FX FX Dreamline Tactical vs Crown MKII

Comparing the FX DREAMLINE -TACTICAL vs Crown MKII

I want an easy-to-shoot gun with minimal adjustments.
Looking for the possibility of tuning down the power when shooting in sensitive areas, and going full speed the rest of the time.

I have long arms, so the configuring possibilities with the FX Dreamline tactical is better for me.

But the Crown MKII can also be extended and work for me.

What gun would you choose and why?

04.Dreamline-Tactical-II.png

HAM-Crown-1.jpg

Comparing the FX DREAMLINE -TACTICAL vs Crown MKII

I want an easy-to-shoot gun with minimal adjustments.
Looking for the possibility of tuning down the power when shooting in sensitive areas, and going full speed the rest of the time.

I have long arms, so the configuring possibilities with the FX Dreamline tactical is better for me.

But the Crown MKII can also be extended and work for me.

What gun would you choose and why?

04.Dreamline-Tactical-II.png

HAM-Crown-1.jpg
I haven't used either gun . I like the looks of the Crown.

Personally own the crown. One thing to consider is the width of the crown will be significantly larger due to accomodation for the bottle. The two guns are very similar to eachother mechanically, though I think a lot of dreamlines have smaller plenums. Unless it has an additional one added by the user or the factory. This does mean the crown, generally, makes more power easier. But does not mean the crown cannot be turned way down. I have my mk1 380mm .22 setup to shoot 16-32fpe and anywhere inbetween via hammer and port wheel adjustments. But I have had it as high as 65fpe in .22 caliber. (700mm barrel) And 85fpe in 600mm .30

If you want an easy to shoot gun with high adjustability, and extremely good balance/ergonomics, the 380mm synthetic crown is an excellent choice. Sub 7lbs without a sight on it. Closer to 6lbs actually. I know mine with a knockoff acog and small moderator was 7lbs on the dot, and the scope isn't all that light. Normally I have a walnut stock on it for more weight/stability. Think it weighs closer to 9lbs with a full size scope and wood stock, ect.

Last edited:
Reactions: swNCsw and pcpSWE
Which one = Crown .....

Why = I have owned multiple of both . This decision made from a few years of ownership . Either one will work ok . But the Crown will always be my choice between these two as I feel it covers everything the dream tac does and more . I can take the smallest of pest and all the way up to coyotes , hogs and deer with an arrow barrel at close ranges with the crown and have done it lol. Or plink for accuracy and fun . It has a variety not offered by many platforms .

JMHO = Just My Honest Opinion

Based upon your specific needs is the most important thing as to what makes you happy with your pcp . With that in mind there are a whole plethora that may do better for some than others . Just be aware of the excellent marketing and occasional lets say kool-aid or hype type of things lol .

The Crown is my preferred fun pcp platform for alot of VARIETY of fun in one pcp . I have other pcp's for specific task that do better in certain situations but still have a love for the Crowns haha .

Again what do you want to do with yours is the question I would concentrate on lol .

Reactions: keith1 and pcpSWE
I do not enjoy selling things online haha Therefor Bad things happen to parts I have rejected or received in trades that I did not want to use .

I repurpose those rejected parts into fun entertainment for my boredom lol .

The smallest version in still in the works as I liked the ranchero platform of days past but wanted more pumpkin in performance lol .

A couple of pics of the variety of the platform I have come to enjoy .

reduced to 30 percent.jpgreduced micro crown lol.jpgresized with arrows lol project.jpg

I am not finished with the grey as I need to cut a variety of arrows down to pick the length and weight I like best for what I want to use it for and then refinish the stock wich needs some attention but you can get the jist of it from the photo lol .

I have 1 crown that never changes and stays the same always . The other can be played with haha . :coffee:

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
How does the dreamlike have that many more? That's wild. 25 is a lot still. I've had very few issues with my crown over 6yrs or so. Estimate maybe 15k rounds thru it.

close enough but not always exact depending on what models throughout the platforms lol .

orings for the dreamline lol.PNGorings in a crown.PNG

in a game of horse shoe it would work haha .

I know right !! Lol :coffee:

============

Edited here === lol I often feel that the newer people fail to take this oring example presented by DNF into consideration sometimes before they decide on a pcp that works for them . Which is why it is so nice to be able to come here on AGN and ask questions to all the awesome people we have access to lol . I am thankful for them .

Also the junk box parts on the mini crown were created for something to ride around on the truck seat and in the cab of the tractor when farting around or mowing haha .
:coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Not gona lie, the mini crowns are sweet. I've contemplated doing a Sabre airtube one, but I just don't have the funds to burn like that. And also I have absolutely no need for it 😅 but it sure would be cool.

Not sure if the barrels are shrouded but if not, the bark has to be pretty mean. I have an old smooth twist barrel I run sometimes with no shroud (impact mk1 before liners were a thing) its 500mm and turned all the way up still makes quite a blast.