• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline Compact Tactical .22

1591294925_6528777505ed93bcd6ffb75.67644080.JPG

Oh WOW!!!! Think I need a private moment please.....

I might just pull the trigger on the tac compact when they switch to superior liner as standard.

Very nice. I am really digging the collapsible stocks on these guys. I got the Impact Compact, but after putting a bigger bottle on it and the Donny Koi, so the barrel doesn't look shorter than the bottle (and for quitness as well!), it is not that Compact anymore! I am looking at getting a more lightweight scope to make it lighter and more compact now. I do love the extra shots though, especially with the big mags...

All,

Big thank you for all the feedback.

FLGunner has a good solution.... Broozer and DatsKindaSIG had to go for the Tanto 

I have a .22 compact with a Sumo myself and wanted a second (larger) bottle.

That brings me to Best Fittings for a 220cc or a 300cc. Could go for the 220cc as that will certainly work. The 300 MIGHT be ok if I remove or replace the spacer (that spacer must be 15mm on the 300cc and 20mm on the 220cc, if I analyse the dimensions on website and take Vetmx feedback into account ).....but I don't have the tool. By the way, what tool is needed?

As I see it, if I go for the 300, I need to buy OR the tool, OR a Tatsu or something comparable...... in addition.....what I wanted to avoid.

So a difficult choice..... anybody any idea how difficult it is to remove the spacer and what the risk could be? Or going for a smaller one? 

Not sure what to do.... open for suggestions.

That brings me to Best Fittings for a 220cc or a 300cc. Could go for the 220cc as that will certainly work. The 300 MIGHT be ok if I remove or replace the spacer (that spacer must be 15mm on the 300cc and 20mm on the 220cc, if I analyse the dimensions on website and take Vetmx feedback into account ).....but I don't have the tool. By the way, what tool is needed?

As I see it, if I go for the 300, I need to buy OR the tool, OR a Tatsu or something comparable...... in addition.....what I wanted to avoid.

The Sumo and Tatsu are the same diameter, so if the Tatsu works, so should the Sumo.

1591575079_16311706175edd8227330be2.16336421.jpg

Mungmeister,

If you can, can you please post a pic of your compact with longer bottle and koi? 

i was kicking around the same idea just a few days ago. I was wondering if the koi would be small enough (diameter) to clear the bottle. 

TY,

Gabe

The Koi is the same diameter as the Tanto, so it will work also. The Sumo and Koi are just longer than the Tatsu and Tanto.

All,

Big thank you for all the feedback.

FLGunner has a good solution.... Broozer and DatsKindaSIG had to go for the Tanto 

So a difficult choice..... anybody any idea how difficult it is to remove the spacer and what the risk could be? Or going for a smaller one? 

Not sure what to do.... open for suggestions.

I haven't bought a carbon fiber bottle and/or owned any LDC yet, but I was trying to figure if I could get Tatsu. (I knew I wouldn't have any problem with a Tanto becuase it has a smaller diameter.) FLgunner's picture of his gun with Best Fittings 300cc bottle & Tatsu made it clear for me that I can get a Tatsu (or even Sumo) if I want when I upgrade to a carbon fiber bottle. I'm pretty sure that the spacers used on 220cc and 300cc bottles are the same size (thickness), but you can send them an email and ask to make sure. By the way, I was told by Best Fittings that the spacer can be removed using their FX Bottle Valve Installation/Removal Tool.

@FLgunner...thank you for the pictures. 

The Sumo and Tatsu are the same diameter, so if the Tatsu works, so should the Sumo.

1591575079_16311706175edd8227330be2.16336421.jpg

Indeed Sumo and Tatsu are the same, I wanted to say Tanto
Thanks all.

Contacted Best fittings for more details. I plan to remove the spacer or replace with a thinner one. I don't see why the spacer in my case is needed.

Will keep you posted

More from Best fittings:

"I have updated the dimensions on the website to be accurate.

The lengths are approximate as the cylinders are carbon fiber and may vary slightly.

220cc with FX Valve - Approx 210mm long

300cc with FX Valve - Approx 260mm long

Yes you can remove the spacer if you want to, you would just need this spanner to enable removal of the valve:

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/fill-probes-adaptors/buddy-bottles-valves/fx-buddy-bottle-valve-installation-removal-tool/

The Spacer is 6mm thick.

We fitted these originally because of the small mounting rail as found underneath the bottles on the FX Impact guns."

Well since this seems to be an active topic, I would like to know how everyone's gun is holding its zero. My gun seems overly sensitive no matter what barrel I have on it. Maybe its because I have gotten used to my other guns platforms that have don't have so much barrel out waving in the wind. I could fall down a flight of stairs with my Taipan or Priest, get up, dust myself off and smack a penny at 50yrds. My Dreamtac seems to get traumatized much easier. It seems like I am always making adjustments to my POI. But once set for that day, its deadly accurate.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Well since this seems to be an active topic, I would like to know how everyone's gun is holding its zero. My gun seems overly sensitive no matter what barrel I have on it. Maybe its because I have gotten used to my other guns platforms that have don't have so much barrel out waving in the wind. I could fall down a flight of stairs with my Taipan or Priest, get up, dust myself off and smack a penny at 50yrds. My Dreamtac seems to get traumatized much easier. It seems like I am always making adjustments to my POI. But once set for that day, its deadly accurate.

Mine is the dreamlite compact and has been doing incredibly well with no poi shift at all that I can tell. It has became my newer go to for the yard , sheds and barns. lol I enjoy carring it around alot more than the impact or worrying about the laminate stock on the crowns lol. I would suggest just picking up a shorter barrel if it were me. I am taking a liking to the shorter lengths as of recent for every day use for myself. My barrel might be 12 to 12 and a half inches if I had to guess.