FX FX Dreamline little improvements

This is a project I wanted to do for a long time . The dreamline is a fine gun , but for me there were two defaults : there was no accesss to the reg and to the hammer spring bolt without removing the stock. So I decided to drill a hole in the stock to reach the reg screw and to enlarge the hole at the back to give access to the spring bolt. In the first picture I show the measurements for the reg hole ; this is the most difficult job , better to go slowly , take measurements carefully . Begin with a 3mm diameter drill and try to see where the reg hole is , then enlarge with a little round file until you can reach the reg screw with an allen key. Hole must be drilled with an angle of about 20° up from the horizontal.
For the hammer bolt , just file down into the stock until you can insert a key to turn the bolt . You may begin with a rasp to go faster , then finish with a file;
Put some wood oil in both holes ......the job is done :).

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2246.JPG

Reactions: gendoc
Down side of adjusting hammer spring on a Dreamline classic is the adjustment screw is just too loose. From factory there is loctite but once loosened the adjustment nut doesn’t seem to stay put. You either need to add loctite or add a jamnut, my recommendation is make a jamnut with a bigger sized Allen key hole so you can adjust both.

Last edited:
This is a project I wanted to do for a long time . The dreamline is a fine gun , but for me there were two defaults : there was no accesss to the reg and to the hammer spring bolt without removing the stock. So I decided to drill a hole in the stock to reach the reg screw and to enlarge the hole at the back to give access to the spring bolt. In the first picture I show the measurements for the reg hole ; this is the most difficult job , better to go slowly , take measurements carefully . Begin with a 3mm diameter drill and try to see where the reg hole is , then enlarge with a little round file until you can reach the reg screw with an allen key. Hole must be drilled with an angle of about 20° up from the horizontal.
For the hammer bolt , just file down into the stock until you can insert a key to turn the bolt . You may begin with a rasp to go faster , then finish with a file;
Put some wood oil in both holes ......the job is done :).

View attachment 450865

View attachment 450866
You could have avoided drilling for the reg. screw by backing the air tube out just enough to make the reg. visible outside the stock. The tube still seals on the o-ring and you will hardly see the gap since the threads are so fine. PLUS… if you add a plenum, you can just re-do the adjustment. No extra holes. This has been discussed on the forum previously. It‘s not my original idea.

I have three Dreamlines and a tube Wildcat that have the air tube backed out enough to make reg. adjustment without removing the stock.

Reactions: Loff and aldea6
Down side of adjusting hammer spring on a Dreamline classic is the adjustment screw is just too loose. From factory there is loctite but once loosened the adjustment nut doesn’t seem to stay put. You either need to add loctite or add a jamnut, my recommendation is make a jamnut with a bigger sized Allen key hole so you can adjust both.

Reactions: aldea6 and qball

Downside of that brass jam it has a same or smaller Allen key hole than the factory adjustment nut. This means you have to take the stock AND the jamnut off to adjust the preload but. I didn’t invent this, Crosman has 2 size Allen key to adjust hammer preload and hammer throw without take apart the gun.

Downside of that brass jam it has a same or smaller Allen key hole than the factory adjustment nut. This means you have to take the stock AND the jamnut off to adjust the preload but. I didn’t invent this, Crosman has 2 size Allen key to adjust hammer preload and hammer throw without take apart the gun.
Yup, doesn’t solve removing the stock. Once I found my final setting I added the jam nut and buttoned it up.

Reactions: qball
Yup, doesn’t solve removing the stock. Once I found my final setting I added the jam nut and buttoned it up.

Yes but that doesn’t help with OP’s desire to adjust the gun without taking off the stock and drilled a hole to do so. Granted I don’t think it’s hard or big deal to take off the stock but that’s not what OP wanted.

Hope ernest/newman @Sniperlabyo2 can make a jamnut with bigger Allen keyhole. Should be easy to do and much bigger market now.

Last edited:
You could have avoided drilling for the reg. screw by backing the air tube out just enough to make the reg. visible outside the stock. The tube still seals on the o-ring and you will hardly see the gap since the threads are so fine. PLUS… if you add a plenum, you can just re-do the adjustment. No extra holes. This has been discussed on the forum previously. It‘s not my original idea.

I have three Dreamlines and a tube Wildcat that have the air tube backed out enough to make reg. adjustment without removing the stock.
Did the exact same thing with my dual regulated Dreamline in GRS stock. Did not want to drill holes to that nice stock.
But still wondering should I drill hole for hammer spring adjustment.

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8549.jpeg