FX Dreamline + Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum

Well, I found myself not wanting to shoot my coveted 18.31gr JSBs today so I pulled out the trusty Red, White and Blue Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum 14.3gr pellets. I’ve never shot them from my Dreamline Classic .22 so I didn’t know what to expect. My tune is currently shooting the JSB 18.13gr at 900fps. I knew that was going to spit the CPs too fast so I turned my transfer port setting to low. Well, what do you know! One ragged hole at 25 and 3/4 at 50. Obviously cheaper pellets are going to send flyers, but hey, I’m back to cheap plinking. I’m not sure the velocity, I’ll get that at a later date. Failed to mention I’m using a superior liner. Not sure if that makes a difference. Anyway, I’m happy as can be. 

I love crosman premier pellets. I use them for tuning and for all my backyard plinking. I shoot the premium stuff at competitive events or when I need to impress a new shooter and make them get the PCap bug. I have experienced bad batches but last year I bought a tin from Walmart and noticed they were brand new shiny and the line on the sides where the mould breaks was almost invisible. I figured they replaced thier dies and ordered thousands of round of crosman premier ultra magnums and sure enough they were way better than they had been for the last couple years previous. Honestly I have to go out past 50yards to tell any difference between them and jsb or fx. I love high value items. No airgun elitist attitude here! They also have better penetration for hunting which is good some of the time. When I need to prevent pass through I use polymags or something with softer lead. Crosman uses some kind of alloy that makes it harder. 

6E52D572-D2E1-4D88-9E10-4C89C365E9D1.1642290746.jpeg
937A0257-88B9-419D-8A1D-799BECFB585E.1642290747.jpeg
Orange target is 5 at 25, white paper is 5 at 50. 50 is a 5 shot L shaped group. The lowest one was not part of the group.