• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline mystery tube extension

I ordered a Lane regulator for my new FX Dreamline, but upon setting about installing it I discovered I apparently have a non-standard situation (Robert Lane says he's done hundreds of Dreamlines and never seen what I have). The factory regulator in my gun looks nothing like the factory regulator I've seen pictures of (in fact it doesn't even look like a regulator, but it did function as one, albeit poorly). Lane recommends I do away with the short extension part that includes the factory regulator and install his regulator in the airtube in normal fashion, or return it for a different regulator that would fit in the extension tube piece where the factory regulator is currently. I think I prefer the former option, but I'm curious from this knowledgeable community what it is I have here, and what is my best option for installing an aftermarket regulator? Does this extra extension tube piece have some cool aftermarket use? My reservoir tube measures about 14 1/8" long (or 35.5 cm) long. Is that the normal length or is this a short tube to accomodate that middle extension piece? (measured without the fill end screwed on). Thanks for any info!

1657035941276.png

Looks like that is an aftermarket power plenum to me. Dont quote me though. If that is the case the regulator would just install in normal fashion ahead of that extension in the factory fx tube. I believe all the plenum does is increase air space behind the reg.

I just noticed the vent hole in the plenum which im not sure about. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Upon closer inspection I see that when the regulator adjuster is removed, what is under it is a small post with a stack of tiny bellevilles on it, so I would hazard that the entire assembly, tube included, is basically the regulator, just not one that I've seen mentioned online before. This gun is only a few months old, maybe it's a new regulator style they're making? Well in any case I'm thinking I'll just remove the thing and install the Lane in the main air reservoir tube. I wonder though, is the main air reservoir tube length I have standard, or is it also an oddball? I measure it at (as mentioned in my original post) as about 350mm long or 14 1/8" long (not counting the fill end piece, just the tube itself).

Thank you for the phone number. I called. They didn't know much about it either beyond that this is indeed a new version of regulator. I would hazard that it's much less expensive to manufacture than the previous factory regulator. I experienced fairly wide shot variance, as much as 50-60 fps at times (at other times much tighter, but unpredictable), hence why I bought an after market regulator. So now I ordered one of those 100 mm extension tubes with the idea of drilling the vent hole in that for the Lane regulator, get higher shot count, and if I don't like it I didn't drill the main reservoir tube and I could go back to the factory setup. Although I won't. It's nice to have options though :)