FX Dreamline

Since the Dreamline uses many features of the Crown and the Impact, does that mean that it as "good" as the Crown or the Impact? By "good" I mean that the Dreamline will shoot exactly like the Impact/Crown does, and by exactly, I mean accurate. : )
In other words, I hope the Dreamline and the Crown/Impact will have the same guts, but the price increase of the Crown/Impact stems from fancier materials used for the stock, air tank and thinks like that...

Thanks,

Kmd

Yes, I hope the Dreamline is JUST as accurate as the Impact at half the price. It'll have all the technology, but it looks like the $1000 version will be the ugly minimalist thing they showed in the video. I'm sure a good synthetic or wood stock will add to the price. The Crown and Impact will always have a higher shot count due to tank size, and such. Hopefully just as accurate so I can build on a budget.

​If it's over the $1300 mark though, it might be better to pick up a Wildcat. It'll be interesting to see how the line prices out.

"Saltlake58"Yes, I hope the Dreamline is JUST as accurate as the Impact at half the price. It'll have all the technology, but it looks like the $1000 version will be the ugly minimalist thing they showed in the video. I'm sure a good synthetic or wood stock will add to the price. The Crown and Impact will always have a higher shot count due to tank size, and such. Hopefully just as accurate so I can build on a budget.
​If it's over the $1300 mark though, it might be better to pick up a Wildcat. It'll be interesting to see how the line prices out.
Well said...

I guess we all have to wait and see what the gun is going to be like. : )

"markT"That rifle will not be worth $ 1500 or $2000..
FX ain't stupid.. and consumers are not either.. 
they will figure out what the market will bare. 
I'm excited.. But I also have options.
Stupid has nothing to do with it...

I am not sure what you mean by "worth"? Do you mean cost? Anyhow. I believe the FX Dreamline is meant to give you same "basics" as an Impact or Crown, but without the "fancy" finishing touches. Kinda like getting a car. If you like the look of a certain car, and you only care about the look, you can get the base model and be happy. If you like more than just the look, you can go for the one that is tricked out, but its going to end up costing you way more. Same with the Dreamline:

- Base model is around $1000 bucks.
- Choosing the CF bottle, that's another $250 bucks.
- Smooth X barrel, another $250 bucks.
- Nice Wooden Stock, another $250 bucks

and so on. By the time you have the Dreamline configured to be just like an Impact, you will spend the same amount of money. Of course I am not sure, but if you really think about it, it kinda makes sense. Not only that. But there is also nothing wrong with them [FX] doing it that way! Some people might only care for accuracy and not looks, so they are going to be happy to spend only $1000 bucks instead of $2000, for a gun that shoots the same, but looks better.

Thanks,

Kmd

I guarantee you I'll be one of the first in line to grab the base model and Smooth X twist barrel.
I could care less what the damn gun looks like as long as it's light and shoots lights out at 100 meters.
I've got all the bullpups and carbines I need. What I WANT is a competition grade gun I can afford.

bd96fe955590625860ebb1c82d49b793.jpg
</img>

Sadly, still, all we have is a picture of the prototype. No pre-production runs in the hands of testers, no lists of real parts, can't even pre-order yet. Nothing.

​Since early runs of any manufacturing item like this tend to have defects worked out over time, I found a used Impact and bought that. I figure a bullpup version of the gun with a decent stock and whatever options I want will be at least $1500 with FX Pricing, so the used Impact looked new in box kind of thing for that price. Tired of waiting so bought the gun. If the Dreamline pans out, I'll look at one in a year or two. In the meantime, you early adopters can work the kinks out for me. How's that sound?

​Heck, I might even find a used one that someone breaks in for me. In the meantime, I'll be shooting an Impact, and kitting it out.

Lol, smooth twist x liners were initially priced at 99usd. They were bumped up in price pretty quickly before they hit the shelves (have they really even yet?). Who's to say the dreamline won't be the same?
All this talk of streamlining manufacturing hasn't made those x barrels available in anything short of an age, and I also really have doubts about just what sort of build/finish quality could be achieved with such a complex (even if simpler in some ways than the crown and impact), adjustable gun if really priced at 1k...