• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX DRS Classic for Pre Order

Several of which should come on the gun stock. 🤔. Well two at least
Agreed. Showing the gun with a picatinny scope rail in every picture from where you are ordering a gun from is pretty greasy. But big picture, maybe they feel there is more profit to be made off selling rails instead of the tiny price increase if it actually came on the gun. They also need to quit showing the highest grade walnut stock in all these website pictures unless that’s the actual gun you will receive for the price listed underneath it.

Agreed. Showing the gun with a picatinny scope rail in every picture from where you are ordering a gun from is pretty greasy. But big picture, maybe they feel there is more profit to be made off selling rails instead of the tiny price increase if it actually came on the gun. They also need to quit showing the highest grade walnut stock in all these website pictures unless that’s the actual gun you will receive for the price listed underneath it.
Yeah and put a regulator gauge on it. Come on FX.

Seems like it would be really easy to lose track of your regulator settings while trying to tune without the gauge. How would you know where it was set at from the factory? If nothing else, they could have offered a port through which you could test the regulator pressure like the Boss and Royale's, which did require the stock to be removed. I guess you could tune until it sounded like it was in "harmony", lol. I agree with Trucker above. FX make it happen somehow. I know they are wanting that classic rifle look, which I do appreciate.

Reactions: Peashooter
Seems like it would be really easy to lose track of your regulator settings while trying to tune without the gauge. How would you know where it was set at from the factory? If nothing else, they could have offered a port through which you could test the regulator pressure like the Boss and Royale's, which did require the stock to be removed. I guess you could tune until it sounded like it was in "harmony", lol. I agree with Trucker above. FX make it happen somehow. I know they are wanting that classic rifle look, which I do appreciate.
One small shot string starting at 170b will tell you where your reg is set. It’s how we do it with a ton of other guns that don’t come with a plenum gauge. But at least they give us the option if a guy wants to obsess over where his reg is set all the time.

Per the owners manual.

Screenshot_20240315_011939_Samsung Notes.jpg

View attachment Fx_DRS_manual.pdf

This is cool. If you need to bump the reg up for a different projectile, just degas the gun and install a gauge. Refill and make your adjustments. It won’t be the first gun I shot a couple shots over the chronograph without a stock attached until you see if you hit the peak speed you’re looking for. Dial the HS to where you want it then degas and remove the gauge. I don’t have a problem degassing and airing up a gun with so little air capacity. What I do have an issue with is how do we degas the gun. Did FX see the light and give this gun a drain screw? Us guys with the walnut stocks may be able to modify our stocks with a little inletting to accommodate a gauge. The guys with the plastic/foam stocks may or may not. I don’t plan to constantly be jacking with the gun once I get is set for shooting what it likes so I can be a little biased. Once I’m dialed, that gauge won’t concern me unless this gun has reg issues.

I would check it with a chronograph and use 15.89 grain Hades at 915 fps for a reference. And then check some 18s . Guessing I would say 18s at 885 fps. It might be in the sweet from the factory.

Does air chamber the screw into the breech block ?
Yes, when they finally introduced the FAC version and I saw those numbers, I‘m hoping I don’t have to introduce this gun to any tools. Check out its long term performance if the user isn’t constantly tweaking on it. The orings on the liner still mystifies me. I’ll try and leave them as long as the gun remains consistent.

