FX Fx dreamline fx crown barrel compatibility

Hello, im trying to find a 700mm .30 barrel for my fx dreamline power pup. Would a 700mm .30 crown barrel work if i use the shroud of my 700mm .25 barrel that i already own?
Short answer is no lol .

IMG_20231205_210447418.jpgIMG_20231205_210500134.jpgIMG_20231205_210516552_HDR.jpg

As stated in the other thread I answered in a pic goes along way .

Red = The shrouds/barrel housings are different diameters on the dreamline , crown , impact . As mentioned in the other thread there are several different iterations of these through out the years so it complicates things a lil haha . you can see the size varience in the red circled above in the current crown , dreamline , impact systems . You mentioned you were having a hard time finding the .30 caliber 700 mm . you could if you had to with very little modification use a impact barrel on your power pup and get bye the diameter of the barrel housing will be smaller than the dreamline shroud on the ul barrels but it would work if you get desperate .

orange = These small plastic disc are different sizes in the dreamlite and crown shrouds . you can see how different in the third picture they are also caliber specific . In the earliest versions on the dreamline before the skinny shrouds came out they were the same but as always fx canged that haha. It is hard to keep up with at times due to all the changes .

yellow = the liner retention pieces are all caliber specific . you would as madeintheuk mentioned above need to obtain these plus make sure the exit piece marked in green did not clip on a .30 caliber pellet . I say this because again it has changed multiple times throughout haha. you need the specific disk as well for the .30 caliber liner . the ul system and the older one is pictured above as well the impact barrels still use the older version to an extent.

green = This is not without several versions as well . the lower green one circled chan be changed according to caliber and is an example of a newer one. the ones in green circled in the upper right of the pics are fixed caliber and require the correct one. Also in some of the older ones they were universal in a .30 cal diameter haha.

I am not very good at typing online and am sub par in communicating so I apologize for that . I hop[e this helps you a little and hey either way I tried haha. You have a great evening Sir. :LOL::coffee:(y)

I also found it difficult for my finite self to communicate with you in three different threads for the same question haha.

Thank you both, this was extremly helpful and I apologize for 3 different threads i have only made a few posts since i joined over the summer so i appreciate your patience and time you put into your response. Now for my second question, if you where in my predicament.. would you buy the caliber change kit or would you just get a fx impact barrel kit and deal with the loose shroud? If i got the huma caliber change kit that would allow me to buy whatver .30 liner i wanted but would just have to track down the orange pieces?

Reactions: swNCsw
buy this (y) less length less potential harmonic interference to adjust out lol . more forgiving in the tuning haha

it gets you close to your goal or post a wtb in the classifieds and be extra cautious for the scammers lol. The supply is short at the moment but I do not foresee the dreamline getting any love in the future therefore making it more difficult to obtain parts . They already discounted the barrel kits from the original prices that should tell you something right there in my opinion . They appear to be focusing on newer more high power options and models. :coffee:

Last edited:
Well, the reason i want the 700mm .30 is the added extra power, what would you guestimate the fps difference is between 600 and 700mm with your experience? Im kinda leaning towards the huma caliber change kit since it comes with the newer free flow or whatever they call it valve and i can opt to pay extra for a pin probe.
Was really happy with it in .25 super accurate i primarily use this gun for hunting varmints but even slinging 34 grain pellets at 900 fps long story(ies) short ive decided to no longer hunt with it until i make the upgrade. I dont like wounding animals with perfect placed shots and thats whats happening.
If i do go this route with the huma caliber change and change my 700mm .25 to .30 I would just need to buy:
The huma kit
The liner (barrel)
Sleeve for the liner
And the muzzle end cap?
Anything else im forgetting that you mentioned already?
Have a good evening

Well, the reason i want the 700mm .30 is the added extra power,

Was really happy with it in .25 super accurate i primarily use this gun for hunting varmints but even slinging 34 grain pellets at 900 fps long story(ies) short ive decided to no longer hunt with it until i make the upgrade. I dont like wounding animals with perfect placed shots and thats whats happening.

Have a good evening

This is a very similar reason I keep all my hunting around 50 yards and under with pellets for the most part . I challenge myself by getting close and taking precision shots or I let it walk until I can achieve this scenario. I am in no rush at all ever when I am hunting. :coffee:

I dont shoot at anything farther than 50. Ive knocked out 2 coyotes at 30 yards, head shot a raccon at the same distance and it didn't completely kill it. Thats when i set the rifle down for now. Thought about switching to slugs but they dont seem to he as accurate from everything ive read/watched.. the raccons ive gootten that take more than one shot, i skin the pelts and pellets fall out of the hides. (granted they have as much fat on them as a whale here in ny this time of year)

go for a penetration based pellet on the coons with the head shot and make sure the angle of impact is there as to prevent a ricochet . They are super tough little guys as I am sure you are aware of haha . They usually still do the death dance kicking even when taken with a well placed head/brain shot lol. Like a snake/chicken will still move around or run around when you take it's head . ;)

Reactions: wickedwoods