FX FX DRS Pre-Orders?

I ordered a Classic walnut from HPP on 1/25. I still have concerns that the walnut gun pictured on the HPP website might not be the one that I will receive. There is already some false advertising going on with the gun because they show all of them with a pic scope rail. Hopefully there will be some updates on how far behind the walnut guns are behind the plastic ones soon. I never ordered a gun from HPP but I’ve heard good things so we will see how this goes.
myhighpressureair.com ?
Same place?

I hope your not setting yourself up for disapointment.
On this web site, I dont even see a option yet, for ordering a Grade 2 stock, .... only the regular walnut.
Also it clearly states that it comes out of the box with a 11mm dovetail rail, with the OPTION for a Picatinny rail.

From what I understand and remember, someone (FX,UA, ???) mentioned long ago on youtube, that the DRS would be released in the following order:
1. Synthetic
2. Pro version
3. Last but not least, the nice, Grade 2 walnut version.

Personally, Id like to purchase a walnut or Grade 2 walnut version myself, but I dont expect to see them arrive in the United States, until after the Pro versions, which could be several more months for all I know.

Not sure if this is the same place as HPP, but here is a quote from the myhighpressureair.com web site:

"The FX DRS Classic comes out of the box with a smooth side lever action, a high-capacity magazine refined for larger projectiles, the flexibilty to tailor the trigger for your exact preference and a 11mm dovetail rail. Upgrade otions will be avaible and will include a match grade trigger, picatinny rails, plenums, barrel lenght ect.".

Yes, that is the same place, their URL is myhighpressureair.com, the the name of the store is High Pressure Pneumatics (HPP). My understanding of the walnut stock is they will look the same with regards to the different color end on the forearm, checkering,, etc, the different with the Grade 2 is the wood grain pattern. The Grade 2 will probably have much more character where the standard will probably have a straighter grain. But, we probably won't know this for sure until they start to arrive.

I wanted the walnut stock (standard grade), but I already have a few air rifles with nice wood stocks and I'm always worried about nicks and scuffs just taking them in and out of the safe. I also don't take them outside much for the same reason. Thus I opted for the synthetic stock, figuring I can always purchase the wood stock later if I really want one. I'm also wondering if places like Boyds and other after market stock manufacturers might start producing stocks for this line since they are much closer to a regular PB rife. I might be easy enough to adapt a PB stock to fit the DRS than it would be for a regular air rifle with a tube or bottle under the barrel.

Reactions: Airgun Al
Yes, that is the same place, their URL is myhighpressureair.com, the the name of the store is High Pressure Pneumatics (HPP). My understanding of the walnut stock is they will look the same with regards to the different color end on the forearm, checkering,, etc, the different with the Grade 2 is the wood grain pattern. The Grade 2 will probably have much more character where the standard will probably have a straighter grain. But, we probably won't know this for sure until they start to arrive.

I wanted the walnut stock (standard grade), but I already have a few air rifles with nice wood stocks and I'm always worried about nicks and scuffs just taking them in and out of the safe. I also don't take them outside much for the same reason. Thus I opted for the synthetic stock, figuring I can always purchase the wood stock later if I really want one. I'm also wondering if places like Boyds and other after market stock manufacturers might start producing stocks for this line since they are much closer to a regular PB rife. I might be easy enough to adapt a PB stock to fit the DRS than it would be for a regular air rifle with a tube or bottle under the barrel.
Your right about the durability of synthetic.
A lot lighter too, which is the whole concept of this particular FX model!
I like them all, but I really like the forend on the Grade 2 version.
Is "ALL OF THE ABOVE" an option?
LOL!

drs1.jpg

drs3.jpeg

drs2.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to judge by those drawings as they are both with the same stock / wood so to say, one just had the front tinted darker and then a white strip.

I dont think the #2 grade mean more swirly grain, though i could be wrong here but so far my understanding is just the bit at the front ( white plastic and Rose wood )
At least from what i have seen on other rifles it is a bit of a lottery how plain or awesome your wood will be.
In the old days a white accent like that would probably be ivory, at least that was my feel handling high end rifles when i was a parasite in my youth.

The wood they make pipes out of can also have some cool graining, as a pothead in my youth i have made quite a few Chillums in " Erica Arborea " root

AKA bruyere.

root.jpg

root2.jpg

root3.jpg

I started smoking cigarettes stolen from my mother, but by the 8 grade or so i was a pipe smoker, hard core pipe smokers of course make their own pipes.
That too is sort of a science.
There is a Danish pipe maker,,,,,,, you made it if you can afford her products. ( her name illude me )

Last edited:
myhighpressureair.com ?
Same place?

