FX FX DRS Pre-Orders?

Also , I would use the 11mm dovetail instead of adding a picatinny rail . Just adding weight and really not necessary on a moderate powered pcp . It does look cool but function before form .
I completely get what you are saying. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. But for me anyway a pic rail has almost zero to do with power but rather being able to count grooves and remove my optic if I have to and get it back where it was easily. Also the amount of Q/D mounts and rings make it just that much easier to do. If you never plan to remove the optic to say, get it into a case or do a thorough cleaning on the airgun.. then dovetail all the way. And the added 4oz 5 oz? Means nothing really.

Reactions: Headshots
I completely get what you are saying. There's a lot to be said for simplicity. But for me anyway a pic rail has almost zero to do with power but rather being able to count grooves and remove my optic if I have to and get it back where it was easily. Also the amount of Q/D mounts and rings make it just that much easier to do. If you never plan to remove the optic to say, get it into a case or do a thorough cleaning on the airgun.. then dovetail all the way. And the added 4oz 5 oz? Means nothing really.

I never had much luck holding zero when removing then mounting a scope, even with pic rail . I would always recheck zero. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if all airgun mounts were picatinny.

The 11mm rings would remove any mag clearance issues and use less hardware . Possibly with a medium height rings. I bet I have a few 3/8 rings on hand . I don't remove my scopes once it's mounted and tighten it with a wheeler torque wrench called the Fat wrench . That's just what I would do .

I bet this will be compared to the Huntsman. And the Pro will be in competition with the Panthera and Impact .

I never had much luck holding zero when removing then mounting a scope, even with pic rail . I would always recheck zero. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if all airgun mounts were picatinny.

The 11mm rings would remove any mag clearance issues and use less hardware . Possibly with a medium height rings. I bet I have a few 3/8 rings on hand . I don't remove my scopes once it's mounted and tighten it with a wheeler torque wrench called the Fat wrench . That's just what I would do .

I bet this will be compared to the Huntsman. And the Pro will be in competition with the Panthera and Impact .
I've had really great luck doing it since they started selling rifles with picatinny/weaver rails. It's not a looks thing at all or the dovetail would win. I just got done using my digi fat wrench installing a Discovery onto a pcp.. Love them. I just hope somebody gets them (DRS) in stock so the YT crowd can pour over them and at least let us see what they come with etc for sure.

No need to wait on the Youtubers!
And Utah Air told me they had received 1 batch of DRS's, and thoses were sold to pre-orders already.
The Classic comes with a dovetail.
The Pro comes with a picatinny.
Besides that, you get a stock of your choice, 1 plentum, 1 mini-magazine, a fill probe, and some lititure.
Nothing more, nothing less!
I gotta wonder who got them because there sure haven't been any reviews here and nothing new on YT other than what was posted from the UK!

Reactions: Airgun Al
If I were to ever attempt to create a masterpiece gun stock like yours, several weeks and many man-hours latter it turns out looking something like this:

View attachment 442631
Ive still got a little work to do, on my decorative Rosewood tips!
Haha! Give yourself a break. I'm fortunate to have grown up where my dad had a huge wood shop and machine shop in a dedicated building right on our property, next to our house.
He was a master! I'm lucky to have picked up a few pointers along the way.
Thanks once again for your kind words.
Hurry up DRS grade 2!!!
Have fun

I gotta wonder who got them because there sure haven't been any reviews here and nothing new on YT other than what was posted from the UK!
I spoke with Utah Air on Saturday morning.
I was told they had already just received their 1st batch.
Im not sure how many "units" they received, as I didnt ask.
Also, it will probably take 3 or 4 business days, for their customers to actually receive them via UPS or Fed X, unless the customer is local to them.
So Id expect to hear more, begining toward the end of this week.

Reactions: scottblair
Still, the normal YT suspects who usually have these new guns in hand before they are ever shipped to the regular consumers have been silent! You'd think they'd already be all over YT and the Forums if a consumer pre-order batch has already been received by a vendor! Seems odd there aren't already more reviews.

Still, the normal YT suspects who usually have these new guns in hand before they are ever shipped to the regular consumers have been silent! You'd think they'd already be all over YT and the Forums if a consumer pre-order batch has already been received by a vendor! Seems odd there aren't already more reviews.
I suspect by this time next month, we will be tired of hearing about the DRS!
ENOUGH ALREADY!

Reactions: Larryt
My first concern is that I do not have any scope rings for 11mm groves, only weaver Or picatinny and most are high mounts at that. So if the DRS classic piccatiny rail is not available I will have to figure out what height scope rings I’ll need and then order them so I can at least get to shooting the thing. But I’m a fan of picatinny rail. I have a weaver base in a drawer so I think I will drill it to match the holes in the action and at least get a scope on it. Then figure out what height rings I may need. It appears the classic synthetic stock has a slightly higher comb than the walnut. The walnut also slopes downward at the front half.

