FX Dreamline Compact Tactical .22

I 3D printed some gauge protectors for the DCT today. All that chrome bling was detracting from the tactical look!

1591837996_7493896745ee1852c7485b0.67657253.jpg

1591838015_3083878025ee1853fccf8e8.18048516.jpg

1591838031_912914905ee1854f7f4d55.28583230.jpg

Well since this seems to be an active topic, I would like to know how everyone's gun is holding its zero. My gun seems overly sensitive no matter what barrel I have on it. Maybe its because I have gotten used to my other guns platforms that have don't have so much barrel out waving in the wind. I could fall down a flight of stairs with my Taipan or Priest, get up, dust myself off and smack a penny at 50yrds. My Dreamtac seems to get traumatized much easier. It seems like I am always making adjustments to my POI. But once set for that day, its deadly accurate.

Carbon fiber sleeve the liner. Doubles the stiffness.

Reactions: monstr2
Ok, 300cc bottle arrived today. Installed it and fits like a glove! Did not even had to remove the spacer. the Sumo seems to be no problem! at all

Shot count is now around 50.

Only drawback is you loose most of the pressure if you screw/unscrew a pressurized bottle, but I can live with that.

Fixed the spacer with some carbon wrapping so it does not stick out so much..... happy with the result!

1591989996_12220347315ee3d6ec5d5704.68126222.JPG

1591990069_15467275225ee3d73518dd41.15057302.JPG

1591990028_19833129755ee3d70cc9c897.60234521.JPG

Ok, 300cc bottle arrived today. Installed it and fits like a glove! Did not even had to remove the spacer. the Sumo seems to be no problem! at all

Shot count is now around 50.

Only drawback is you loose most of the pressure if you screw/unscrew a pressurized bottle, but I can live with that.

Fixed the spacer with some carbon wrapping so it does not stick out so much..... happy with the result!

Glad to see this works out well for you. 

BTW, many of you already have CF bottle...has anyone's tried filling their CF bottle to 250 BAR? Since FX Dream-Tact Bottle spec. say fill pressure: 250 BAR, I wonder if it's safe/oaky after replacing the bottle. Thx

My CF bottles say 300b but I know my AMP reg is designed to safely function at 250b. So that’s what I fill my gun to.

Yeah, I always fill my 480 cc to 250 BAR. Never had a problem. The reg is fully capable and the bottle is rated above that fill. Have removed and replaced the bottle numerous times, again no issues.

Thank you.

I noticed my Best Fittings CF tank loses all its air when I remove it also. Is this a problem with the valve? The stock 170cc cylinder doesn't lose air, nor does the 580cc CF tank I have when I convert it to a Dream-Tac. I sent a message to Best Fittings today to ask if this is normal. I wonder if they may have had a bad batch of valves? I'll let you know what I find out...

UPDATE! My 300cc is now holding air when I remove it. I just topped it off to 250 bar and removed it from my DTC. I taped a rubber glove over the valve opening to test for leakage, but so far, so good.

What I did was use a Q-Tip to clean the inside of area where the valve is located and then applied a couple drops of RWS Silicone oil around the base of the valve stem I then attached it to the DTC and filled it to 1000 psi and quickly removed it. As it was leaking air, I pressed against the valve poppet a couple times with a 6mm T Handle hex wrench. This opened it enough to allow the air to be released very quickly. Be sure it's not pointing toward your face when doing this. I then repeated this 2 more times and each time the leak slowed even more. After the 3rd time there was too much pressure left in the tank for me to open the valve, so I taped the rubber glove to the end and let it sit for an hour.

