• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamlite .177 good results

Had no difficulty getting MOA or better in .22 but when switched calibers to .177 the groups went a bit wild. After some experimenting found the =<20 fpe sweet spot. HS tensioner at 20.5mm with reg at 90 bar is sending jsb 10.34g at 900 fps.
1578881569_20925783345e1bd221f048f8.84103788_20200112_195008.jpg
5 shot group at 50 yards.

This is great news! Please keep reporting your findings.

I've a 2019 Crown Continuim that I've added a .177 barrel to. 

It has the random shot that gets thrown errantly. It can print a group like you show above but then just have a weird, one or two inch flier to the right. The next shot could deviate the same distance to the left.

I've done all the usual- bore paste, single load, pellet sorts, velocity experiments, JSB, Air Arms, H&N's, and more. 13 grain and below.

Loose hold, tight hold, standard FT Scope- I've used this scope for 4 years, using it now on an air arms S510 that provides solid results.

It's ok for sporting around, but for Field Target- its a heart breaker. Missing the easy shots doesn't make up for knocking down the 50 yarder- missing the 1"- 25 yard kz, hey, that's a money shot..... btw, did try slugs, was worse.

I did use it in .177 to kill a turkey, but it was about 15 feet away.

The .25 cal barrels work great- just the .177 lets it down.

Oakhonor, what you describe is exactly what I experienced ever since swapping calibers. Cost me a few points in several matches. I tested muzzle velocity from 870 to 950 but kept getting an unexplained flier after 8 or 9 nice shots! Chrono did not offer any help as spreads were great. Then I stumbled on a tune that has only 0.5mm hs tension from min and reg at 90 bar where the gage needle is fully covering 1 in the 100 mark. The velocity is right under 900 and for the first time I shot consistent where the only fliers were my pulls. These settings were repeatable between 60 to 75F ambient.

Fingers crossed!

Tsakula, I only shot 50 yards indoors with this tune. Shot 3 mags (66 shots) starting at 230 bar and stopping at 110 bar, reg at 90 bar. This shot count has been repeatable. Not using a barrel band. Sometimes I use a Donny silencer but have to dial in 2.25 moa elevation to get same zero and holdover values. 

Have you had good results with barrel bands? I do have a one that fx sent me and I really like it on the .22 barrel. On the .177 barrel it did not provide noticeable results, it is the kind of band that slides tightly all the way back to the chamber end or maybe could be set anywhere along the length of the barrel.