. Total cost for the base Pro plus all of the “required” options?

The Dubber video shows the gun with upgrades. And he says it’s good to go off the shelf but of course “upgrades” are available. “Just throw on these four weights, oh and there are some additional weights under the barrel”. For someone that doesn’t have to buy them it’s easy, but just “throwing on” $200 to $300 in additional weight adds 10% or more to the cost of the gun…

Last edited:
The MAG is sort of on putting for me, seeing as i can not have the real deal anyway.
Here in Denmark while there have been incidents with air soft weapons in public, then as i recall we do not have any of the colored top and so on rules.
But of course we do not have the gun problem like in the US, so if people here see a air soft they do not immediately go to " omg someone is going to be shot now"
Sure they will probably call the cops, but i dont think you will see a entire swat team come down on the kids, but a couple of cops might turn up say " A A that's a no - no " and then call the kids parents.
The incidents that have been here, i also things all have been related to kids just thinking the road / neighbourhood is as good a place as anyone to play air soft.
Not having excessive laws on the matter is kinda funny seeing as our benevolent leaders do like to crank half - assed laws out on just about anything.

I suppose if a LEO got his sights on this, just ask him 3 questions.
1: please remove the magazine, but be advised i have already told you this is a high pressure air rifle.
2: please tell me where the cartridges are ejected.
3: tell me why this do not smell of " gunsmoke " CUZ i can assure you i have not just cleaned it.

As mentioned by others, something i did not think about until now, i do hope that air reservoir around the barrel is removable to appease the good folks at TSA

PS: i do think the magazine are removable as PER mention of upgrades to the regular DRS sub 12 rifles. but i doubt it is tool less removable.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0ist0ne
Does that means degassing the gun?

Dissambly might be the best way, including the air cylinder, for flying.
Doesn't sound like it's easily removable 'tool-less'. I may have to wait for a future version that has a quick disconnect plenum magazine that's valved so it doesn't bleed out when removed.

Don't want to deal with all the dirty looks and explaining this over and over again at the range.

"RANGE COLD"
"I'M COLD IT JUST DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT!"

I will say this is what I was hoping the Panthera was going to be...sans magazine plenum thing.

Maybe they should anodize the pleum hot pink, no self respecting mass murder will have that, so it must be a toy. :D

Having a bleed screw on the magazine, which i kinda think it have, that will be fine with me, having it easy removable ( probably doable in some way ) and a 1 way valve, that will just be unnecessary add-ons to cost.

Well i think.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: M0ist0ne
Summer time would also be my guess, it sound like beta are over, so just need to get on with it and amass a stock pile.

It will be summer before i will be able to pull the piggy banks trigger and aiming it at a new rifle, and maybe not, my car have gobbled up quite a bit of money lately, and i have by word committed to building a new shot shed which is also not free, and i cant well go back on that word.

PS. my piggy bank,,,,,, hair trigger :) A single thought and POOF the money are gone.

Last edited:
Maybe they should anodize all magazines hot pink, no self respecting mass murder will have that, so it must be a toy. :D

Having a bleed screw on the magazine, which i kinda think it have, that will be fine with me, having it easy removable ( probably doable in some way ) and a 1 way valve, that will just be unnecessary add-ons to cost.

Well i think.
Hi, it's a plenum and we're already referring to as a magazine, no offense you. Anodized the plenum pink, doesn't mean you can't anodized a magazine pink.
Maybe if the stock completely encloses the plenum no one will get confused.

I have a lot of thoughts that I don't have time to write down now, but I'll say this. Even more than the Panthera, if you buy the Pro for something other than competition you're going to be disappointed by the value proposition. Don't buy a race car and complain the mileage sucks and the ride is uncomfortable.

I'm waiting to see how well it functions. 72fpe is right on the edge of what I need for matches. My Panthera runs at about 75. What is the shot count? While the Panthera gave us a constant pressure around the barrel with the plenum, this design will have a rapidly decreasing pressure - how will this affect POI?

More thoughts later if I find time.

I just saw Hurricane airguns in Sweden both have the PRO and the Classic .22 up, though the latter do not have any mention of muzzle energy or for that matter plenum size, the picture seem to look like the small sub 12 plenum size.
Since it do not list muzzle power yet, and it say " Classic " i am assuming these are the FAC version of the DRS

IMG_2765.jpeg

The listing while no price, do say " in store

Last edited:
I would assume with something like that, there will be spacers / baffles in the airtank that are a bit more sturdy than the O rings used in the old days.
If that have any effect on POI shifting i have no idea

I could also be tricked into thinking that with this kind of setup, at least rapid firering ( probably faster than a human can operate lever ) could induce some resonance in the air tube, of course out back a REG will kill that so it do not reach the rest back there, but a wave going back and forth in the rest might influence barrel.
Well FX straw barrel, but a sturdy LW or other barrel of more traditional manufacturing i would assume could deal with such minor things.

Anyway now my imagination is getting the best of me again, i think its best if i take a cold shower.

With these new undertakings in FX rifle design, do they still use the same barrel & barrel pipe solution or have they beefed this up, at least ditched O-rings. ??