FX Dreamline Tactical .25

My FX Streamline .22 has given me a lot of fun and... headaches. Now, it is tuned and accurate. When I say accurate, I mean it is consistently shooting .4 to .7 inch groups at 50m (54 yards), depending on weather conditions.

But I wanted to try something else. Because when you read this forum and see all the fantastic tuning that many of you have achieved, you get obsessed by the idea of doing/trying more.

So what? I had been looking at the Dreamline Tactical for quite a while, with an idea in mind: having a good tune for the local 100m (109 yards) range. So I finally decided to buy the gun after I figured out what my ideal config had to be:

• .25 cal
  • With 480cc carbon-fiber bottle
  • With FX plenum extension
  • Accu-Tac SR-5 G2 (since it has longer legs than the BR-4)
  • Saber Tactical bottle clamp w/ picatinny rail
  • CARM single shot loader
  • Wika reg gauge
  • Element Optics scope (either the Helix or the Titan... not sure yet)
  • Adjustable rifle stock Luth-AR MBA-1 (can be used with a rear sandbag)

Want to see pics? Nooo. Not now. With this $*# virus, international deliveries take soooo much time. CARM SSL, Luth-AR stock, PatchWorm .25 kit are still on their way. And the E.O. scopes are not gonna be available before mid-may. Nevertheless, I can already say that it's gonna be a pure beauty :)

S.

It took a few weeks to get all the components for the new DL-Tac .25. And some time to tune it with the plenum extension. I'm using the optic of my Streamline because the Helix has not shipped yet.

I've set the regulator pressure to 125 bars to shoot the JSB King 25.49 gr at ~911 fps (2.5% below the plateau velocity). ES for 26 shots is 11 fps. ES% is 1.2%.

Shot the very first groups @52 yards this morning (5 rounds each). Looks quite promising. Group #1 was not good but I suspect that the first 3 shots were are at higher pressure... I wouldn't be surprised to see this phenomenon for few weeks until the regulator is broken in.

After group #1 and #2, I corrected the windage, that's why groups #3 and #4 shifted to the right.

1589718108_641697545ec12c5c306607.53302614.jpg

1589718124_16967769845ec12c6ca2be34.02092008.jpg

1589718143_7572560405ec12c7fadaa76.61327659.jpg

Very nice! I've got this same setup without the Wika Gauge, or Element scope. I'm looking to buy an Element scope - which did you go with? How do you like it?

I was thinking about a bottle clamp (picatinny) for my bipod but I'm wary of putting all that pressure (weight) of the gun on the bottle and damaging the seal or rings. What has your experience been with the clamp? I'm trying to get around that by finding a picatinny rail extension (for the original rail) that will give me enough clearance to get by that bottle. Any suggestions?

Helix. I don't need an SFP optic. Haven't received it yet. As far as I know, the stores don't have it in their stock yet. I suspect that there is some delay caused by the virus crisis. "On paper", the Helix has great specs. Looking forward to testing it on my DL.

Re/ the bottle clamp, I agree with you. Yesterday, I decided I would not use it for the following reasons:

a) I noticed there was a scratch on my fiber-carbon bottle. The scratch was made by the little metallic plate they put at the base of the clamp. Poor drilling precision. The clamp itself looks great though.

b) IMO, there is too much stress on specific spots of the bottle instead of on its entire surface.

c) IMO, there is too much stress on the attachment point to the receiver when this type of bipod mounting system is used.

You should look at what blkbagger did some time ago: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/fx-dreamline-tactical-for-100-yard-benchrest-shooting/

This setup + the AccuTac should make the DL a more stable platform for long range shooting.

I consider doing something similar but with a 30mm carbon-fiber tube. Just have to find one that is stiff enough to support the weight.

Thanks stephfx. I'm glad we agree on the bottle clamp not being the best choice. I am looking for a picatinny extension similar to the one on offer for the Impact. I'll let you know what I come up with. The existing bottom rail is just not far enough forward for my liking.

I'm going to try your settings out on my Tac, looks like you are getting good results. I just got mine so it's not fully broken in yet - still getting jumpy chrony readings, need for that to settle down.

How many shots are you getting on a fill before falling off the regulator? I haven't installed my plenum yet, was it difficult to tune after you installed it? What kind of gains did you get from the plenum in regards to fps/fpe and shot count?