• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline vs Maverick: What do you get for another $500?

Which Dreamline? They make so many. I have 2 Mavericks in .22cal (Compact and Sniper) and 1 Dreamline lite in .25cal which I really like. The Maverick has more power and is built rock solid. The triggers are about the same. FYI I bought the 2 Mavericks 1st and then bought the Dreamline lite used. I ordered some upgrades, like another power plenum, dual transfer port, heavier hammer spring, and slug probe. I've only had it a few. weeks but I really like it. It has a DonnyFL FX on the end of it with no problems. Not sure how much bigger the barrel can handle though. They have a Dreamline Power pup that I really like and was going to buy it until the deal came up for the Dreamline lite. Plus I wanted something to shoot arrows this fall so I am going to max the power out. I'll finish by saying this, I am completely sold on the Maverick, plus as Steve shows in his video, you can put a Ronin on the end of one with no problem. 

Which Dreamline? They make so many. I have 2 Mavericks in .22cal (Compact and Sniper) and 1 Dreamline lite in .25cal which I really like. The Maverick has more power and is built rock solid. The triggers are about the same. FYI I bought the 2 Mavericks 1st and then bought the Dreamline lite used. I ordered some upgrades, like another power plenum, dual transfer port, heavier hammer spring, and slug probe. I've only had it a few. weeks but I really like it. It has a DonnyFL FX on the end of it with no problems. Not sure how much bigger the barrel can handle though. They have a Dreamline Power pup that I really like and was going to buy it until the deal came up for the Dreamline lite. Plus I wanted something to shoot arrows this fall so I am going to max the power out. I'll finish by saying this, I am completely sold on the Maverick, plus as Steve shows in his video, you can put a Ronin on the end of one with no problem.

Dream tac compact. I have one too and I like it. Also a Mav sniper that I havnt shot yet. 

Did you install heavier hammer spring on the dream tac? What difference did it make?

Dream tac compact. I have one too and I like it. Also a Mav sniper that I havnt shot yet. 

Did you install heavier hammer spring on the dream tac? What difference did it make?

I just recieved it and hadn't installed it yet. I was waiting for the 2nd power plenum to add before putting in the hammer spring. I ordered it from Huma air and it took almost a month to get here. 

If you shooter pellets and light slugs there aren’t much more maverick can offer. Maverick will get you more power for slugs.

I have never shot slugs, dont get the need. What is it, more accurate? faster? cheaper?

slugs has less drag so better at 100 yards and more. For pellets Dreamline is far more than good enough in every possible way. It’s a fantastic gun for the money possibly the best value out there at 1000 dollars. 

If you shooter pellets and light slugs there aren’t much more maverick can offer. Maverick will get you more power for heavier slugs.

qball has a point here.

I have/had both, and the added advantage of available power/adjustability potential in the Maverick is worth the $500. First and foremost is the new plenum capacity and dual regulators that are second to none if you are looking for slug power just below the Impact M3. Reliability and consistency will be far above a DL in the upper ranges (subjective as well), but worth exploring. I kept my Maverick if that means anything...

Patrick

Do they let you compete with slugs? If not then slug accuracy cant do much more than pellets

Pellets for hunting, plinking and even paper is plenty accurate.

I think what they are getting after here is that a lot of the choice here really depends on what you intend to do with it. Can you ever see a situation where you might WANT to shoot longer ranges or put a heavier slug with much higher FPE on any target? Do you intend to only shoot paper, or only shoot starlings/sparrows/squirrels at 50 yards and under? 

Pellets are very accurate even out to 100 or 150 out of a .22, BUT they do shed energy pretty quickly and long range shots may not be enough to put down some varmints. Slugs have an advantage of maintaining energy and they also fight the wind MUCH more than pellets.