• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline hammer removal

Anyone ever changed the hammer in their FX dreamline classic?, probably not different than the other dreamlines but maybe.
What I'm curious about does the trigger have to be removed to get the hammer out?
My gun isn't the newest version, about 2.5yrs old.

Hammer or hammer weight? The weight will slide out after removing the adjuster. The hammer does not.

Reactions: qball
Hammer weight, I bought a 14g weight to replace the oem weight. My gun has the thin power wheel with 1-2-3 dots.
So to exchange the weight I remove the small screw on the right side of the gun and pull the power wheel out on the left side?
Feels like it has a spring loaded detent when turning the wheel, does it fall out?

Last edited:
Yes I've seen it but he doesn't go over the details of removing it from the gun, other video's say removing the hammer weight from the carrier is a simple as sliding it out, some video's say the trigger must be removed others not. Looking for first hand experience to clarify what is involved in exchanging the hammer weight for a heavier one, I'd rather not have to disassemble the gun only to find out it wasn't nessasary.

Yes I've seen it but he doesn't go over the details of removing it from the gun, other video's say removing the hammer weight from the carrier is a simple as sliding it out, some video's say the trigger must be removed others not. Looking for first hand experience to clarify what is involved in exchanging the hammer weight for a heavier one, I'd rather not have to disassemble the gun only to find out it wasn't nessasary.
To remove hammer (with hammer weight), You need to remove trigger assembly. Trigger sear wont let hammer to slide out. Hammer weight can be changed without getting hammer out.

bottled classic looks great (y)and will be interesting to see the removable cap mods,
is it a 480cc bottle and how much did it improve the shot count
Thanks, went from 26 shots {two 13 shot magazines} to six magazines {78 shots}. Could probably shoot another 8 shots to bring it down to 160bar but 78 shots is plenty between fill-ups.

Reactions: weehooker
So I removed the hammer weight today, it follows the spring out and doesn't require removing the trigger.
The original hammer weight is about 11.5grams, the heavier one is 13.8. I installed it and tried some different tensions all the way to maxed out but all the velocities were lower with it installed, the best speeds are with the Huma heavy spring and original hammer weight,