My first concern is that I do not have any scope rings for 11mm groves, only weaver Or picatinny and most are high mounts at that. So if the DRS classic piccatiny rail is not available I will have to figure out what height scope rings I’ll need and then order them so I can at least get to shooting the thing. But I’m a fan of picatinny rail. I have a weaver base in a drawer so I think I will drill it to match the holes in the action and at least get a scope on it. Then figure out what height rings I may need. It appears the classic synthetic stock has a slightly higher comb than the walnut. The walnut also slopes downward at the front half.
You can use these UTG adapters with any Picatinny/weaver rings.
I've been using them often for decades. And they are very low profile. Inexpensive too!
Have fun...

Then we can ramp up for the 250z and Stealthhawk.

That FX is nice, and seems like a good deal compared to their other models.
Im going for the FX DRS, for a number of reasons...

Im looking forward to the 250Z and Stealthhawk, but it may be a while, untill their release.
And they probably, at best, will only be 20% less expensive, compared to the DRS.

FX mentioned they have been developing the DRS , since even BEFORE the Panthera and King models.
So technology wise, FX is a few years ahead, compared to the 250Z and Stealthhawk.

Also, the 250Z and S.H., are both bolt action, where the FX has the sidelever.
But since both the 250Z and S.H. are still prototypes at this point, perhaps they will be upgraded to sidelever designs, before their final release.

Im still going to purchase the FX, because I feel that the FX will be the superior of the 3 , as far as accuracy, dependability, and value.
Even if the others are less money, I think the FX will be the better product, when its all said and done.

Reactions: genericAGuser
Im going for the FX DRS, for a number of reasons...

Im looking forward to the 250Z and Stealthhawk, but it may be a while, untill their release.
And they probably, at best, will only be 20% less expensive, compared to the DRS.

FX mentioned they have been developing the DRS , since even BEFORE the Panthera and King models.
So technology wise, FX is a few years ahead, compared to the 250Z and Stealthhawk.

Also, the 250Z and S.H., are both bolt action, where the FX has the sidelever.
But since both the 250Z and S.H. are still prototypes at this point, perhaps they will be upgraded to sidelever designs, before their final release.

Im still going to purchase the FX, because I feel that the FX will be the superior of the 3 , as far as accuracy, dependability, and value.
Even if the others are less money, I think the FX will be the better product, when its all said and done.
I'm pretty sure the 250z is a SPA snowpeak artemis M30 copy, first released in 2018. The JTS looks to be a Remington Vought copy, but who knows, that one came out last year. So neither are actually prototypes.
JTS says the Stealthhawk will hit in October. I guess I'm just excited. If someone could contact Barra and get an idea for a release date?
I won't get the FX, because I don't have a thousand dollars.
But post on yours when you can, they look cool

I'm pretty sure the 250z is a SPA snowpeak artemis M30 copy, first released in 2018. The JTS looks to be a Remington Vought copy, but who knows, that one came out last year. So neither are actually prototypes.
JTS says the Stealthhawk will hit in October. I guess I'm just excited. If someone could contact Barra and get an idea for a release date?
I won't get the FX, because I don't have a thousand dollars.
But post on yours when you can, they look cool
Im with you on the money situation!
I believe i would be slightly disapointed with a bolt action, after getting spoiled with sidelevers years ago.
Another key selling point for me with the FX is the very short length.
I have a FX Crown and numerous different barrel lengths to choose from, but the short 380mm is my favorite, 90% of the time.
There are VERY FEW traditional looking pcp rifles, that are shorter than a Crown with a 380mm, or the DRS with a 500mm barrel.
Accuracy is top priority for me, and I have faith in FX products.
My plan is to simply sit back and watch the synthetic DRS recipients , and see how well they do with reguards to accuracy.
And because I would like the deluxe walnut stock, I get to sit back and watch everyone else do accuracy testing for me, before I even pull the trigger!
If the DRS is FX accurate right out of the box, with no constant adjusting, fiddling, and tuning to be concerned with, I will be in heaven!

I'd like to get the grade 2 walnut, but after looking at the European pre-order pricing, I think I'll go with the standard walnut. I don't know that I can justify spending an extra 300ish dollars for a prettier stock right now. I hope you guys that do go with the grade 2 get some incredibly beautiful ones though.
This is where I’m starting to be also. When I preordered mine, there was no mention of a grade 1 or 2. If there was, I would have chosen a 2 and paid the extra money. But, if the gun has first shot issues or something else that makes me not like it, things would be a little more painful. On a positive note, with the wood guns being behind the plastic ones, even those of us who already committed will get to see what we’re in for when the reports start coming in.

Reactions: Frozenspyder