FX FX DRS Pre-Orders?

I want one, but have not pre-ordered.
My plan has been to sit back, watch, make certain they are a top notch airgun like I am expecting, and wait for the Walnut versions to arrive.
But...Its all I can do to continue resisting!
Yesterday, U.A.'s web site showed synthetic versions in stock, and I found myself adding one to my basket and checking out, only then to realize it was a glitch with their site!
I called, and was told that they had received 1 batch already, but none were actually in stock, and they all went to people who had pre-ordered.
So they are indeed arriving!

Part of the reason I'm wondering about pre-orders is the length of time it will take to get one. If all those that are inbound are already claimed, there may be a wait. Like you, I was going to sit back and wait, but patience is not a virtue I possess! I do have e-mails in to 3 of the 4 vendors I'm considering asking if there are any inbound that have not already been claimed via pre-order. If all are claimed, then we may see some real world results before being able to place an order!

Just curious who has already placed a pre-order? What configuration did you order and who did you order from?

I'm looking to order a Classic in .22 with the 600mm barrel and synthetic stock. I haven't yet decided who I'm going to order from, but it's down to UA, NEA, TAG and HPP.

Thanks for posting!
Will be looking forward to your impressions. The Classic has my interest, the esthetics and simplicity are really enticing to me.

Well, I caved and pre-ordered the DRS! Tom at HPP was the only one to get back to me with any definitive information about availability. He said his website is set up so you can only order what he already has incoming. If a specific specification was already sold out through pre-solds, it would be lined through, so if it could be configured and put in the cart, he had one in-bound in that configuration that had not yet been pre-sold. So far it looks like the .177 with the 600mm barrel is the only configuration that's not available. He had a .22 with the 600mm barrel in synthetic, so I clicked buy! He thinks they should be here by the 12th, but said he'd know more later this week. I guess we'll see...

I ordered a Classic walnut from HPP on 1/25. I still have concerns that the walnut gun pictured on the HPP website might not be the one that I will receive. There is already some false advertising going on with the gun because they show all of them with a pic scope rail. Hopefully there will be some updates on how far behind the walnut guns are behind the plastic ones soon. I never ordered a gun from HPP but I’ve heard good things so we will see how this goes.

I ordered a Classic walnut from HPP on 1/25. I still have concerns that the walnut gun pictured on the HPP website might not be the one that I will receive. There is already some false advertising going on with the gun because they show all of them with a pic scope rail. Hopefully there will be some updates on how far behind the walnut guns are behind the plastic ones soon. I never ordered a gun from HPP but I’ve heard good things so we will see how this goes.
My first time ordering from HPP also. I sent e-mails to three different vendors, he's the only one to reply thus far, and I like the fact he is only accepting pre-orders for what he actually has inbound! So, the wait shouldn't be too long!

Reactions: Str8tshooter
My first time ordering from HPP also. I sent e-mails to three different vendors, he's the only one to reply thus far, and I like the fact he is only accepting pre-orders for what he actually has inbound! So, the wait shouldn't be too long!
He or someone there responded quickly to a text I sent them about the stock. I was under the impression that he needed preorders to actually get guns inbound. Either way, he has my money and I will certainly see how this all pans out. Personally, I don’t believe I will receive the gun pictured when I put it in my cart then paid for it. But I’ve been wrong before.

I preordered mine from UTA. I have bought all my FX guns from them. I ordered the classic .22 600mm. I made a note in the order to call me before shipping to discuss what accessories are available . I definitely want the carbon fiber tube cover for a little more air preasure and I want the larger plentum and the picatinny rail. I hope the accessories are shipping as well. I hope they have extra magazines as well. I’m wondering if the larger magazines from the panthera will work in the DRS action With a two piece rail.

In the FX video you can use the bigger magazine but not with the picatinny rail

Screenshot_20240303_205451_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_205533_YouTube.jpg

Blows my mind. FX can pump out new models just like cell phones, but can't get the dealers replacement parts for current models.
I'd be willing to bet that all those replacement parts that are housed at FX-USA are tied up in litigation.
And I' m sure it's a massive amount of parts

I preordered mine from UTA. I have bought all my FX guns from them. I ordered the classic .22 600mm. I made a note in the order to call me before shipping to discuss what accessories are available . I definitely want the carbon fiber tube cover for a little more air preasure and I want the larger plentum and the picatinny rail. I hope the accessories are shipping as well. I hope they have extra magazines as well. I’m wondering if the larger magazines from the panthera will work in the DRS action With a two piece rail.
The video mentioned the larger capacity Crown/Dreamline/Maverick magazines will work, I'm not sure if the Panthera uses the same magazine, but if it does, then it should work as well.

but not with the picatinny rail
I think that's misunderstood, i understand it as you have to use the thick PICrail adapter to be able to do it, or very high scope rings
The Picrail adapter look to have all the cutouts it would need in the magazine area.
But maybe that just go for the mini mag ??

It is a bit funny on the DRS parts drawing the tall PICrail adapter are included in the drawing / diagram, then again so is 3 different sizes of plenum.

I thank every god in Valhalla i am more of a single shot tray guy.

It will be interesting to see if the large capacity magazines work with the taller picatinny rail. If so, I'll probably get one, if not I'll stick with the dovetail since I already have a few of the larger capacity magazines. I'm also wondering if the new picatinny rail would fit the Dreamline Classic?