• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX dreamline knobs dials and meaning.

Ok got my fx dreamtac coming, changed the order a bit dropped the 500cc bottle and stuck with the tube, added a plenum barrel band and single shot tray instead. Correct me if im wrong with the below statements.

The AMP simply says at what psi/bar the air will be when it leaves the bottle, right?

the dial with the low/.177.22/25.30 settings is simply an aperture or hole size for the air to travel through?

the spring dial with the high low and 12345 are just hammer spring tensions and the higher the tension the harder it hits the valve and the more air comes out?

how does the plenum play into all this?

Ive tried some google searches, and im at work for the next 12 hours so IT has a lot of stuff blocked, b ut are my statements right, can anyone add to it or link me a forum post or sight ro do more reading? lots of sites with the word gun or related to shooting are blocked. ive got hours to read so anything is welcomed lol.

You are correct on your understanding of the dials. The reg pressure gauge actually shows the pressure of the air in the plenum. It comes with a plenum, I just don't know the actual volume. The Power Plenum just increases the volume of air that is at the regulated pressure. That higher volume of air is said to increase velocity.

From personal experience, just adding the Power Plenum may or may not do anything without tuning the rifle. When I added it to my Dream Classic, it actually lowered the velocity. I have to increase the regulator pressure and fine tune the hammer spring tension to see a significant increase in velocity.

I also have a Dream-Tact coming, but I went with the 500cc bottle for the increased shot count. I also got the 580cc CF bottle, a power plenum and the folding stock adapter from the Compact to put on it when it arrives.