Reactions: Impact701
This is cool. If you need to bump the reg up for a different projectile, just degas the gun and install a gauge. Refill and make your adjustments. It won’t be the first gun I shot a couple shots over the chronograph without a stock attached until you see if you hit the peak speed you’re looking for. Dial the HS to where you want it then degas and remove the gauge. I don’t have a problem degassing and airing up a gun with so little air capacity. What I do have an issue with is how do we degas the gun. Did FX see the light and give this gun a drain screw? Us guys with the walnut stocks may be able to modify our stocks with a little inletting to accommodate a gauge. The guys with the plastic/foam stocks may or may not. I don’t plan to constantly be jacking with the gun once I get is set for shooting what it likes so I can be a little biased. Once I’m dialed, that gauge won’t concern me unless this gun has reg issues.
I agree with you 100 percent. Just spend the $45 for a gauge and install it on the regulator.one screw to remove the action from the stock and make an adjustment , shoot it over a chronograph to get the speed your shooting for and put it back in the stock. Not so bad as you only have to do it once and you’re done . This is to be a hunting gun like your deer rifle . Set it up with what ammo shoots best for what you’re needing it for and leave it there. It’s a dedicated classic looking , light weight , good handling rifle. I’m blown away at all the guys who are hating this rifle because they can’t turn a knob or see a gauge without having to remove one screw and lifting the action out of the stock Or not being able to tune up or down to shoot different ammo in an instant. That isn’t what this rifle is for. I’ll have my rifle this coming Wednesday so I’ll see if there is room in the synthetic stock to modify for the regulator. If so, why didn’t they just do that when designing the mold? At least there is a plugged hole in the regulator for a gauge. Another bitch I have is the owners manual lack of information on important things like degassing, proper sequence when changing regulators. They know a lot of people are going to be tuning the gun and changing things so it’s a mater of safety to know these things but they aren’t in the manual. I know there will be a video on it but it should be in the manual when you get the gun. It seems to be a trend that more and more manufacturers of all kinds of things are not providing manuals anymore and instead you have to go online to find how to operate something Or get information for repair and parts. How much are they saving in not supplying a small manual on something costing over $1000? Oh well. I’ll be waiting for the video I guess before I can see what is capable. from what I have read I’m thinking this DRS has a little more potential than the Dreamline classic with the addition of the optional carbon fiber shroud ( more air tank preasure ) larger more efficient valve that should hopefully give more shot count at comparable power. We will see soon.

Reactions: scottblair
I agree with you 100 percent. Just spend the $45 for a gauge and install it on the regulator.one screw to remove the action from the stock and make an adjustment , shoot it over a chronograph to get the speed your shooting for and put it back in the stock. Not so bad as you only have to do it once and you’re done . This is to be a hunting gun like your deer rifle . Set it up with what ammo shoots best for what you’re needing it for and leave it there. It’s a dedicated classic looking , light weight , good handling rifle. I’m blown away at all the guys who are hating this rifle because they can’t turn a knob or see a gauge without having to remove one screw and lifting the action out of the stock Or not being able to tune up or down to shoot different ammo in an instant. That isn’t what this rifle is for. I’ll have my rifle this coming Wednesday so I’ll see if there is room in the synthetic stock to modify for the regulator. If so, why didn’t they just do that when designing the mold? At least there is a plugged hole in the regulator for a gauge. Another bitch I have is the owners manual lack of information on important things like degassing, proper sequence when changing regulators. They know a lot of people are going to be tuning the gun and changing things so it’s a mater of safety to know these things but they aren’t in the manual. I know there will be a video on it but it should be in the manual when you get the gun. It seems to be a trend that more and more manufacturers of all kinds of things are not providing manuals anymore and instead you have to go online to find how to operate something Or get information for repair and parts. How much are they saving in not supplying a small manual on something costing over $1000? Oh well. I’ll be waiting for the video I guess before I can see what is capable. from what I have read I’m thinking this DRS has a little more potential than the Dreamline classic with the addition of the optional carbon fiber shroud ( more air tank preasure ) larger more efficient valve that should hopefully give more shot count at comparable power. We will see soon.
I think the industry has sent a large segment of PCP owners into a spin of constantly having to screw with their gun. So they want knobs, buttons and gauges everywhere. The amount of latest greatest projectiles isn’t helping either. But like you were eluding to, there is still a segment in the hobby of guys who can look at a platform, not try to endlessly search for something it’s not and just set it and forget it. That’s who I think this gun benefits. If you buy a .25 and decide you don’t want to shoot the 25.39 and want to shoot the 33.95, FX provides a bigger plenum to help. But I’m sure in no time we will see a .177 classic with the giant plenum some guy bolted onto it because he just had to. It’s a simple gun with a couple things available for after the sale if you need or think you need them. Hopefully they don’t screw around and get those walnut guns on a boat pronto. And some of the high grade walnuts too so I can upgrade my preorder. I don’t want to have to settle for something I didn’t think I was ordering.