I hope your not setting yourself up for disapointment.
On this web site, I dont even see a option yet, for ordering a Grade 2 stock, .... only the regular walnut.
Also it clearly states that it comes out of the box with a 11mm dovetail rail, with the OPTION for a Picatinny rail.

From what I understand and remember, someone (FX,UA, ???) mentioned long ago on youtube, that the DRS would be released in the following order:
1. Synthetic
2. Pro version
3. Last but not least, the nice, Grade 2 walnut version.

Personally, Id like to purchase a walnut or Grade 2 walnut version myself, but I dont expect to see them arrive in the United States, until after the Pro versions, which could be several more months for all I know.

Not sure if this is the same place as HPP, but here is a quote from the myhighpressureair.com web site:

"The FX DRS Classic comes out of the box with a smooth side lever action, a high-capacity magazine refined for larger projectiles, the flexibilty to tailor the trigger for your exact preference and a 11mm dovetail rail. Upgrade otions will be avaible and will include a match grade trigger, picatinny rails, plenums, barrel lenght ect.".

Click on your link. Then choose walnut and see the plastic gun turn into a walnut version. That’s what I assumed I was ordering. If a picture of the plain walnut stock would have popped up, that’s what I would assume I was ordering. That’s all I’m saying. I’ve ordered a ton of guns in my lifetime. Never got something that was different than pictured.

Reactions: Impact701
Hopefully those pictures are just for illustration and the actual Minelli Stocks will be much nicer. The same is very much like that of my Dreamline Classic. My AA S510 XS has a walnut stock with the rosewood cap on the front and the bottom of the grip. The lines of that stock are much sexier also. If the Minelli Stock had the same lines as the Synthetic stock with the nicer cheek riser, that would be an awesome stock!

Click on your link. Then choose walnut and see the plastic gun turn into a walnut version. That’s what I assumed I was ordering. If a picture of the plain walnut stock would have popped up, that’s what I would assume I was ordering. That’s all I’m saying. I’ve ordered a ton of guns in my lifetime. Never got something that was different than pictured.
I would reach out to Tom and ask. He was very responsive to my question over the weekend. If it's not what you were expecting/wanting, I'm sure he can change the order for you given the confusion with the picture.

Since it seem FX is monitoring the chatter about the DRS here on AGN.

I will ask again when are we going to be able to order/preorder the accessories we want/need ? ?

I have emailed FX and UA they both have said they don't have that info available yet 🤔🤦‍♂️

For me in particular I want to add the SHP plenum, CF airtube and low picatinny rail. (Maybe slug power kit)

Screenshot_20240123_093329_Chrome.jpg

I would reach out to Tom and ask. He was very responsive to my question over the weekend. If it's not what you were expecting/wanting, I'm sure he can change the order for you given the confusion with the picture.
I did. He said he would make sure I got what I ordered. That could be interpreted several ways. So I just said send me a picture of what you receive before you ship me one. If he receives walnut guns that don’t look like what I ordered, I’ll see how long it will take to get what I thought I ordered, then cross that bridge.

The end cap looks like Ebony not rosewood.
I often install decorative caps on my gun stocks. Here are two examples of Rose wood vs Ebony.

I want one of those DRS walnut with cap also.
FYI, walnut stocks CAN be lighter than composite.
Just look at the difference in weight of the Huben K1, walnuts vs composite. Walnut is 6-8 oz lighter!
Have fun
IMG_20190510_144040824.jpg
Huben K1.jpg

There is already some false advertising going on with the gun because they show all of them with a pic scope rail.

I did. He said he would make sure I got what I ordered. That could be interpreted several ways. So I just said send me a picture of what you receive before you ship me one. If he receives walnut guns that don’t look like what I ordered, I’ll see how long it will take to get what I thought I ordered, then cross that bridge.
Man, if i could get free, Grade 2 walnut stocks for the price of regular walnut, Id pre-order with Tom, ..... IMMEDIANTLY!
Id pre-order 2 or 3 of them, as fast as I could get my wallet out!
But since thats not the case, I will just continue to sit on the sidelines, while everyone else enjoys, and test out the new platform for me.
Im in no hurry.
What did he say about your free picatinny scope rail?