• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX DRS Classic for Pre Order

Well i was / am expecting these to be more powerful than the dreamline, or at least as powerful.
Even if in .177 i am tied to you can not shoot heavy slugs in FX barrels, then i am hoping to one day get a proper slug barrel for the .177 caliber that would allow for that.
Heavy slug shooting kind of a deal breaker to me, though i apparently will have to forget about that CUZ even looking past FX barrels and what i have learned they can not do, then others, while entirely different kinds of barrels / rifling, they have the same modest twist rate and so i am not sure they will be able to push heavy slogs either.

Out of my 700 mm Heavy liner i have seen 20 gr slugs almost tumble end over end, entirely unstable, so bad i had to try and shoot without my moderator, but it was exactly the same there.

It sort of looked the same as when i tried to shoot beasts to 86 Meters, with the sun behind me the beasts seemed to spiral in a cone like shape, it looked pretty cool though but accuracy was in feet at best.

Could maybe be that i should try and shoot heavy slugs,,,, and beasts at really slow speeds, below the 850 FPS which i think is the slowest i have tried.
But to me that just negate the " fun " of shooting the heavier stuff.

Anyone realizing that on the Classic at least as far as i can see, to adjust regulator or hammer spring, you have to remove the stock.
Maybe not a big deal for people, but i find it kinda a problem.

Not a problem for me and here’s why. It helps you protect yourself from yourself. If you’ve paid attention over the last 7 years you’ve seen a trend. Guns that are easily user adjustable, the guys who own them have more issues than the guys that have to disassemble to make adjustments. The classic will be a set it and forget it gun. I don’t think at least with the 500mm barrel it will be that versatile anyway.

Reactions: hunterroark
Pictures from UA

Screenshot_20240216_154933_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240215_125834_Instagram.jpg

New England Airguns has an option to order the DRS Pro as a barreled action and the DRS Classic with a 700mm barrel

Screenshot_20240217_073534_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_073559_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_073630_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Airgun Al
I’m not a video watcher but do appreciate all that Impact701 is posting and trying to keep us up to speed. I can’t wait to see the walnut classic in somebody’s hands instead of that cheap looking plastic thing. I showed my 81 year old dad a picture of the walnut classic I preordered and he is more excited than I am. As of now we know the plastic job is being produced because the people who run their gums on YouTube are getting them. Curious to see just how far behind the walnut versions are.

Price seems good but what do you guys think will be the big advancement over a dreamline.? Power ?
I have a .177 Dreamline Classic 500mm that shoots the JSB KO 13.4 slugs at 945 fps very accurate out to 100 yards. Not sure where the benefit of the DRS would be?
As far as pre-ordering, yes, you can for the Pro but then most competitive shooters will want all the options and there is no word on the price of the CF air tube or “match” trigger?

Reactions: Drgun
IF ! The Swedish price hold true in DK too ( i cant recall the difference in our two VAT systems )
Anyway that will actually make the DRS Classic cheaper than a dreamline for instance, or just half of what i paid for my Maverick back in the launch days of that.
So i really want to learn that the DRS Classic can " cough " up Maverick level breaths of wind.

I have a .177 Dreamline Classic 500mm that shoots the JSB KO 13.4 slugs at 945 fps very accurate out to 100 yards. Not sure where the benefit of the DRS would be?
As far as pre-ordering, yes, you can for the Pro but then most competitive shooters will want all the options and there is no word on the price of the CF air tube or “match” trigger?
The DRS classic offers
1. New technology
2. Shorter length carbine
3. Lower price
4. Lighter weight
5. More powerful ?
If the new technology succeeds, hopefully it will be just as, if not more accurate.

Reactions: Centercut
The DRS classic offers
1. New technology
2. Shorter length carbine
3. Lower price
4. Lighter weight
5. More powerful ?
If the new technology succeeds, hopefully it will be just as, if not more accurate.
I have always eyeballed the Dreamline in gray laminate. Every time someone posted a pic of one, my add to cart finger would start getting itchy. Why did I finally not hesitate when they announced the DRS Classic? I just don’t trust that limp noodle above the air cylinder on the Dreamline. Now that it’s part of the air tube, it’s game on. As long as big pressure swings within that air cylinder have no effect on the barrel, I believe it will be a better gun. And hopefully no valve related first cold shot issues. But I’m not holding my breath there.

