FX FX DRS Pre-Orders?

So for those of you who have pre-ordered, what caliber and barrel length have you all gone with? And what was your reasoning for your choice? I'm just about ready to pull the trigger and place a pre-order. I'll definitely go with the standard walnut, but I'm just not 100 percent sure on the other details quite yet.
I’ll bite first. I ordered a 500mm walnut .22. Why? Several reasons. It’s a traditional rifle and will require a mod. What was once an appealing compact gun can get lanky real quick when you start putting mods on them. It’s not going to be my .22 slug gun. I have more compact powerful platforms to handle that task. I love my Zbroia Hortitsia .22. It’s a traditional wood 35.5 inch gun. I believe FX could have delivered enough power with this gun with a 380mm barrel and kept it a nice proportional carbine with a mod on it but that would mean a smaller air tank and a horrible shot count. If I let the gun stay in its lane, a 500mm barrel should be plenty.

I ordered the .22 600mm . I have a Dreamline .22 GRS 500mm with a Tonto moderator. So the whole barrel length is 600. I have come to the conclusion that a moderator might be necessary for back yard shooting when your neighbor is 25 yards away and yo do t want to annoy them but in real hunting situations when shooting at squirrels or starlings and pigeons they still hear my guns report with a moderator and react the same . and it’s not just the pellet zipping by or it hitting something close. Everything around scoots when the shot is heard. So I listened to the video from FX and they mentioned that this new efficiant valve and the air tank over the barrel design makes for a quiet rifle. That made up my mind to go with the 600mm length along with it holding 30 percent more shot count along with the carbon fiber covered air tank which allows for higher fill preasure. I’m going to try and tune this to either shoot the heavy 25 to 28 grain pellets or light weight slugs . What speeds is yet to be determined by accuracy , efficiency and sound. I think the 600mm barrel will fit the bill and will look better proportioned with the fat bull barrel . I’m not getting rid of my Dreamline any time soon. And I know the DRS isn’t going to outshoot it. It comes down to which gun you pick up to use the most because it just feels right nd you have confidence in.

Reactions: Frozenspyder
I ordered the .22 600mm . I have a Dreamline .22 GRS 500mm with a Tonto moderator. So the whole barrel length is 600. I have come to the conclusion that a moderator might be necessary for back yard shooting when your neighbor is 25 yards away and yo do t want to annoy them but in real hunting situations when shooting at squirrels or starlings and pigeons they still hear my guns report with a moderator and react the same . and it’s not just the pellet zipping by or it hitting something close. Everything around scoots when the shot is heard. So I listened to the video from FX and they mentioned that this new efficiant valve and the air tank over the barrel design makes for a quiet rifle. That made up my mind to go with the 600mm length along with it holding 30 percent more shot count along with the carbon fiber covered air tank which allows for higher fill preasure. I’m going to try and tune this to either shoot the heavy 25 to 28 grain pellets or light weight slugs . What speeds is yet to be determined by accuracy , efficiency and sound. I think the 600mm barrel will fit the bill and will look better proportioned with the fat bull barrel . I’m not getting rid of my Dreamline any time soon. And I know the DRS isn’t going to outshoot it. It comes down to which gun you pick up to use the most because it just feels right nd you have confidence in.
I think with the 600mm, you will have a very versatile rifle. There shouldn’t be any projectile off limits.

I'm leaning towards the 600mm. It might get a bit long with a moderator, but I probably won't use one unless I'm shooting it in the backyard. Length doesn't matter too much there. Doesn't seem like a guy can really go wrong with either of the shorter two barrels. I like the idea of the 700mm on the classic, but I know that would be too long for me. I'd find myself reaching for a shorter rifle and the DRS would just collect dust.