FX Dreamline Tac Compact .25 cal.

It is great to get back to airgun again after I sold most of my airguns (only keep the Theoben Rapid MK2) to switch to fishing. 

While waiting for my new FX Impact MK2 (on order), I saw this gun is available from the same airgun dealer so I ordered it too. First impression, this gun is nice but it doesn’t seem as “heavy duty” as my Impact MK1 (sold). It is a compact version but it is long, especially with a DonnyFL KOI at the end of the barrel. Currently the gun is set (from dealer) to shoot JSB Exact King 25.39gr at 850fps. I feel it is a bit slow. The optional $49 buttstock is hard (not recommended). A Hogue black overmolded buttstock is on the way. According to the dealer, the newer Dreamline’s power knob will no longer has the Low/.17-.22/.25-.30 marking on it. It will simply come with Low/Medium/High marking.

For the power setting, what do you guys set to achieve the optimal performance (fps) of this rifle? I love to shoot this rifle at 900fps or higher if possible. Thanks, 

34303BA1-F3B6-4B96-B712-BB19A517DDFD.1604820730.jpeg

I warned you in your last topic about shooting slugs that the gun is no powerhouse. You are right where you should be power wise and that giant can on the end of your barrel is overkill. A Tatsu or Huggett will work fine. Remember it’s all about barrel length. Your Impacts barrel starts by your cheek, this gun doesn’t. I kept my gun short by building a functioning shroud. 
72A9D2AC-C106-46BE-8070-700DAD671375.1604841522.png

Qball and Vetmx....Thanks guys!

Nice set up Vetmx.👍

For the the Dreamline, I was just curious on how people set up the powers for their guns. I will mainly shoot pellet out of this baby and I prefer Hades. I had another FX Impact .25 cal with 700mm on order and this gun will be my slug gun with a superior slug liner. I tried shooting Hades yesterday from my Dreamline and it seems like the pellet was a bit heavy for the speed (850fps) so I thought I could safely increase the speed a bit. The current barrel length is 480mm. Buying a longer barrel is another option but I don't want a 600mm barrel on this rifle...too long. For the moderator, I like the one with a slimmer body so Tanto and KOI were my choice. I picked the KOI just for the look of it (😁).