Since it didn't seem to be leaking any more, I put it back on the the DTC and filled it to 250 bar, removed it and now have it sitting overnight to test for leakage. I suspect there was some debris in the valve that was stopping it from closing all the way. Opening the valve under the lower pressure blew whatever crap was in there out and cleaned the valve seat area. The last time I filled to 1000 psi, it released very little air as I removed it, and there was enough pressure remaining in the tank that I could not open the valve by just pressing against the valve with he hex wrench. After filling it to 250 bar, I removed it quickly and it only had a quick puff of air before the valve closed, so I am hopeful it's now fixed.

i like the smaller tank i seen a video where earnest row did same thing used a ebay bottle on this rifle top pict where did you buy the check valve to go in the ebay tank does a person haft to use the fx check valve https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoors-Paintball-30MPa-0-22L-Carbon-Fiber-Air-Tank-CE-M18x1-5-Thread-Cylinder/373070464727?hash=item56dcbb86d7:g:TxUAAOSwXmF i think this one the right one 0.22l i think this one is same tank as pict up top it does not come with check valve looks like this was earenst used also it barley clears the larger shroude 

Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but do you still need one of these things in order to be able to use one of these carbon fiber buddy bottles?

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/FX_Dream_Lite_Dream_Tac_Bottle_Adapter/9101 

Or if you have a DTC, can you just buy the buddy bottle with valve and screw it in?

If your gun is a "Compact, NO additional "bottle adapter" is needed. You can replace the OEM bottle with a BestFittings buddy bottle with FX valve.

Reactions: Pizzaman2976
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but do you still need one of these things in order to be able to use one of these carbon fiber buddy bottles?

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/FX_Dream_Lite_Dream_Tac_Bottle_Adapter/9101 

Or if you have a DTC, can you just buy the buddy bottle with valve and screw it in?

If your gun is a "Compact, NO additional "bottle adapter" is needed. You can replace the OEM bottle with a BestFittings buddy bottle with FX valve.

Thank you! 

I know this is an older thread, but it contains a great deal of valuable information concerning mods to the Dream Tac and Dream Tac Compact. I have learned a lot, but haven't read all 9 pages thoroughly. 

I have a question that may have been answered above, but I didn't see it. I have a Dream Tac (standard, not compact) with a .22 500 mm barrel and 480 cc bottle. Can I convert this to a "compact" by using the FX Dreamline .22 380 mm barrel kit and replacing my 480 bottle with a Best Fittings 300 cc bottle? Will that barrel work with the 300 cc bottle (clearance, etc)? I just want something shorter and lighter and hope this will do it.

Thank you for insight and inputs. I appreciate any thoughts you can offer on this.

I know this is an older thread, but it contains a great deal of valuable information concerning mods to the Dream Tac and Dream Tac Compact. I have learned a lot, but haven't read all 9 pages thoroughly. 

I have a question that may have been answered above, but I didn't see it. I have a Dream Tac (standard, not compact) with a .22 500 mm barrel and 480 cc bottle. Can I convert this to a "compact" by using the FX Dreamline .22 380 mm barrel kit and replacing my 480 bottle with a Best Fittings 300 cc bottle? Will that barrel work with the 300 cc bottle (clearance, etc)? I just want something shorter and lighter and hope this will do it.

Thank you for insight and inputs. I appreciate any thoughts you can offer on this.

I know a few people using Best Fittings 300cc bottle on their "Compact" (with shorter 380mm barrel.) There are many photos in previous pages. 

I also heard that FX will release a new slimmer 380mm barrel...hopefully soon. You may be able to keep the 4800cc bottle on the gun.

References: 

https://youtu.be/O0wW9LneQQc?t=37

and https://youtu.be/XlSYsintpCw?t=3

@DatsKindaSig : The new barrel looks great, but it seems the purpose is to allow the use of the power plenum and a 300 cc bottle. If it is as thin as the 500 mm I currently have though, it should fit the 480 cc bottle. Now it's just the wait for the new barrel to be released, and see if that is so.

Thanks very much for the info and links. Very helpful.

Here is my Dream-Tac in its current 3 different configurations:

1593222893_16241896315ef6a6edb9e668.60716916.JPG

Standard Dream-Tac Compact

1593222924_17300045595ef6a70c942e59.55031017.JPG

Dream-Tac Compact with Best Fittings 300cc CF Tank

1593222969_20390606495ef6a7398f5d12.51780725.JPG

Dream-Tac Magnum, with 500mm barrel and 580cc CF Tank

I have a .25 bolt probe coming so I can also use the 600mm .25 barrel from my Dreamline Classic and the 380mm .25 barrel from my Crown Continuum. The Dream-Tac is definitely a versatile platform.