FX - DRS press release (Pro, Classic, Sub12)

"Meaning will it be easy for other chassis builders to make their own versions of the MDT DRS chassis."

soooo willing to be wrong and way off base, but here goes:

the FX DRS Pro propaganda says the pro chassis is a MDT ACC Premier. that seems to indicate the chassis is "off the shelf." Heading over the the MDT site shows the ACC Premeier to be available for 9 different actions. MDT site also shows 9 colors for the chassis, including red! (y)

So yea, Id guess that FX is using either a modified action to fit the chassis, or an adapter. Either way seems to me that once we know what action the FX is emulating, then the other MDT chassis models (or maybe even a different chassis vendor) for that same action type "should" accept the FX mechanism......
This isn’t an off the shelf MDT Rem700 chassis. Matt’s video talks about MDT creating the chassis specifically for the rifle.

Similar to what MPA did for the RAW and Crown last year taking their most popular Rem700 chassis and creating a version for those rifles.

I don’t expect a bunch of manufacturers to jump on this. It is a special collaboration. They can do that for the most popular powder burner design in the world, but a bunch aren’t going to jump in on an ever changing air rifle model.

I emailed Aeron CZ because I love their chassis for the dreamline and sounds like they are on it! The great thing is their chassis price range is within my semi-pro budget! AND it's just slight modification for their existing chassis so we should see it hit the market relatively quickly!

Here is their email reply:
------------------
"Yes, the DRS chassis is planned in next two months. We have a DRS on the
way from the factory.

The chassis is going to be a Gen2 that is already our CZ457 chassis so
you can see the design there. Different body shape, different pistol
grip, same adjustability. There are going to be 3 version, Tactical,
Tactical folding and Sport.

Michal"
--------------------

Here is sport or what I am looking for:
1707154145460.png

Tactical looks awesome too!
1707154222423.png

OH YEAH!!!
Mak3.gif

Edit: if/when FX comes out with a DRS compact with 300mm 177 barrel I'm going to lose it! LOL

Last edited:
Well the price is out for the FX DRS PRO John from f-class John just uploaded his coverage part 3 video of shot show 2024 and he talks with Justin from Utah airguns about it and gets the PRICE!!! and it’s going to be DRUM ROLL $2,999.99 yup it’s a good price I think considering when you upgrade a fx rifle you end up spending well over that and it’s basically ready outta the box.

I heard 2999, just before the back of my head slammed into the living room table behind me, and made far too much ruckus for 03:10 AM

That will be a hard pass like quite a few other high end rifles.

BUT THX for the heads up, now i can forget this and move on.

Think 2999 is MDT with Dynamic, a dynamic value is about 1500 and the chassis is 1599 but who knows. You are welcome to join the semi-pro league with me. LOL

Well the price is out for the FX DRS PRO John from f-class John just uploaded his coverage part 3 video of shot show 2024 and he talks with Justin from Utah airguns about it and gets the PRICE!!! and it’s going to be DRUM ROLL $2,999.99 yup it’s a good price I think considering when you upgrade a fx rifle you end up spending well over that and it’s basically ready outta the box.

Called it! In the other thread about the rifle I said something around this price.

There will be bugs with the rifle right away as well, so who is going to be the first test subject for the rifle?

HOLY COW!!! $2,999 is way too pro for my wallet. Surprised though, chassis is 1599 and rifle with synthetic stock is 999 so…..there is a surcharge to buy them together?

I’m definitely happy Aeron is making a semi-pro version I can afford cause I’m always gunning for……
View attachment 432672
2999-1599= 1400 minus 999 = 401 in fx upgrades. So you get a bigger plenum, bigger tank but not the 300 bar carbon tank so you still have to upgrade for that. Well i guess you get better valving for higher power. 30 MOA Picatinny rail, higher power regulator, and 700mm barrel instead of the 500mm or 600mm What else do you get for the $401? I hope I'm missing a lot of stuff so this package seems more reasonable.

I wonder how much the carbon bottle is and what else you need to be competitive? I think since I can hide automotive stick on wheel weights inside the chassis I will do that than pay for the mdt weights.

Allen

I can not recall if it was in here or communicating with my M8, but i did say somewhere that the PRO would probably be the most expensive FX rifle.

Now there is nothing to do but hope it come in a regular FX flavor of some sort, so without that Chassis that i would not pay that price for CUZ to me its just a look thing as i would never enjoy a shooting style where it actually would have a value.

Something like the Panthera / Dynamic front end would be plenty fine for me, those just dident get me exited due to the bottles here and there, AND !!!! not least a price along the lines of those rifles too + that tacticool folding stock,,,,, yes please.

Reactions: qball
NEW PRODUCT RELEASE !

View attachment 428082View attachment 428083View attachment 428085
View attachment 428091View attachment 428092View attachment 428090View attachment 428089
View attachment 427743View attachment 427747View attachment 427746View attachment 427744View attachment 427742View attachment 427748View attachment 427745

View attachment 427359View attachment 427360View attachment 427361View attachment 427362

Introducing the FX DRS Sub12! The airgun we all dreamed of becoming reality!

Immerse yourself in an amazing shooting experience with the FX DRS. Designed with precision for the most demanding shooters, it seamlessly combines simplicity and sophistication, setting a new standard for high-end airguns.

Say goodbye to conventional air tank designs! The FX DRS stands out with its sleek and minimalistic appearance, generating the look of a classic rifle. Yet, it retains all the essential features you've come to expect from a modern high-end airgun, delivering performance and style in one.

If that isn’t getting you excited the FX DRS has more to offer!

The FX DRS changing the way we look at airguns forever.

View attachment 428084
Seems to be front heavy. Beautiful classic model.