FX Fx drs barrel

Have fx ever solved poi shift🤔
Yes! All this and more can be yours for the low low price of: a few hundred USD in aftermarket accessories!

I guess the good news is the new DRS looks to have the same standard FX liners, so those of us with a pile of them can switch them out. Bad news is it looks like I will have to buy another carbon fiber barrel sleeve if I end up with a DRS.

I sort of assumed FX had moved away from the barrel O-rings and to the CF sleeve from the factory, but so much for assumptions.
It is nice it is still the same barrels, and i assume ( once ) again you can swap the barrel itself without degassing the rifle.

I am a little perplexed of 1 thing, the PRO come with the heavy liner, but the Classic even if fitted with the same power source ( large plenum and 700 mm barrel ) only come with the regular barrel.
I assume as i do a lot, that people going for 700 mm barrels would also be slug minded, not least as otherwise long guns dont seem to be very popular.
I see a lot of compact or compact ish air rifles in here.

I sort of assumed FX had moved away from the barrel O-rings and to the CF sleeve from the factory, but so much for assumptions.
It is nice it is still the same barrels, and i assume ( once ) again you can swap the barrel itself without degassing the rifle.

I am a little perplexed of 1 thing, the PRO come with the heavy liner, but the Classic even if fitted with the same power source ( large plenum and 700 mm barrel ) only come with the regular barrel.
I assume as i do a lot, that people going for 700 mm barrels would also be slug minded, not least as otherwise long guns dont seem to be very popular.
I see a lot of compact or compact ish air rifles in here.
I dont see how you could remove the barrel liner without degassing. The stainless steel Liner Lock (part 4) cant fit through the Muzzle Adapter (part 2). So my guess is you would need to degass, and remove the Muzzle Adapter from the air cylinder.

Reactions: Dairyboy
I dont see how you could remove the barrel liner without degassing. The stainless steel Liner Lock (part 4) cant fit through the Muzzle Adapter (part 2). So my guess is you would need to degass, and remove the Muzzle Adapter from the air cylinder.
You unscrew the shroud which takes the muzzle adapter with it leaving the inner barrel housing exposed which has the barrel liner attached via the liner lock. Just like an impact. You dont need to degass, it works basically the same as an impact m3 barrel setup.

You unscrew the shroud which takes the muzzle adapter with it leaving the inner barrel housing exposed which has the barrel liner attached via the liner lock. Just like an impact. You dont need to degass, it works basically the same as an impact m3 barrel setup.
Do you have a take down video link? The shroud, as I understand it, is the air reservoir. There are even orings to seal the Muzzle Adapter.

So did I. I can’t believe those jokers still want to milk a guy for a carbon fiber tube. Just raise the price of the gun $30 for gods sake. We won’t complain, we’ll thank you and not make fun of you. I guess we should be happy it comes with a trigger shoe and they don’t make us shoot it with a peg until we “upgrade“.

Have fx ever solved poi shift🤔

I read a thread here where the owner was quoted something along the line of “there is no problem”
So apparently that solved it.
If there is a solution it will become available for a discounted price with your first order of Halos.

FX has not yet admitted that POI shift is a problem.
When I see one i'll be more than thrilled to report it. I carry my rifles by the barrel, by the scopes by what ever I grab and....they still hit were I want them to. Disclaimer, I've got CF liners on both, one is epoxied one isn't, zero difference. Both barrels are polished. I've found that any POI shift is because something is loose.

Reactions: oaks1450
When I see one i'll be more than thrilled to report it. I carry my rifles by the barrel, by the scopes by what ever I grab and....they still hit were I want them to. Disclaimer, I've got CF liners on both, one is epoxied one isn't, zero difference. Both barrels are polished. I've found that any POI shift is because something is loose.
No argument with your statement. POI issues are caused by something loose. Consider yourself very lucky, so many more of us are not.

Reactions: bucketboy
No plenum gauge is not more.
No external adjustment of regulator or hammer spring is not more.
That is what I want to get away from.
Not paying more to get less of that.
FX has designed the classic DRS to market a PCP air rifle that looks and feels like a classic PB rifle that us baby boomers grew up using . Thus eliminating things like a reg gauge, external power wheels, external air bottles, picatinny rails on bottom and sides for whatever, adjustable comb and butt pads, big oversized ammo magazines. You know everything that makes what an airgun is today and the Airguns made,today have come,to not look like any rifles from the past. I myself appreciate all the engineering that has gone into the PCP air rifles being made but I dont find them attractive nor do I like some for how they handle, balance wise when compared to the hunting rifles I grew up with. they have become heavy and down right ugly. I am a fan of figured walnut stocks that are designed to properly fit once a light adequate 40 mm hunting scope is installed without having to have knobs to turn or push to adjust for final adjustment with a set of 2” high scope rings to accommodate the 55mm 25 power 3 pound scope to shoot 40 grain slugs out to 100 yards. This DRS classic hits all the right buttons for those of us that now can have a high performing air rifle with the most modern valve and best regulator that FX is saying is already set up for 15 grain pellets shooting over 900 fps at best efficiency. That’s performance that was not available not so long ago And plenty good for any type of small game hunting out to 50 yards which is the ethical range to be shooting small game considering wind and trajectory. That is why I say less is more. It is to be used with the ammo you desire to use that shoots best just like your deer rifle . If you like to fiddle around and adjust an airgun for different ammo or different situations and want all the conveniences of the extra gauges and wheels and so on ,this is not the gun for that And your not going to get one for $1000 that has all your wanting. The stock is held on with one screw. To adjust the hammer spring or regulator , it is one screw to remove , lift the action and make the adjustments. Same as FX’s Dreamline classic. You,don’t even need to put the action back into the stock to shoot over a chronograph to check the result. You want a regulator gauge, well buy one and the classic plentum has a 1/8” hole at the front of the plentum for that. So that‘s another $45. Looking at the pictures I think there is room to take out material in the stock to accommodate leaving the gauge on the plentum. You Won't be able to see it without removing the action again , but its just one screw. Again this rifle is a hunting rifle to be set up once and left alone to mimic a classic hunting rifle and it will perform as well as anything out there once set up to your liking. So to me an a lot of other like minded hunters this is what we have been waiting for. And less is more ( better looking and handling ) to us.