FX FX DRS Pre-Orders?

The end cap looks like Ebony not rosewood.
I often install decorative caps on my gun stocks. Here are two examples of Rose wood vs Ebony.

I want one of those DRS walnut with cap also.
FYI, walnut stocks CAN be lighter than composite.
Just look at the difference in weight of the Huben K1, walnuts vs composite. Walnut is 6-8 oz lighter!
Have fun
View attachment 442272View attachment 442274
Beautiful craftsmanship there Scott!
Nice job!

Man, if i could get free, Grade 2 walnut stocks for the price of regular walnut, Id pre-order with Tom, ..... IMMEDIANTLY!
Id pre-order 2 or 3 of them, as fast as I could get my wallet out!
But since thats not the case, I will just continue to sit on the sidelines, while everyone else enjoys, and test out the new platform for me.
Im in no hurry.
What did he say about your free picatinny scope rail?
If you look back at the release of the gun topic, that was January 21st. At that time, reading the product description, I knew it came with a dovetail. But nowhere was there a mention of two walnut stocks. I ordered mine on the 25th and the gun shown was a walnut with a black tip. On February 24th, a month later, a video from the British shot show is posted and that’s the first I hear about a plain Jane walnut stock. Go to the FX site and see if there is any mention of the plain Jane. There is not. Just says two stunning options, a soft touch plastic and a timeless Minelli. And no pictures of a plain Jane. I don’t care what it costs, I’m not in this hobby for bargains. Just don’t show me something so I buy it then send me something else.

Reactions: tibor
I thought this DRS action has the wider opening for the longer ammo magazine like the Panthara And King. If that is so then the older magazines will not work. Am I wrong? Im going back and watching all the videos again.
I asked this question of one of the UK YTer's who did the videos of the UK show. He said he checked with FX and confirmed the Crown/Maverick/Dreamline magazines fit, but not with the Picatinny Rail accessory. The smaller magazine that comes with the DRS has 2 different covers, one for pellets and then another that will allow for longer slugs.

Last edited:
Did someone say the action was the same as the Dreamline? I tried scanning but got dizzy,,,😵‍💫
When you watch it in the videos, the geometry looks to be the same as the Dreamline. It's a longer throw, but it's also easier and lighter to cock than say the Crown. I really like the action of the Dreamline, so I'm hoping it is the same. The parts breakdown also shows the part for the cooking lever as being Part# 20065, Sidelever, Dreamline. There seem to be a lot of parts borrowed from other FX models!

Reactions: MACTEN
I would be fine with the smaller magazine for hunting. And nice that it would fit the Mav as well . I haven't seen any options for different grade stocks from retailers. That picatinny rail could cost 50 bucks or more, but you can find them on Amazon for around 20 bucks. Might have to get creative where the magazine sits. The first batch might be assembled with more care than after the flood gates open .

• Wow
Reactions: L.Leon
I asked this question of one of the UK YTer's who did the videos of the UK show. He said he checked with FX and confirmed the Crown/Maverick/Dreamline magazines fit, but not with the Picatinny Rail accessory. The smaller magazine that comes with the DRS has 2 different covers, one for pellets and then another that will allow for longer slugs.
Thanks for clearing that up. Now I wonder if the venders will have preorders for the accessories?

Reactions: Impact701
The only place I've seen the accessories listed was a picture someone here posted from a vendor in Spain. They had quite a few of the accessories listed, but the prices were Euros... Or Pesos, I don't remember which, but I don't think they use Pesos anymore... You would think UA would since they are now the U.S. Service Center for FX, but they don't even offer an option for the wood stock...

Reactions: Impact701
If you look back at the release of the gun topic, that was January 21st. At that time, reading the product description, I knew it came with a dovetail. But nowhere was there a mention of two walnut stocks. I ordered mine on the 25th and the gun shown was a walnut with a black tip. On February 24th, a month later, a video from the British shot show is posted and that’s the first I hear about a plain Jane walnut stock. Go to the FX site and see if there is any mention of the plain Jane. There is not. Just says two stunning options, a soft touch plastic and a timeless Minelli. And no pictures of a plain Jane. I don’t care what it costs, I’m not in this hobby for bargains. Just don’t show me something so I buy it then send me something else.
Thats great to hear, that there was no false advertising after all.
Just false accusations against what seems to be a great, solid company.
I will probably order one from them, but in the Grade 2 walnut, once they begin to get those in stock.

Thats great to hear, that there was no false advertising after all.
Just false accusations against what seems to be a great, solid company.
I will probably order one from them, but in the Grade 2 walnut, once they begin to get those in stock.
Here’s a link for you. Given the choices they show, what gun do you think you would get if you ordered a walnut. Especially a month ago. https://fxairguns.com/rifles/drs/

Reactions: WoodWelder
Scott,
If you had to take a guess....
How many hours are invested into crafting a beautiful, one off, custom stock like you have created there?
It took me about 9 man-hours start to finish for the Huben stock with two decorative caps.
6-10 hrs is pretty typical for my refinish projects, depending on details.
Thanks again.

Here’s a link for you. Given the choices they show, what gun do you think you would get if you ordered a walnut. Especially a month ago. https://fxairguns.com/rifles/drs/
The link you provided to the FX website, says they offer 4 different stock options:

1. Minelli Walnut Standard
2. Minelli Walnut Grade 2 with Rosewood tip
3. Synthetic with Soft-touch surface,
4. MDT ACC Elite Chassis w/ Premier Buttstock

So if I ordered a walnut stock, I would expect to receive the one titled as "Minelli Walnut Standard".

I would NOT expect to receive the Minelli Walnut Grade 2 with Rosewood tip, Synthetic with Soft-touch surface, or the MDT ACC Elite Chassis w/ Premier Buttstock.

I believe your going to be very disapointed if you expect a free Grade 2 walnut stock with Rosewood Tip, and a free Picatinny rail, as you suggested earlier!

Seems pretty clear to me, and I see no false advertising as you suggested earlier....only your false accusation against what seems to be a very solid, and reliable dealer.

It took me about 9 man-hours start to finish for the Huben stock with two decorative caps.
6-10 hrs is pretty typical for my refinish projects, depending on details.
Thanks again.
If I were to ever attempt to create a masterpiece gun stock like yours, several weeks and many man-hours latter it turns out looking something like this:

IMG_4690.JPG

Ive still got a little work to do, on my decorative Rosewood tips!

The link you provided to the FX website, says they offer 4 different stock options:

So if I ordered a walnut stock, I would expect to receive the one titled as "Minelli Walnut Standard".

I would NOT expect to receive the Minelli Walnut Grade 2 with Rosewood tip, Synthetic with Soft-touch surface, or the MDT ACC Elite Chassis w/ Premier Buttstock.

I believe your going to be very disapointed if you expect a free Grade 2 walnut stock with Rosewood Tip, and a free Picatinny rail, as you suggested earlier!

Seems pretty clear to me, and I see no false advertising as you suggested earlier....only your false accusation against what seems to be a very solid, and reliable dealer.

Ya, you really need to read the fine print. Its shown with optional picatinny rail , scope , rings and a upgraded walnut stock . I bet the standard walnut stock looks nice as well. I'm interested in finding out what it looks like because that's the same model I would order. I would also like to know what the grade 2 walnut stock and picatinny rail would cost .

Aaah, I see what they’ve added further down in the actual specs. No biggie. I’ll pay the extra money. Hopefully he gets some grade 2’s. This info wasn’t available when I ordered mine. Thanks.