I thought by now UA would have more on their website

Screenshot_20240216_191012_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240217_163132_Chrome.jpg

I have always eyeballed the Dreamline in gray laminate. Every time someone posted a pic of one, my add to cart finger would start getting itchy. Why did I finally not hesitate when they announced the DRS Classic? I just don’t trust that limp noodle above the air cylinder on the Dreamline. Now that it’s part of the air tube, it’s game on. As long as big pressure swings within that air cylinder have no effect on the barrel, I believe it will be a better gun. And hopefully no valve related first cold shot issues. But I’m not holding my breath there.
Getting a new airgun is always fun.
But its been a while for me.
My last brand new airgun purchase was a FX Crown, about 6 years ago.

Since then I watched from the sidelines, as the bullpups became very popular.
I was content with my new Crown and old Royale.

Then came the short little Impact, with everybody tweeking, adjusting, modding, and then followed by trouble shooting.
I purchased a short 380mm Crown barrel instead.
I was content, once again, with my Crown and Royale.

Then came the long range slug shooters, and the King/Panthera platform.
I purchased a long, .30 caliber Crown barrel instead.
I was content with my old Crown and Royale once again.

For me, nothing has been too inspireing enough, in the past 6 years, to warrent a new airgun purchase.
I am still very content with my old Crown and Royale.
Until now!
This new, short, streamlined, traditional, walnut stocked DRS, has me thinking about FINALLY, buying a new airgun!
Im not rushing out to be first in line, and my Crown and Royale are going no where.
But If the DRS's new technology offers any greater accuracy over its predecessors, it will be a welcome addition for me.

Reactions: Impact701
Getting a new airgun is always fun.
But its been a while for me.
My last brand new airgun purchase was a FX Crown, about 6 years ago.

Since then I watched from the sidelines, as the bullpups became very popular.
I was content with my new Crown and old Royale.

Then came the short little Impact, with everybody tweeking, adjusting, modding, and then followed by trouble shooting.
I purchased a short 380mm Crown barrel instead.
I was content, once again, with my Crown and Royale.

Then came the long range slug shooters, and the King/Panthera platform.
I purchased a long, .30 caliber Crown barrel instead.
I was content with my old Crown and Royale once again.

For me, nothing has been too inspireing enough, in the past 6 years, to warrent a new airgun purchase.
I am still very content with my old Crown and Royale.
Until now!
This new, short, streamlined, traditional, walnut stocked DRS, has me thinking about FINALLY, buying a new airgun!
Im not rushing out to be first in line, and my Crown and Royale are going no where.
But If the DRS's new technology offers any greater accuracy over its predecessors, it will be a welcome addition for me.
Smart dude. And I bet you never got burned on the hot stove your mom warned you about. Some of us did and still walk into the burning room where the new airgun sits and think we’re fireproof. When mine finally arrives, if I decide to talk about it, I will only tell the absolute truth. I’ve married so many airguns that I don’t even know what a honeymoon is anymore. I dislike them because of what I paid for them the second they are out of the box. Then it’s up to them to make me like them.

Smart dude. And I bet you never got burned on the hot stove your mom warned you about. Some of us did and still walk into the burning room where the new airgun sits and think we’re fireproof. When mine finally arrives, if I decide to talk about it, I will only tell the absolute truth. I’ve married so many airguns that I don’t even know what a honeymoon is anymore. I dislike them because of what I paid for them the second they are out of the box. Then it’s up to them to make me like them.
Not smart...just cautious!
My biggest fear with the DRS, is that it is indeed, a revolutionary new and completely different design.
By waiting, watching, and learning from others, I am simply reducing my own risk, in the event it turns out to be less accurate, or prone to leaks.
I do not believe that will be the case!
I trust that FX has peformed extensive testing, and the expansion and contraction of the reservoir, positively affects the accuracy of the barrel.

Anyone realizing that on the Classic at least as far as i can see, to adjust regulator or hammer spring, you have to remove the stock.
Maybe not a big deal for people, but i find it kinda a problem.

Looks like FX is making a Franken-gun! I see parts from the Dynamic, Crown and Dreamline listed in the parts list! It's pretty clear the hammer spring adjustment will be similar to the Dreamline Classic, but it's hard to tell if the regulator will have any adjustment or any access for adjustment.

Also, based on the pricing from Spain, the various plenums seem to be fairly inexpensive.