• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline Lite - Questions for Owners

I'm looking at purchasing a FX Dreamline Lite (high-power - FAC version) in .22 with the 500mm barrel but have a couple of questions before I pull the proverbial trigger:

1.- Report - is the Dreamline "backyard friendly" at the lowest power settings? I don't have the option of fitting a moderator (prohibited in my country) so in the spirit of keeping good neighbor relations, I'd like it to be as quiet as possible. I have a Career 707 and even at the lowest power settings, it has quite a bark.

2. - Power Adjustability - can the high-power version Dreamline be turned down and tuned to shoot lighter pellets (e.g. 14.3 grain) in the 600-700 fps range? I will be using it to occasionally hunt small game but the majority of time it will be used for target shooting in the 20-30 meter range so lower power settings are desirable.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Noise-wise, it's not bad. It's not dead silent. My Avenger is noisier. This is purely my opinion - I don't have any quantitative data.

Power-wise: in my personal experience, the Dreamline can be tuned to shoot 14.3s at 750-ish fps. This was with my 600mm barrel. I know you can adjust the shorter 320mm barrel to 700 fps. For the 600mm the regulator was adjusted to 110 bar, and the hammer spring was adjusted to...somewhere. MIN gave me the 14.3 numbers, setting the adjuster to 4 gave me ~880 fps with 15.89 pellets, and MAX let me shoot JSB 18.1 pellets at 880. Using hammer spring adjustments to decrease velocity did seem to increase the shot string's standard deviation. Which, from what I've read about tuning in rsterne's classic articles about tuning regulated airguns, is expected.

Note: I did not try to reach 700 fps with the 14.3 pellets. My objective was to tune the JSB 18.1s to 880-ish, and the ability to dial the hammer spring down to shoot other weights at that speed was a bonus.

With a 500mm length barrel, you are likely on the edge of 'backyard friendly'. The extra shroud volume of a 600mm barrel is quieter. And the lower you tune the power, the quieter the gun will be.

You can likely tune the Dreamline as low on power as you like, with the available externally adjustable regulator, transfer port wheel and hammer spring wheel. Especially with the shorter length 500mm barrel.

One thing I will mention about the DL Lite model is the stock. Have you handled one before? I really didn't like the stock. A little too flexy for me to ever feel like I could get the gun solid and stable. Just a thought from my perspective. The DreamTact handled much better to me.

With a 500mm length barrel, you are likely on the edge of 'backyard friendly'. The extra shroud volume of a 600mm barrel is quieter. And the lower you tune the power, the quieter the gun will be.

You can likely tune the Dreamline as low on power as you like, with the available externally adjustable regulator, transfer port wheel and hammer spring wheel. Especially with the shorter length 500mm barrel.

One thing I will mention about the DL Lite model is the stock. Have you handled one before? I really didn't like the stock. A little too flexy for me to ever feel like I could get the gun solid and stable. Just a thought from my perspective. The DreamTact handled much better to me.
Mine is the Lite. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I dislike it, but you're right in that the stock is a little flexible. The picatinny rail on the DreamTact gives you more scope positioning options.

I always forget I even have that transfer port adjustment - I leave it at max and adjust at the regulator. I accidently turned it down a while back, and found out that it definitely works.

I'm looking at purchasing a FX Dreamline Lite (high-power - FAC version) in .22 with the 500mm barrel but have a couple of questions before I pull the proverbial trigger:

1.- Report - is the Dreamline "backyard friendly" at the lowest power settings? I don't have the option of fitting a moderator (prohibited in my country) so in the spirit of keeping good neighbor relations, I'd like it to be as quiet as possible. I have a Career 707 and even at the lowest power settings, it has quite a bark.

2. - Power Adjustability - can the high-power version Dreamline be turned down and tuned to shoot lighter pellets (e.g. 14.3 grain) in the 600-700 fps range? I will be using it to occasionally hunt small game but the majority of time it will be used for target shooting in the 20-30 meter range so lower power settings are desirable.

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.
I have the.25 and it is whisper quiet. The power settings on mine hi 950fps mid 900fps low 650fps so yes the low setting takes alot out of it. Enjoy it P.S. buy more pellets than you think you should you'll need them.

Reactions: sonny24422