FX Dreamline hammer spring

I have a .22 cal. Dreamline Tac that I'm trying to tune for both pellets and slugs. For 20.2 gr. NSA slugs I set the reg at 130 bar and for 18.1 JSB pellets 105 bar. For the pellets the setup works fine - 875 -920 fps. For the slugs, I'm only getting about 850 fps. Should I consider putting in the heavy hammer spring for increased speed for the slugs? How would that affect performance of the pellets? I'm also running the new FX 23 step power wheel.

I have a 177 cal Dreamline Tact that I bought as a compact. This had a 300 mm bbl and the best I could get out of 10.3 gr pellets was 895 fps. Thats with a dual TP. I then installed a 500 mm bbl and speed went up 100 fps with the single TP. With the current hammer spring, power is limited and it needs a stronger spring and possibly heavier hammer weights. Get a slug kit which should have all those parts.

jasmlowe,

I have a 500 mm barrel and two power plenums.

Special-FX,

You mention heavier hammer weight. Is this in addition to a heavier hammer spring? Also, I noticed your avatar. Is that barrel band on a Dreamline? If so, where did you get it?

I have a Dreamline 25cal. I used a Huma pin probe, with a Dual transfer port, along with a Huma hammer spring. Mine is a 25cal so it already has the heavier hammer weight. FX will send you one for free if it is still under warranty. If not, it think its $7. It will do more than the hammer spring. Plus it will allow you to bump the reg up high enough to get 50 foot pounds, because the power plenums will help, but not without a heavier hammer weight. 

You should be able to run 150 bar reg pressure with the factory hammer weight and spring. If you watch any of the FX Master Class videos Ernest runs the reg at 150 bar when he tunes for power. You should not run a heavy hammer spring or hammer on a low reg pressure. Your biggest obstacle is the 300mm barrel. Put a plenum on it and jump the reg pressure up and you will see a nice velocity increase.

The Huma heavy duty hammer spring gave me about 35fps increase over the oem spring, 177 gun shooting 13.43gr slugs and pellets, about 25fps with 16.2gr pellets. Running 155bar on the regulator.
I ordered that Huma so called heavy duty spring.. when it came in it was the same length and wire diameter as what was it.. I installed it and didn't gain enough to mention... My biggest gain was a heavier hammer weight..

I ordered that Huma so called heavy duty spring.. when it came in it was the same length and wire diameter as what was it.. I installed it and didn't gain enough to mention... My biggest gain was a heavier hammer weight..
Must have been a mix-up at Huma because the one I got was considerably heavier gauge wire than the oem spring

Reactions: Jasonmc