• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline tuning

Hi all,

I've just ordered a .22 Dreamline Classic. Synthetic variant, if you're interested. The next shipment of Dreamlines won't be in Australia until December, so I've got a bit of wait on my hands!

My plan is to use the Dreamline almost exclusively at low power for pest control at short distances around buildings. I'd be aiming for around 520 - 540 fps.

Does anybody have much experience of tuning these rifles for low power? Any suggestions as to regulator pressure settings or how else I should be going about this?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Sam

Hey Samuel. I'm in south east Queensland. Where abouts are you based? 

I would say if you have your dreamline set for around 30 FPE with 18.13 grain pellets at full power then low would be right on the low 500's for your pesting. I would recommend using lighter pellets like the 15.9 or 13 grain jsb to keep your velocity up and your energy down. Helps to shoot a bit flatter. The power wheels are slightly different levels but I use an FX Royale 22 for all my pesting and switch from high to low for field/shed work and it is perfect. On low it is about 10.8FPE. If you end up only using it on low then I would suggest lowering you regulator so you are still achieving your minimum velocity while extending your usable shot count. Maybe 80 or 90 bar? 

James.

Hey Samuel. I'm in south east Queensland. Where abouts are you based? 

I would say if you have your dreamline set for around 30 FPE with 18.13 grain pellets at full power then low would be right on the low 500's for your pesting. I would recommend using lighter pellets like the 15.9 or 13 grain jsb to keep your velocity up and your energy down. Helps to shoot a bit flatter. The power wheels are slightly different levels but I use an FX Royale 22 for all my pesting and switch from high to low for field/shed work and it is perfect. On low it is about 10.8FPE. If you end up only using it on low then I would suggest lowering you regulator so you are still achieving your minimum velocity while extending your usable shot count. Maybe 80 or 90 bar? 

James.

That's pretty sound advice, thanks James. My plan is to keep this as my low power machine, so I'll tune to get the highest number of shots per fill, I think. (I had looked at getting a sub-12 PCP like an Air Arms s200 or maybe an HW100, but I figure the Dreamline gives me a lot more options for a similar price). I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

I'm in Melbourne, by the way.

Hey Samuel. Are they sold out of all models? I've been thinking about getting a Classic walnut version. I'm also in Vic, I've spoken to the importer but not recently.

Spoke to them this week, and yep, by all accounts they don't have any. By looking at their website, they still have one or more .25 Streamlines that they're discounting. PM incoming mate.

Hey Samuel. Are they sold out of all models? I've been thinking about getting a Classic walnut version. I'm also in Vic, I've spoken to the importer but not recently.

Spoke to them this week, and yep, by all accounts they don't have any. By looking at their website, they still have one or more .25 Streamlines that they're discounting. PM incoming mate.

I'll take a squizz at the website. Reply sent.