• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

fx dreamline compact (tac or lite)

Hi all

I already posted on the other Forum to ask about owners opinions on the fx dreamline compact-range.
As there was so much commotion when it launched I really expected to find some online reviews but they
seem to be rare as hens teeth... Anyone here like to chime in on the compacts? specifically about the .22, noise wise (with or without LDC), 
tuning the power DOWN (seems to be harder in the dreamline series and I really do not need 30 FPE in a backyard), overal quality,... (since FX had some QC issues when I last researched them back in '18, '19...

Reason is that with the whole corona-thing here in Europe I won't be able to visit the store where they sell the Edgun Leshiy I originally wanted and am looking at compact alternatives that are easily turned down... And I'm a hold it in my hands before I buy kind of guy so might not get my hands on it. I'm not looking for excess power (I'm thinking about getting a veteran standard for that next year if finances allow), I'm looking for high quality compact short-ish range plinking fun.

Thank you all for your time!

A.

I have the .22 compact and i love it!, it is as precise as any of my other guns out to 70-80m

it is very easy to tune down.

if you ad a supressor it is muse fart quiet 

i have nothing negative to say about this gun

1584876429_185127045e774b8de0fb73.81165551.jpeg

I own a leshiy and dreamline classic. I have shot my friends dreamtac compact. Overall I would say they are very diff guns. If you are thinking about backpacking or traveling around with your gun I would def recommend the leshiy for its robustness. If you are planning just to shoot in the backyard and doing light hunting/pesting then the fx would be the way to go. My friend took his dreamtac with him when we went on an overnight backpacking trip, while I took my leshiy. When we showed up he felt the need to check his poi and sure enough, it was off by a little, I checked my leshiy too since I was waiting for him and mine was spot on. It just really depends on what you plan to do with it. 

Reactions: Achilles_13
1584882154_5948878915e7761ea54ee19.15931532.jpg

I agree with spyde82 I absolutely love it with no complaints at all. Mine is in .22 cal as well and I have change the moderator to a carbon fiber larger one and much more effective to get whisper quiet as well.

how did the bag rider attach to the stock pictures of the right side of the gun please

PM 'd Ya lol. 😁👌

I love the look of the Dreamline and that it is 90% of an Impact for 50% of the price. Having said that, like was mentioned, I'd be nervous about POI shifts. Yesterday my Taipan Veteran slipped off the back of the couch and hit the floor...about a 2 and a half foot drop. POI didn't shift at all. In compact tactical guise I think I'd lean toward a AT Uragan before the Dreamline. I've read it is similarly tough as the Veteran and Leishy.

Interesting !

The Taipan Veteran (standard) in .22 was my second choice for a rifle. If I can't get it as compact as I like, might as well go for that. I believe it is not quite as atractive but its reliabilty, accuracy and silence are quite famous. And I found a guy who showed me how to mod the TP (of the taipan) so it can be used to switch between high and low power... This would make the ES in fps smaller when turning it down. I do still hope I can get the Leshiy in a hands-on deal...

I think I might propose to the store owner to give him a down payment and keep one to the side for when this whole corona madness dies down and I'm allowed to visit the physical store again... He'll always be able to sell the "last" Leshiy if I don't take it plus I'll be spending the down payment in his store either way since he also sells the Taipans here.

Who knows, I might get lucky...

Interesting !

The Taipan Veteran (standard) in .22 was my second choice for a rifle. If I can't get it as compact as I like, might as well go for that. I believe it is not quite as atractive but its reliabilty, accuracy and silence are quite famous. And I found a guy who showed me how to mod the TP (of the taipan) so it can be used to switch between high and low power... This would make the ES in fps smaller when turning it down. I do still hope I can get the Leshiy in a hands-on deal...

I think I might propose to the store owner to give him a down payment and keep one to the side for when this whole corona madness dies down and I'm allowed to visit the physical store again... He'll always be able to sell the "last" Leshiy if I don't take it plus I'll be spending the down payment in his store either way since he also sells the Taipans here.

Who knows, I might get lucky...

The Veteran is my favorite airgun right now. Nice and short but huge power if you need it and wide HS power adjustment. Super rugged. Trigger is perfect. Accuracy is as good as any airgun I've got. Backyard quiet without the need for an add-on mod which keeps it short. My only wish were it was a bit lighter.