FX Fx drs barrel

To each ther own
Correct. And I just thought about this: According to some sources I read, and they differ, in the USA the median middle class income is $75,000 to $100,000 per year, you will know better and can correct me if it is wrong. Where I live the median middle class income is an equivalent of $10,000 to $15,000 per year, depending on the area you live it will be higher. Together with that our cost of living is lower in proportion. That is also why people from USA and Europe consider SA as a very cheap tourist destination. That makes a $1,000 for rifle like this much more expensive for us than for you in USA, we don't pay less for it in comparison to our living cost. Therefore we expect more, much more for the $1,000 than you who might think it is cheap. When I tell people around here to buy a budget PCP of $300 they shake their head and say it is to expensive and they cannot afford it. The result is that few people have pcp's and it is considered a rich mans toy.

Last edited:
and it is considered a rich mans toy.
Well some PCP rifles for sure carry a price here in my country, that even on the Danish black market for firearms,,,,, which is as expensive as everything else here.
Well you could afford a nice actual weapon and a handful of ammo.

Maybe even more, i have been way out of that game for decades, but it is my feeling that today such things are even more easy to get your hands on, and i also think cheaper.
The people here that once in a while use firearms, they are welfare clients on the outside, punk gangsters on the inside, in spite of that i dont think it is so cheap you can buy a firearm on welfare.

Denmark, in the last 24 hours 840 kilos of cocaine have been found on beaches here, apparently a pickup at sea went horrible wrong for someone. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Caliber 22
Well some PCP rifles for sure carry a price here in my country, that even on the Danish black market for firearms,,,,, which is as expensive as everything else here.
Well you could afford a nice actual weapon and a handful of ammo.

Maybe even more, i have been way out of that game for decades, but it is my feeling that today such things are even more easy to get your hands on, and i also think cheaper.
The people here that once in a while use firearms, they are welfare clients on the outside, punk gangsters on the inside, in spite of that i dont think it is so cheap you can buy a firearm on welfare.

Denmark, in the last 24 hours 840 kilos of cocaine have been found on beaches here, apparently a pickup at sea went horrible wrong for someone. :ROFLMAO:
People in the USA must really appreciate what they have, while they still have it and they must fight to keep it that way. In most if not all other countries air rifles and PB rifles are very expensive and / or very restricted. If the DRS was the same price in comparison to our income as in USA, I would buy it even with the shortcomings I don't like because then it would be cheap for me and if I don't like it, it would not be a loss to cry about.

People in the USA must really appreciate what they have, while they still have it and they must fight to keep it that way. In most if not all other countries air rifles and PB rifles are very expensive and / or very restricted. If the DRS was the same price in comparison to our income as in USA, I would buy it even with the shortcomings I don't like because then it would be cheap for me and if I don't like it, it would not be a loss to cry about.
We don’t appreciate what we have, we take it for granted. Sad, but true. But I understand where your coming from in the several posts I’ve read.

Correct. And I just thought about this: According to some sources I read, and they differ, in the USA the median middle class income is $75,000 to $100,000 per year, you will know better and can correct me if it is wrong. Where I live the median middle class income is an equivalent of $10,000 to $15,000 per year, depending on the area you live it will be higher. Together with that our cost of living is lower in proportion. That is also why people from USA and Europe consider SA as a very cheap tourist destination. That makes a $1,000 for rifle like this much more expensive for us than for you in USA, we don't pay less for it in comparison to our living cost. Therefore we expect more, much more for the $1,000 than you who might think it is cheap. When I tell people around here to buy a budget PCP of $300 they shake their head and say it is to expensive and they cannot afford it. The result is that few people have pcp's and it is considered a rich mans toy.
OK I’m with you on what you’re saying now. I have been in SA and spent time with family’s living off the land As well as working in JB. A lot different than our economy. But your Still missing my point why some of us are so excited about this new DRS classic. It’s just nice to see a PCP air gun that has the look of a traditional PB but also has the performance of rifles costing much more. It will be treated just as my PB hunting rifles. Once I find what it likes , at as fast as I can get it going I won’t be changing it so a few times in and out of the action to make adjustments is no problem. I can do that in my yard where I have to take a new PB to a range miles away. I still have my Dreamline GRS and a Wildcat with all the gauges and knobs to turn if I want to play that game. It’s just so nice we have so many guns to chose from that perform at these levels and FX has been one to lead the way and give their customer what their wanting.

I sort of assumed FX had moved away from the barrel O-rings and to the CF sleeve from the factory, but so much for assumptions.
It is nice it is still the same barrels, and i assume ( once ) again you can swap the barrel itself without degassing the rifle.

I am a little perplexed of 1 thing, the PRO come with the heavy liner, but the Classic even if fitted with the same power source ( large plenum and 700 mm barrel ) only come with the regular barrel.
I assume as i do a lot, that people going for 700 mm barrels would also be slug minded, not least as otherwise long guns dont seem to be very popular.
I see a lot of compact or compact ish air rifles in here.
nope, according to fx site the 700 classics come with a heavy liner

2024-04-01 12_22_16-F11227 - JX assembly pipa.png

Reactions: Impact701
Why does this rifle have a powder burner ”magazine”, doesn’t seem like a good idea. Looks even worse with the MDT chassis, it’s not going to be a trainer for PRS PB because of no recoil, balance etc…
Well it’s really not much less recoil that of a 22lr and that’s probably what they assume you’re going to be buying this to practice with for but hey it could just be a marketing strategy to get more powder burners into air rifles..? Hey buy this you won’t disturb your neighbor and you could shoot gobs of lead for way cheaper then your over priced 22lr ammo who knows..