• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Dreamline Classic

So very new to the forum and the airgun world. I’ve been lurking and searching was looking hard at a marauder but figure a few upgrades had me at or near the cost of the Dreamline. Now it looks as though the Dreamline Classic is not even available for months at best. I’ve noticed a few on the other side of the pond and assume they’re all built the same but thought I better ask?

ideas advice all welcome maybe someone wants to offload one lol

thank you all

...I’ve noticed a few on the other side of the pond and assume they’re all built the same but thought I better ask?...

They may or may not be the same depending on what you buy and who you buy from. Make sure you get a full power or FAC gun if you buy from Europe. Some guns destined for G.B. may be the sub-12 ft-lb variety which are more commonly available to shooters who don't have a Firearms Certificate (which is required there for high power airguns). Also note that due to territory restrictions imposed by FX, even though you may see the gun available on the other side of the pond, that shop may still not be able to sell it to you.

PA has had some Classics in stock over the last few weeks or so, but I guess that they were not of the configuration you wanted. They currently have a laminate stocked one available, but it is in .177 cal (which some find limiting in its capabilities, but at least .177 ammo has been readily available throughout the pellet drought). The others I recently saw had synthetic stocks but now are gone.

Seems like guns coming into stock are real hit-or-miss, with no one really able to plan on incoming shipments. U.S. ports are still a mess, with ships waiting to dock, then waiting to be off-loaded, then the off-loaded containers waiting to be trucked to their destinations. Then all of a sudden a bunch of guns or pellets just show up on the sites. Gotta guess that a container just got delivered to a distributor.

These days you've just got to keep an eye on all of the sites and be ready to act when something shows up. And maybe accept a different gun then you planned. Wanted a .22 but a .25 shows up in stock somewhere? Maybe that .25 will be the way to go? Flexibility and/or patience.

Get on a waiting and/or notification list now. Sometimes this is called 'Pre-order' but you don't even have to put any money down (likely because if you don't want it someone will!). You'll be glad in 3 months when you have been looking around and still haven't found one.

I got on the Utah Airgun pre-order list for an Impact in March with an 8 week wait when it was still an M2. M3 dropped in April so wait time increased. Finally got my Impact end of June. I believe the wait times can vary significantly between FX models due to demand or how many of each model they are making.

Your logic is solid. I started with a Marauder .22 and had to do a bunch of mods to it. The bolt action is just kind of annoying. Would have been nicer to have started with the Dreamline!

Well here is what u should expect. This is from the Classic I won here on the forum.1 of the 1st ones in the country. Now I'm just an average shooter. The key is to remember (ALL of the BASICS in a session). Before this post I had had to send it back for repair ( a leak from the regulator ). When I got it back I had to make adjustments to the regulator and the hammer-spring to group the 18gr JSBs really well. Since the stroke I really don't have any confidence with such endeavors. But HEY! It worked out really well.The regulator is at 110, the FPS is in 840 fps.And I have a solid 36 shot string.This is what I call a really good day
img016.1630976769.jpg

I initially wanted the Dreamline Classic, but availability dictated that I buy the tactical version instead. Mine is .177 caliber and I get similar groups at 50 yards in calm conditions with JSB Heavies and Monsters (old style, not RD). The really cool part is that I can easily convert it to a Classic for not an outrageous amount of money if I decide I want to later. I've had zero issues with mine so far in the 3 months or so that I've had it. I monkeyed around a little with the regulator and hammer adjustments. I can switch between my two pellet weights and all I have to do is change the hammer adjustment, which happens to be a little easier to do with the Tactical model. These are pretty nice guns for the money. The Impact and Maverick get all the press, but I think the Dreamlines may be the real gems in FX's lineup.